The Jayhawks Call It Quits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/new...ff/story/0001/20050222/1602531424.htm&sc=1403

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The Jayhawks have apparently called it a day. Singer Gary Louris has confirmed that the alternative-country pioneers - formed in Minneapolis two decades ago - are no longer an active band.

"I don't think we're going to do anything else,'' Louris told the Star Tribune. "We felt like we've done that enough. Everybody just wants to do something else. We haven't completely closed the door, but ... I'd say it's dead.''

A sold-out concert in Madison, Wis., on Saturday reunited Louris with singer Mark Olson, who quit the Jayhawks in 1995. The concert was part of a three-week tour.

Since their formation, the Jayhawks have issued five major-label albums that have sold about 1 million copies combined. Rolling Stone and Spin magazines listed the group's "Hollywood Town Hall'' (1992) as one of the most essential albums of the 1990s.

Louris recently co-wrote new tunes with the Dixie Chicks and appears eager to try other career directions, such as record production.

"When you're on the treadmill (with a full-time band), you never have time to learn anything else,'' he said. "I'm enjoying all these new experiences.''

I haven't listened to them in years...I'll have to pull out Rainy Day Music and give it a listen. Hah! Appropriate for the stinky California weather lately :wink:

Yeah, I'm going to miss them. Everybody's got to break up sometime, though...

God, I miss those guys. When I was living in Chicago back in the nine-zero's I saw them FOUR times between Hollywood Town Hall & Tomorrow the Green Grass. Luckily for me, they were playing "Blue" long before the album came out.

Those were the days...

I saw that Mark & Gary are touring, but they're not coming to California, and if Gary's not playing electric guitar there's really no point.

laz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom