The iPod Folder of Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate those bloody exclamation points. You move something, and instead of being able to find it, iTunes makes you do it yourself. I hate iTunes. :angry: Have you moved anything? If not, try kicking your computer or something.

it's on the iPod it's self, and every thing on their exclamation folder of death page doesn't work.

my warranty expired like 3 weeks ago

how ironic.

apple's trying to fuck me into buying a new one... without the extended service warranty they want to charge me 278 bucks to get it fixed... a new one costs 300. fuck they couch.

Mine does that sometimes and I just have to disconnect it, close iTunes/restart my computer, then connect it and reopen iTunes. Sometimes it takes several times. My iPod is always fine, though, it's just iTunes being its crappy self.

My ipod has just erased everything from itself so think yourself lucky its just a folder :madspit:

Blech. I got that last week. Mine was still under warranty and I took it in to an Apple store and they gave me a new one right away, free of cost.

Hard luck. :(

redkat said:
can you re-download what was in the ipod folder of death? :huh:

some are misunderstanding the folder of death...

i can't access my iPod... at all. not just a folder, everything. the folder of death is what's being displayed on the iPod's face.

all the files i've purchased are on one of three computers... my old desktop at home, my desktop at work, or the laptop i'm on now... so thankfully i'll be able to reload everything once either figure this shit out or buy a new one... but it's still a pain in the ass... my ipod and me haven't been apart for more than a day or two. i don't know what i'd do with a prolonged absence :sad:

I got that once and the guy in customer service had me try a hard reset. Needless to say it didn't work, but thankfully my was still under warranty. I sent that one back and they sent me a new one.

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with yours. :(

Headache in a Suitcase said:

some are misunderstanding the folder of death...

i can't access my iPod... at all. not just a folder, everything. the folder of death is what's being displayed on the iPod's face.

all the files i've purchased are on one of three computers... my old desktop at home, my desktop at work, or the laptop i'm on now... so thankfully i'll be able to reload everything once either figure this shit out or buy a new one... but it's still a pain in the ass... my ipod and me haven't been apart for more than a day or two. i don't know what i'd do with a prolonged absence :sad:

I'm so sorry :hug:

*goes to hug her ipod

OOohhhhh I odn't like hearing all this iPod stuff. I cannot wait to get home to mine. Knock on wood, nearing 3 months and no problems. It is quite happy docked on its new iHome. I did get the 2 year ext. warranty though. I've not had any problems with my iTunes either. yet.....

shockingly enough, my u2 iPod is a few weeks over a year... the warranty was good for a year, and a few weeks after the warranty expires, they force me to update the software on it, and i go and do just that, and while i'm updating my software, the shit dies on me.

somehow i don't think it's a coincidence.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
shockingly enough, my u2 iPod is a few weeks over a year... the warranty was good for a year, and a few weeks after the warranty expires, they force me to update the software on it, and i go and do just that, and while i'm updating my software, the shit dies on me.

somehow i don't think it's a coincidence.

wait ... how do they force you to update the software?

my ipod will be a year in a few months:(

sami0201 said:

yes, I took songs from my dads computer this afternoon...but I've done it a million times and nothing bad happened before

oh, cuz I remember when I first got mine I uploaded songs from my computer, and then went to my dad's comp and uploaded too

and the ones from my previous upload were erased and only the ones on my dad's comp stayed :huh:

damn Apple

I better go kiss my ipod now because I put it through it paces at the gym most days and knowing my luck something would happen just after the warranty is done. So far so good with minor glitches here and there.

mine is just over a year now and i've never had a single problem with it. it's even been clear across the country and back. the display face is scratched to shit but she's still kicking as good as new.

Back
Top Bottom