The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided on Suspicion And Intrigue. The fact that REM's Suspicion made the list makes it work on more than one level.

Time to make a disturbingly artsy cover pic.

I'm 90% done with the mini mix.

There's one song I really wanted on the list, but I can't quite make it fit the way I want.

And there's an accidental fade out/fade into the next song that was a really fun surprise. When I remembered how this version of song A ended, I was very bummed. But when I heard how awesomely it fit into the beginning of song B, I lol'd in delight.

siwi6.jpg

:rockon:

corianderstem said:
I have an idea, a whole folder full of songs, and a headache already, imagining trying to whittle it down to 60-80 minutes.

Here's a random question. You know when you say it has to be officially released in some capacity? How would that work when dealing with a classical piece?

Are we looking at "officially released" from the performer's standpoint, or does it just have to be officially released somewhere, composer-wise?

i.e., could I use a Debussy piano piece that I'm performing because there are commercially available versions of that particular piece, or would my recording have to be commercially available? (Because, like, it's totally not. :lol: )

Well, you said this is a non-issue, but here's how you get around this problem if you do want to use it - or if anyone else wishes to do anything similar.

The rule on official releases is simply that the artist has released the track for the general population to hear in some kind of format. This happens to include online releases - iTunes-only bonuses, songs on the band's own website, and so forth. One track used in the Prog Island Supertracklist was Pure Reason Revolution's Victorious Cupid, which is a "single" they released simply by posting it to their MySpace. So you could upload your recording to a public post on, say, your own webspace or LiveJournal or anything of the sort, and it passes the rule.

Axver said:

Yeah, Jesu's the new band of Justin K. Broadrick. Damn good stuff too, with shoegazer influence - particularly in the Silver EP and Conqueror album. The Heart Ache EP and self-titled album are closer to drone doom. I haven't heard the latest EP yet.

Friends Are Evil is fucking intense. Possibly the heaviest song I have.

I need to get some Godflesh; haven't heard any yet.

I have the Silver EP and Conqueror by Jesu. I think both are really good. I don't really have any interest in the earlier stuff as it's a little more heavy for my tastes.

At least, from what I've read.

Jesu just missed my Desert Island III cut, but will probably be in this one.

Screwtape2 said:

:lol:

It looks like a yearbook cover. I like it though.

I think I'll do it over. The crap on the edges looks embarrassing. :lol: Maybe a different color would help. I don't mind redoing it...it's quite fun, actually.

Hey, is there any way for me to get in on this? Like, has anyone pulled out or anything? I've got an idea I can run with if I can get in.

Edit: A few posts above, AtomicBono said she is pulling out...can I take her space?

Last edited:
Man, I have a loose concept of the whole thing but I can't seem to shorten it up and make it snappy.

Plus, titles are bitches, it's a fact.

I'm having the opposite problem as most of you. I'm having trouble finding 80 minutes worth of songs that really hit my theme on the head. Also, my theme covers something so scary/sad/dark/intense that I am hesitant to use any upbeat song.

And the one-song-per-artist rule is kicking my ass. Any chance it could be upgraded to two-songs-per-artist?

I think Screwtape and I switched brains for this one. He's going for a much lighter theme, and my playlist is incredibly dark and intense. :hmm:

namkcuR said:
And the one-song-per-artist rule is kicking my ass. Any chance it could be upgraded to two-songs-per-artist?

Considering we've just gone down from 160 to 80 minutes? No. It would be more logical to go to half a song per artist. :wink:

And I say this as someone whose concept would benefit from being allowed to use two Porcupine Tree songs.

LemonMelon said:
I think Screwtape and I switched brains for this one. He's going for a much lighter theme, and my playlist is incredibly dark and intense. :hmm:

:shifty: I said it had a happy ending not that it had a lighter theme. It might be the most sinister and intense playlist I've ever done. The tagline for it is "America & The Fear of The Female Orgasm." So it isn't a lighter topic. :lol:

Screwtape2 said:

:shifty: I said it had a happy ending not that it had a lighter theme. It might be the most sinister and intense playlist I've ever done. The tagline for it is "America & The Fear of The Female Orgasm." So it isn't a lighter topic. :lol:

But it's not depressing, right? :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom