The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #436
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:35 AM
I was a San Francisco fan till I was 11. I don't know why. Then I realized that it was sports bigamy. I corrected the mistake. I sort of ignore those years.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #437
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:35 AM

Sports bigamy is one of my biggest pet peeves. Only one group of people are exempt for it, and that's the "Girl Who's Trying to Watch Sports More Often."

I'm trying to ween one off of loving players because of their "hotness" and liking the Mavs and Suns because they're cool. She should be a Magic fan, and that's it.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #438
The Male

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I love being in the same division as Daniel Snyder. You can never predict the Eagles to go worse than 2-14.
2005. You sucked, we were good. Last year was an anomaly. Just you watch.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #439
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Sports bigamy is one of my biggest pet peeves. Only one group of people are exempt for it, and that's the "Girl Who's Trying to Watch Sports More Often."

I'm trying to ween one off of loving players because of their "hotness" and liking the Mavs and Suns because they're cool. She should be a Magic fan, and that's it.
My cousin's like this. She's a Philly fan, but gets pissed when I get angry with players she thinks are hot, which include brutal RP Ryan Madson and Eagles KR Jeremy Bloom.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #440
Refugee

Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:

<Laughs>

I'm a shameless sports bigamist. Grew up in New England, so I love the Red Sox and Patriots. But now I live in Seattle, and I love the Seattle teams.

I can't just turn my back on my childhood teams, though.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #441
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

2005. You sucked, we were good. Last year was an anomaly. Just you watch.
Uh, actually 2005 would be the anomaly. Especially considering the Eagles made the playoffs in six of the last seven, the one would be anomaly. It's called the outlier in mathematics. Look it up.

Daniel Snyder. Daniel Snyder. Daniel Snyder.

I'm ashamed that my name's Daniel while his is, sort of like how the Dixie Chicks were ashamed that George Bush is from Texas. He gives us Dan's a bad name.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #442
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by SeattleVertigo

<Laughs>

I'm a shameless sports bigamist. Grew up in New England, so I love the Red Sox and Patriots. But now I live in Seattle, and I love the Seattle teams.

I can't just turn my back on my childhood teams, though.
Right, I think if you supplant into other cities, it's cool to go to those games and enjoy them, but your loyalties still lie with your teams, you know?

and Philly, is Daniel Snyder the Billy King of football? Or is Billy King the Daniel Snyder of basketball?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #443
The Male

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quote:

Uh, actually 2005 would be the anomaly. Especially considering the Eagles made the playoffs in six of the last seven, the one would be anomaly. It's called the outlier in mathematics. Look it up.

Daniel Snyder. Daniel Snyder. Daniel Snyder.

I'm ashamed that my name's Daniel while his is, sort of like how the Dixie Chicks were ashamed that George Bush is from Texas. He gives us Dan's a bad name.
It may not be an anomaly for the Eagles, but it is for the Skins. To slowly get better and then all of the sudden have the worst season we've had in years (primarily because of injuries) would be enough to consider 2006 a fluke.

Anyway, if McNabb makes it through half the season, I'll be completely shocked. Best of luck.

BTW, most Skins fans agree with your loathing of Snyder, but at least he wants us to win. His problem? No patience whatsoever.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #444
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
and Philly, is Daniel Snyder the Billy King of football? Or is Billy King the Daniel Snyder of basketball?
They equally have screwed up their teams. The difference is that Snyder is the owner of his team, while Billy King is merely the GM. The Sixers and Flyers are owned by the Comcast Corp. (which is why in the Wachovia Center, there are those huge "THIS IS COMCAST COUNTRY" signs.), which could fire King (but doesn't want to because Ed Snider, essentially the owner as the main rep. of Comcast for the Sixers and Flyers, loves people who kiss his ass, hence why Bobby Clarke isn't still around.) Daniel Snyder is the boss, so ... tougher times for the Skins.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #445
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Ironically, Kyle Korver is one of the "hot players" because he looks almost exactly like Ashton Kutcher.

Faaantastic.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #446
Blue Crack Supplier

I want Kyle Korver to race Pat Burrell. It would be like the Charles Barkley - Dick Bavetta race.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #447
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:35 PM
People, people, the more you talk about pseudo-sports, the more likely I am to inflict a playlist of the most insane metal possible on all of you. Trust me, you'll enjoy it even less than I enjoy reading about watching paint dry.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #448
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
People, people, the more you talk about pseudo-sports, the more likely I am to inflict a playlist of the most insane metal possible on all of you. Trust me, you'll enjoy it even less than I enjoy reading about watching paint dry.
The new Eagles punter is Sav Rocca. Does that interest you at all?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #449
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Quote:
The new Eagles punter is Sav Rocca. Does that interest you at all?
I just discovered Hellhammer plays drums for YET ANOTHER black metal band. Shall I put that on the tracklist too?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #450
Blue Crack Supplier

Hey, at least I referenced a guy who played in Melbourne. That's somewhat interesting, sort of.