The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorites, actually. It's a shame it wasn't on Pop, it would've been perfectly before or after Please.

Pop was a great album but it had so many tracks that I think were not that good, especially considering the fact they had songs like North and South of the River.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
One of my favorites, actually. It's a shame it wasn't on Pop, it would've been perfectly before or after Please.

Definitely before. Please--->WUDM is the greatest segue U2 ever conceived.

And, outside of Miami (which is so crappy that it's hilarious), there are no bad tracks on Pop. Last Night On Earth made my DI4 playlist. :up:

If they went back and made the album with the live versions of most of those songs, it would be so, so, much better.

They only got SATS and WUDM right on the album.

phillyfan26 said:
If they went back and made the album with the live versions of most of those songs, it would be so, so, much better.

They only got SATS and WUDM right on the album.

Mofo was close to perfect, too. It should've been the album opener, but that's for a completely different EYKIW topic.

Screwtape2 said:

:huh: SATS is the second best song on Pop. The guitar part is what makes it great.

I'm not saying it's not a good song (it's a very good song, which came through acoustically), it's just that the guitar effect chosen is a horrible faux pas. (I'm talking about the chorus, mostly)

I enjoyed the album version and the acoustic version (but not the Best Of version). I thought the one drawback of the acoustic is that it lost the power of the chorus, losing the drums, bass, and yes the guitar. I don't think it was a bad effect. :shrug:

LemonMelon said:

Definitely before. Please--->WUDM is the greatest segue U2 ever conceived.

And, outside of Miami (which is so crappy that it's hilarious), there are no bad tracks on Pop. Last Night On Earth made my DI4 playlist. :up:

Last Night On Earth is one of my favourites

Miami is god awful :wink:

Velvet Dress sounds better live or the Jools Holland version (I think that's it)

My mix will be a tribute to the majesty of Big, Dumb Pop Songs.

I'm totally kidding. Did I scare you? :wink:

Mine is a transition from misery to hope to questioning to looking back to HEY THIS IS FUCKIN GREAT.

I love it. You'll all hate it though. I might need to call up my old Drexel Hill buddy Timmy to get a few votes my way. He'll figure out how.

Mine (not sure if I'll go with it) is just a complete showcase of amazing Irish (not one non-Irish artist/band) music, so yeah it's my Nationalist side :wink:

Irishteen said:
Mine (not sure if I'll go with it) is just a complete showcase of amazing Irish (not one non-Irish artist/band) music, so yeah it's my Nationalist side :wink:

All right! Some Pogues coming up? :yes:

LemonMelon said:

THAT'S UNPOSSIBLE!!! :eek:

*haed asplodes*

:lol:

Mine's sci-fi-tastic. I don't wanna give away too much right now, but I'm kind of proud of it.

Screwtape2 said:
I've finished my list and it's not depressing. :dance:

:wink:

Depending what idea I go with, mine will either turn you into a hermit or make you just give up on life entirely.

Axver said:

Depending what idea I go with, mine will either turn you into a hermit or make you just give up on life entirely.

Ummmmm....I'm just downloading your setlist for Desert Island 3 right now. You have me a little bit scared. <wink>

I have an alternate idea I probably won't use that would make Schindler's List look decidedly happy.

SeattleVertigo said:

Ummmmm....I'm just downloading your setlist for Desert Island 3 right now. You have me a little bit scared. <wink>

Don't worry, when you start playing it and Slice Of Heaven begins, your worries should be put to rest. :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

:lol:

Mine's sci-fi-tastic. I don't wanna give away too much right now, but I'm kind of proud of it.

:rockon: My list is dark, intense, and a bit sexy. That's how albums representing a CIA agent's run from the killer that he was attempting to bring to justice should sound, right? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom