The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry about it. I won't post the master list (if Screwtape wants me to) until I know the status of the others who haven't submitted anything. There might be a delay of a day or so until we get this figured out.

Alright. I don't doubt that imp13 and Lance will make their submissions. Did anyone get in touch with neutral?

And, you know, every time I say "I'll finish this early and get my uploads done promptly", and then I find myself tinkering at the last minute. Even this morning, I was trying to work another song into the mix but everywhere it fit thematically, it didn't fit sonically, and vice versa. Oh well, look out for some of The Rip next time. :wink:

SeattleVertigo said:
When I tried to download LemonMelon's list from the previous batch, it said the link was no longer available -- will there be a new link?

It's uploading right now.

Lemonchick said:
4 of Phillyfan's files are protected:

Mad World
Clocks
Stadium Arcadium
Grey Street

I have Mad World and Clocks but I don't want to listen without having all the songs.
Hopefully this can be fixed by the time all the links go out?

Assuming that Mad World is by Gary Jules, that's one my playlist. :)

Well so far I'm missing an opponent for the rivalry round :ohmy:

So I know Axver and I have ours done. Still waiting to hear from:

Lancemc
inmyplace13
neutral

It's Labor Day weekend in the U.S., so perhaps that's part of the problem. We'll give it a bit more time.

Yeah, hey guys. I've had a busy weekend. But I did manage to upload my list on mediafire. I just need to type it all up and submit it, which should happen some time today. :)

I've been so busy with my new condo, parties, football, beer, and the beginning of the fall semester that I haven't got a chance to even begin working on this yet.

As much as I've been looking forward to it, I regret to say I'm going to have to drop out.

Ah hell, I was looking forward to your list too.

Well, do we have a backup? And if we don't, shall I just do another notAxver list?

Axver said:
Ah hell, I was looking forward to your list too.

Well, do we have a backup? And if we don't, shall I just do another notAxver list?

A Supertracklist and notAxver list might be too much.

We could do three groups of five. Top two in each group advance plus two wildcards. In the playoffs, we seed based on record/point differential.

Would that work?

That sounds like a good idea. :up:

How will we determine the wildcards? The two with the best overall result that didn't make it as automatic qualifiers?

Axver said:

How will we determine the wildcards? The two with the best overall result that didn't make it as automatic qualifiers?

Yep. :)

I re-worked the groups to make them all more even.

Group 1
Screwtape2
Supertracklist
Neutral
Axver
Corianderstem

Group 2
LMP
Phillyfan
LemonMelon
NamkcuR
CuteIrishBono

Group 3
Phanan
Irishteen
Lemonchick
COBL_04
Lancemc

Oh hell, you and I are in the same group?

That's going to be good. In a bad way. Or maybe the other way around.

Just got home from my very oddly scheduled Labor Day vacation. Apparently some of my links are locked, I honestly don't know what that means, but I'll try to fix it either tonight or tomorrow, as soon as I can. I have some other business I have to take care of, sorry about not getting this earlier.

Screwtape2 said:
Group 2
LMP
Phillyfan
LemonMelon
NamkcuR
CuteIrishBono

billmurray_whataboutbob_02.jpg

Hi, I'm Bob, could you please knock me out? Just hit me right on the head?

Well, you and LM are very good at this, Namckur's list was fantastic, and Cute Irish Bono wants to tackle me. So, I'm not quite sure what to think right now. I think I'm gonna walk into the middle of town and yell, "DOCTOR! LEO! MARVIN!" until help arrives, and then subsequently appear on national TV.

Screwtape2 said:

A Supertracklist and notAxver list might be too much.

We could do three groups of five. Top two in each group advance plus two wildcards. In the playoffs, we seed based on record/point differential.

Would that work?

Looks good, but I'm still awaiting word from neutral on her status, so it might need to change again.

That's just the past couple weeks since I moved into the new condo starting my third year of uni.

I'm going to try to make a tracklist anyway and let you guys have it. I know it won't be part of the competition, but I really dig the concept and know I could come up with something you guys would enjoy as much as my previous DI lists.

phillyfan26 said:
Well, you and LM are very good at this, Namckur's list was fantastic, and Cute Irish Bono wants to tackle me. So, I'm not quite sure what to think right now. I think I'm gonna walk into the middle of town and yell, "DOCTOR! LEO! MARVIN!" until help arrives, and then subsequently appear on national TV.

I said "I was going to tackle you" as a joke. The Philly's are a football team. So I was just using a strange metaphore. I just don't know if you were teasing me when you kidded around with me earlier. Do you want truce?

LemonMelon said:

Actually, baseball. Just saying. :uhoh:

Oh, I'm stupid. Sorry about that. I am also sorry that I said that I was going to tackle you, Philly. Can you forgive me? :reject: I am really bad about my information on sports. :der:

phanan said:

Looks good, but I'm still awaiting word from neutral on her status, so it might need to change again.

If we don't hear from neutral in time, shall we maybe try to make allowances for imp13 to submit something, or perhaps throw something else together? Something like notAxver in the Prog Island, but not necessarily by me.

Hell, maybe I could drag Liam into the tournament.

Cute Irish Bono said:

I said "I was going to tackle you" as a joke. The Philly's are a football team. So I was just using a strange metaphore. I just don't know if you were teasing me when you kidded around with me earlier. Do you want truce?

I was teasing, so don't worry. :) Just a quick update on the sports teams:

1. The Phillies are the baseball team.
2. Philly, with the -ly, is a nickname for Philadelphia, so I'm a fan of all the sports teams in Philadelphia.
3. You're thinking of the Eagles with football.

So, no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom