The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
Only six? We're gonna have to start forcing people.

And don't just do a top 5 for each category; rank every list. It's the only way we'll be able to pore over pages of pointless statistics. :drool:

I know this is a bit last minute, but I don't suppose anyone would be able to help me make a cover for my collection? It doesn't matter if it's not ready for the links mail-out or the master list, just in time for the tournament would do. I know that I can't make this idea myself.

Basically, what I'm envisaging is some kind of dirty, industrial landscape with an instrument - preferably a guitar, but whatever works easiest - lying somewhere, say on the street or against a building.

If anyone is willing to help, drop me an e-mail at amakaxver[at]gmail.com and I'll fill you in on the details/intent of my idea. If no-one can do it, that's OK, I have a back-up idea, but this would really suit my storyline if it can be done.

07of07hn0.jpg

You'll have to pay LemonMelon some royalties though.

LemonMacPhisto said:
You'll have to pay LemonMelon some royalties though.

I don't think that's really close to what I'm envisaging. Screwtape's more on the right track.

I was thinking of using a photo of a street from Chernobyl, perhaps with some effects so that it (especially the sky) looks even more polluted and decayed, possibly even apocalyptic, with an instrument lying somewhere - in a completely different colour so as to draw attention to it.

But I just found what is probably an even more ideal image. This, also from Chernobyl. I have no idea how hard it would be to somehow Photoshop a guitar into that, say just lying on the floor in the midground, but if anyone thinks they can do it (and add my title and adjust it to CD cover dimensions, etc.), please get in touch with me. :)

COBL_04 said:
After looking at that pic I'm guessing your playlist isn't going to be to uplifting Axver. :wink:

The ending is. I actually think it has one of my more positive endings. But the start aims to have a choking, suffocating atmosphere.

COBL_04 said:
Ah good to hear. That's what I tried to emulate with mine, although it sounds you've done it better.

The voters can be the judge of that, heh. I feel mine waits too long to get positive, but the time restriction limits me there and I'm not quite sure what else I would use anyway.

phanan said:

You'll have mine later today.

Either you or Axver are going to have to make the master list. My schedule will prevent me from doing it. It was no problem if people met the deadline but I'm busy all weekend and into the week. :(

I'll send both of you the recent playlists I've gotten and I will still send out the links.

Axver said:

I don't think that's really close to what I'm envisaging. Screwtape's more on the right track.

I was thinking of using a photo of a street from Chernobyl, perhaps with some effects so that it (especially the sky) looks even more polluted and decayed, possibly even apocalyptic, with an instrument lying somewhere - in a completely different colour so as to draw attention to it.

But I just found what is probably an even more ideal image. This, also from Chernobyl. I have no idea how hard it would be to somehow Photoshop a guitar into that, say just lying on the floor in the midground, but if anyone thinks they can do it (and add my title and adjust it to CD cover dimensions, etc.), please get in touch with me. :)

I was kidding because the ideas sounded a little similar. :wink:

If you still need help I'd like to give it a shot:

islagia@aol.com

LemonMacPhisto said:

I was kidding because the ideas sounded a little similar. :wink:

If you still need help I'd like to give it a shot:

islagia@aol.com

Hey, thanks, just e-mailed you. :)

And Screwtape, about when were you intending to post the master list? I may or may not be available, depending upon when it's to be done.

I think I'd prefer it if phanan did the master list, to be honest. I get too pedantic over perfecting the formatting. That's why I stopped enjoying doing the regular rounds, it just took me too long.

Also, you'll have my links before midnight, US eastern time, 1 September. Even though it's already early on 2 September here and I'm off to bed. :wink:

4 of Phillyfan's files are protected:

Mad World
Clocks
Stadium Arcadium
Grey Street

I have Mad World and Clocks but I don't want to listen without having all the songs.
Hopefully this can be fixed by the time all the links go out?

Axver said:

Hey, thanks, just e-mailed you. :)

And Screwtape, about when were you intending to post the master list? I may or may not be available, depending upon when it's to be done.

Sent.

Ugh, my upload speeds are being painful. Well, you'll have my links in the next few hours. :|

LemonMacPhisto said:

Unlike my crappy Internet, you're awesome. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom