The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I want to start a list of people who would like to be critic's in the Critic's Choice Awards for this game. You can be a critic even if you are not one of the contestants. :)

1. Axver
2. Phanan
3. Screwtape

If you are interested say so in this thread. :)

SeattleVertigo said:
How do the Critic's Choice Awards work?

And if I pick somebody over somebody else, do I make enemies? <wink>

There are eight categories and you rank a top three or five in each of those. A 1st place vote is equal to 5 points, a 2nd is 4 points and so on down. The person with the most points when all ballots are added up gets that award.

No one sees the ballots other than me and I'll forget a individual votes after a day or two. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

There are eight categories and you rank a top three or five in each of those. A 1st place vote is equal to 5 points, a 2nd is 4 points and so on down. The person with the most points when all ballots are added up gets that award.

No one sees the ballots other than me and I'll forget a individual votes after a day or two. :wink:

Well cool, sign me up!

It's not so bad. We have cooler looking helmets than the Pats or Colts :)yuck: ), and we actually won something on Saturday. :up:

It's better than being a Lions fan, anyway.

The Redskins were once a proud and mighty franchise, but Daniel Snyder simply doesn't know how to own a team. Seems like they've been mired in mediocrity for years.

But yes, a little bit better than the Lions. <wink>

Go Patriots! Go Seahawks!

SeattleVertigo said:
The Redskins were once a proud and mighty franchise, but Daniel Snyder simply doesn't know how to own a team. Seems like they've been mired in mediocrity for years.

So they're the Knicks of the NFL then?

I love being in the same division as Daniel Snyder. You can never predict the Eagles to go worse than 2-14. :D

I'm a Dolphins fan?

Papa LMP's been a die-hard since the mid '60s and I guess it's transferred to me. I don't follow pro football that much apart from fantasy leagues.

I have a friend who's born and raised here in the town of Just Outside of Philadelphia (JOP), who's a Dolphins fan and a Yankees fan. :huh:

phillyfan26 said:
I have a friend who's born and raised here in the town of Just Outside of Philadelphia (JOP), who's a Dolphins fan and a Yankees fan. :huh:

:ohmy:

My pop's also a Reds fan, then again Miami didn't have a baseball team back then so I guess it's not some weird sports bigamy.

I was a San Francisco fan till I was 11. I don't know why. Then I realized that it was sports bigamy. I corrected the mistake. I sort of ignore those years.

:lol:

Sports bigamy is one of my biggest pet peeves. Only one group of people are exempt for it, and that's the "Girl Who's Trying to Watch Sports More Often."

I'm trying to ween one off of loving players because of their "hotness" and liking the Mavs and Suns because they're cool. She should be a Magic fan, and that's it.

phillyfan26 said:
I love being in the same division as Daniel Snyder. You can never predict the Eagles to go worse than 2-14. :D

2005. You sucked, we were good. Last year was an anomaly. Just you watch. :sexywink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Sports bigamy is one of my biggest pet peeves. Only one group of people are exempt for it, and that's the "Girl Who's Trying to Watch Sports More Often."

I'm trying to ween one off of loving players because of their "hotness" and liking the Mavs and Suns because they're cool. She should be a Magic fan, and that's it.

My cousin's like this. She's a Philly fan, but gets pissed when I get angry with players she thinks are hot, which include brutal RP Ryan Madson and Eagles KR Jeremy Bloom.

LemonMacPhisto said:

<Laughs>

I'm a shameless sports bigamist. Grew up in New England, so I love the Red Sox and Patriots. But now I live in Seattle, and I love the Seattle teams.

I can't just turn my back on my childhood teams, though.

LemonMelon said:

2005. You sucked, we were good. Last year was an anomaly. Just you watch. :sexywink:

Uh, actually 2005 would be the anomaly. Especially considering the Eagles made the playoffs in six of the last seven, the one would be anomaly. It's called the outlier in mathematics. Look it up.

Daniel Snyder. Daniel Snyder. Daniel Snyder.

I'm ashamed that my name's Daniel while his is, sort of like how the Dixie Chicks were ashamed that George Bush is from Texas. He gives us Dan's a bad name. :angry:

SeattleVertigo said:

<Laughs>

I'm a shameless sports bigamist. Grew up in New England, so I love the Red Sox and Patriots. But now I live in Seattle, and I love the Seattle teams.

I can't just turn my back on my childhood teams, though.

Right, I think if you supplant into other cities, it's cool to go to those games and enjoy them, but your loyalties still lie with your teams, you know?

and Philly, is Daniel Snyder the Billy King of football? Or is Billy King the Daniel Snyder of basketball?

phillyfan26 said:

Uh, actually 2005 would be the anomaly. Especially considering the Eagles made the playoffs in six of the last seven, the one would be anomaly. It's called the outlier in mathematics. Look it up.

Daniel Snyder. Daniel Snyder. Daniel Snyder.

I'm ashamed that my name's Daniel while his is, sort of like how the Dixie Chicks were ashamed that George Bush is from Texas. He gives us Dan's a bad name. :angry:

It may not be an anomaly for the Eagles, but it is for the Skins. To slowly get better and then all of the sudden have the worst season we've had in years (primarily because of injuries) would be enough to consider 2006 a fluke.

Anyway, if McNabb makes it through half the season, I'll be completely shocked. Best of luck. :wink:

BTW, most Skins fans agree with your loathing of Snyder, but at least he wants us to win. :shrug: His problem? No patience whatsoever.

LemonMacPhisto said:
and Philly, is Daniel Snyder the Billy King of football? Or is Billy King the Daniel Snyder of basketball?

They equally have screwed up their teams. The difference is that Snyder is the owner of his team, while Billy King is merely the GM. The Sixers and Flyers are owned by the Comcast Corp. (which is why in the Wachovia Center, there are those huge "THIS IS COMCAST COUNTRY" signs.), which could fire King (but doesn't want to because Ed Snider, essentially the owner as the main rep. of Comcast for the Sixers and Flyers, loves people who kiss his ass, hence why Bobby Clarke isn't still around.) Daniel Snyder is the boss, so ... tougher times for the Skins.

Ironically, Kyle Korver is one of the "hot players" because he looks almost exactly like Ashton Kutcher.

Faaantastic.

I want Kyle Korver to race Pat Burrell. It would be like the Charles Barkley - Dick Bavetta race.

People, people, the more you talk about pseudo-sports, the more likely I am to inflict a playlist of the most insane metal possible on all of you. Trust me, you'll enjoy it even less than I enjoy reading about watching paint dry.

Axver said:
People, people, the more you talk about pseudo-sports, the more likely I am to inflict a playlist of the most insane metal possible on all of you. Trust me, you'll enjoy it even less than I enjoy reading about watching paint dry.

The new Eagles punter is Sav Rocca. Does that interest you at all? :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
The new Eagles punter is Sav Rocca. Does that interest you at all? :wink:

I just discovered Hellhammer plays drums for YET ANOTHER black metal band. Shall I put that on the tracklist too? :wink:

Hey, at least I referenced a guy who played in Melbourne. That's somewhat interesting, sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom