The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #181
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:33 AM
HOLY JEBUS GOD, I DID NOT WANT OR NEED TO SEE THAT.

: dies :

Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:33 PM
I've decided to use a completely different playlist then I originally planned to, this one has a much clearer concept, well more a story or soundtrack, but I'm still pretty proud of it, can't wait for the contest to start.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #183
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

Magical Mystery Tour was supposed to ba a concept album too and it was pretty depressing... Just not for the right reasons
Don't ever say anything like that again, or I'll disown you!

Title track
I Am The Walrus
Frickin' Strawberry Fields Forever(!)
Frickin' Penny Lane(!)

All You Need Is Love

MMT is a masterpiece. 'Nuff said.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:33 AM
My playlist is shaping up to be mostly instrumental, reflective of the subject matter.

We'll see if I stay with it or not.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #185
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:33 AM
I just made an awesome compilation that would suit this contest, except it's almost entirely metal of the very atmospheric-but-intense variety and no-one would listen to it. I'm tempted to submit it anyway ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #186
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I just made an awesome compilation that would suit this contest, except it's almost entirely metal of the very atmospheric-but-intense variety and no-one would listen to it. I'm tempted to submit it anyway ...
DO IT! That's what these mini-competitions are for.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #187
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
DO IT! That's what these mini-competitions are for.
Have you ever actually heard any black metal? Because you may just reconsider urging me to compete in light of the fact the tracklist contains three black metal songs.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #188
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Have you ever actually heard any black metal? Because you may just reconsider urging me to compete in light of the fact the tracklist contains three black metal songs.
God, I hate metal. Any metal. But I would prefer it if this black metal you speak of actually had some subtlety, unlike the boneheaded testosterone-soaked metal you generally hear these days.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #189
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:33 AM
My playlist is finally almost ready, it's ridiculously dark/depressing and the only two songs that aren't so dark and depressing turn out to be a kind of fever-induced delusion experienced by my character. Now I just need to come up with a title/cover and a good way of explaining my concept.

I can't wait for this to start.

Also, it's pretty sad that it took me my most depressed state in over a month AND crushing my hand with the garage door to come up with this playlist.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #190
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
God, I hate metal. Any metal. But I would prefer it if this black metal you speak of actually had some subtlety, unlike the boneheaded testosterone-soaked metal you generally hear these days.
Oh goodness, most metal that achieves popularity is usually terrible (well, this isn't entirely true in some European countries, but definitely is in the US/UK). I've never been much of a fan of the traditional metal varieties, e.g. thrash metal, New Wave Of British Heavy Metal. The current metalcore trend and recent nu-metal fad both piss me off too as I don't consider either to actually be metal and it just tarnished the name of a genre with a lot of highly talented and intelligent musicians. The types I like tend to be more underground and obscure; I lean towards avantgarde and atmospheric varieties of death and doom metal.

Black metal ... is insane. I don't really listen to it all too much, but these songs just work so well.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #191
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonchick
My playlist is finally almost ready, it's ridiculously dark/depressing and the only two songs that aren't so dark and depressing turn out to be a kind of fever-induced delusion experienced by my character.
This shall be our most fun tournament EVAH!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I hope you're okay, Lemonchick. No Canadians should be hurt in the making of these playlists.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Crazy idea but how about a round of rivalry matches in the mini-game? For instance...IMP v. LMP, Axver v. GG and so on. It wouldn't affect the group results but it would be fun. The result of your rivalry match would be a tiebreaker in the quarters and beyond. Would anyone be interested in that?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #194
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Yes, grudge matches!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #195
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
I hope you're okay, Lemonchick. No Canadians should be hurt in the making of these playlists.
Oh I'm fine, can't say the same for my hand though . It's slowly turning from a greenish-blue to a dark purple.

I can't wait to hear what everyone's coming up with, I think I'm more excited for this than I was for DI2 .
(I'm sure my excitement will subside when I get knocked out on the first round...again).