The Interference Festivus Airing of Grievances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2bonogirl said:
when I realized I made a really embarrassing typo in a post after I cant edit it anymore :mad:

That happens to me more times than I would care to recall:reject:

:bump:

look what Maddy found online!

festivus.icecream.jpg

If we're being serious here, there's one large thing that drives me nuts here.

It's the general G-rated "We all have to be friends" attitude that the mods enforce here. And by that I mean how this forum is almost completely unlike every other forum I frequent where if I have a strong disagreement with somebody, and someone starts saying stupid shit, we're not allowed to tear him a new one, or visa versa. Yet, at the same time, this is one of the few forums I visit that doesn't ****-out curse words. I could say fuck and shit and bitch and asshole all day here and it just shows right up. But god-forbit I call someone a moron or a dickhead when they're acting like one. There's a warning right there. You know what? This is an anonymous internet forum, not my fucking junior high school. A lot of us come here to share insights, debate, and even argue when the situation arises. Sometimes things get heated. Sometimes people act like retards. And a lot of times I don't feel like taping my fingers together (or sticking a sock in my mouth if I were to use a common if not inapplicable phrase) so as to not offend someone. That's what happens when people post their opinions and beliefs on a large public space, they open themselves up for criticism. And frequently I don't feel the mods here or the rules in general allow for that, which is just absurd in some cases.

[/rant]

Lancemc said:
If we're being serious here, there's one large thing that drives me nuts here.

It's the general G-rated "We all have to be friends" attitude that the mods enforce here. And by that I mean how this forum is almost completely unlike every other forum I frequent where if I have a strong disagreement with somebody, and someone starts saying stupid shit, we're not allowed to tear him a new one, or visa versa. Yet, at the same time, this is one of the few forums I visit that doesn't ****-out curse words. I could say fuck and shit and bitch and asshole all day here and it just shows right up. But god-forbit I call someone a moron or a dickhead when they're acting like one. There's a warning right there. You know what? This is an anonymous internet forum, not my fucking junior high school. A lot of us come here to share insights, debate, and even argue when the situation arises. Sometimes things get heated. Sometimes people act like retards. And a lot of times I don't feel like taping my fingers together (or sticking a sock in my mouth if I were to use a common if not inapplicable phrase) so as to not offend someone. That's what happens when people post their opinions and beliefs on a large public space, they open themselves up for criticism. And frequently I don't feel the mods here or the rules in general allow for that, which is just absurd in some cases.

[/rant]

We try to keep the environment nice. Plain and simple.

I think it's sad that if some people don't like or don't agree with others, they can't just be civil about it and either politely address the problem or just ignore it and move on.

I don't think we ask for too much.

I also think there is a big difference between being mean to someone and just swearing. Yes, this is an "anonymous" (to some extent) internet forum, but there are real people posting "anonymously", and they have real feelings and deserve a certain level of respect.

People are allowed to debate and have a difference of opinion...but they should be able to do so while still being respectful of those differences. Just because you and I have a different viewpoint doesn't mean I can call you an idiot...and I should have no reason to do so. If that's the best argument I can make...to call somebody a name...that is kind of sad and probably doesn't reflect on myself very well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom