the indispensable "Just That ONE Song" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

Btw, I must add...

Working Class Hero - John Lennon

:heart: :sad:

While watching the season ending of Lost, I switched over and caught Green Days version of this last night on American Idol. Had no idea Green Day was going to be on and doing this song from the Instant Karma Amnesty International Campaign to save Darfur.
The video is going to premier on May 30th on MTV, MTV2 and available for download from iTunes then.
Green Day did an excellent job of covering this song. :up:

and I agree, it's one of "Those" songs. :up:

Verve- Bittersweet Symphony

good lord, the ambition. And actually pulling it off. :drool:

They challenged the Gods on that one. And got screwed for it. But it all evens out.

MrBrau1 said:

They challenged the Gods on that one. And got screwed for it. But it all evens out.

Excellent. :yes:

That could very well be Bowie's greatest song, and that's really saying something :up:

-John Lennon - Imagine
-Elvis Costello - (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love & Understanding

Just 2 of my all time fave songs :love:

MrBrau1 said:

I came into this thread not knowing what I was going to say, but you just put the exact song I wanted. :up:

THE song.

Didn't the Live8 version do it justice? :rolleyes:

And I haven't even heard that Who song I don't think, and I will say the scream will be better than Aboy, which I am a fan of :lol:

Bittersweet symphony- The Verve AWESOME
With or Without You - U2 , Walk to the Water - U2
Sort of Homecoming and Unforgettable FIre - U2
Wonderwall - Oasis
Radiohead Gods(?)- all alone in a phone booth(may not be exactly right title)
Golden slumbers/here comes the sun -Beatles
The Two of Us - Beatles (from Let it Be)
Babylon - David Gray
Talking Heads - (from stop making sense)- ahhh, forgot the title
:mad: : will advise!!

Those come to mind right away

Got it.......
Talking Heads - This must be the place
and ...
Beatles - Here comes the sun

Guess this should be continued in the Top 5 Songs thread, eh?:yes:

xaviMF22 said:
Let Down- Radiohead

:hi5:

I'm going to pick Three Days by Jane's Addiction because it is the greatest song in rock history. The lyrics. The way it builds, and then explodes, and then dissipates, and then explodes again, and then turns into an audial version of a sunrise. Greatest drumming ever. The guitar solo. The bassline. The weird poem going in the background. Perry Farrell losing his fucking mind and screaming during the solo. The incredible guitar parts that just keep coming and coming; it's almost like watching a movie full of twists - it's very visual and storylike. It's a masterpeice in every sense of the word and it gets no respect whatsoever and that pisses me off. And perhaps the most amzing thing about Three Days is that it's followed by Then She Did... which is almost as good.

Seeing everyone else's picks I almost don't want to pick a U2 song...:uhoh:

I think if I didn't pick TUF then I would either pick Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis because not only is there the original to love, but there's the great many covers to chose from as well, or Love to be Loved by Peter Gabriel...or Games without Frontiers by Peter Gabriel. But honestly the one song I couldn't live without is TUF

Lila64 said:
-John Lennon - Imagine

:up: This is the one for me.

Last week on a day off, I hung around the bookstore and ended up reading a great book of John Lennon quotes. He was so present in the moment, and filled with wisdom and wit. Everything he stood for is amazingly relevant today...maybe even moreso. I actually got choked up after I finished reading it...I guess the magnitude of his loss, and the senselessness of it, just really struck me in that moment.

The world could use an army of John Lennons right about now.

Back
Top Bottom