The "I know more obscure songs than you!" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you shout... said:
"Three Strange Days" by School of Fish has become pretty obscure, as the years have marched by.

Hot damn, I'm glad you mentioned that great song. Years ago, I saw the former frontman for School of Fish, Josh (I think that was his first name, and I think he also used his middle name too. Anyway, dude had 3 names) open up for Tori Amos. The entire crowd was moved by him. So sweet, so much talent. So I signed up for his mailing list... He was real good about keeping in touch with fans. I think a year or so goes by and come to find out he had developed leukemia or something and passed away. It was so so sad. :(

HelloAngel said:

Hot damn, I'm glad you mentioned that great song. Years ago, I saw the former frontman for School of Fish, Josh (I think that was his first name, and I think he also used his middle name too. Anyway, dude had 3 names) open up for Tori Amos. The entire crowd was moved by him. So sweet, so much talent. So I signed up for his mailing list... He was real good about keeping in touch with fans. I think a year or so goes by and come to find out he had developed leukemia or something and passed away. It was so so sad. :(

actually, it was testicular cancer. he was a great loss - school of fish made a couple of great albums, and they helped define my high school years. some of those tunes are completely hotwired to specific memories, will always remain close to me...

U2DMfan said:
Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot anyone?

huh, what's that? :shifty:

Angela Harlem said:
And zoot, I'll YSI you True Tears if you want.

That would be sweet, Ms. Harlem! :sexywink:

I think that was the only hit they had here in the US way back when, so I figured it was pretty obscure! Checked them out on amazon.com today. Man, do I look like a fool now or what?!! :lol:

I record music. I'll bet none of you have even heard it. That's about as fucking obscure as it gets, man.

How bout "Who We R" by Dem Real Nice Boyz? A classic.

MrBrau1 said:

Excellent choice. I'm on my 3rd copy of their self titled album.

Hell yeah. It's a pretty good album and they were a surprisingly talented band when it came to writing effective, lush pop-rock songs. When the news of the death came down the pike, a little while back, I was also saddened.

Seriously, people. "Three Strange Days" is fucking amazing and it's insanely overlooked, just like the band's entire output. They didn't set the world on fire, but they were pretty money all the same. Own up.

Zootlesque said:
Guess what song popped into my head while I was driving back from work...

Shake Your Head (Let's Go To Bed) - Was (Not Was) from 1992.

Can you think of anything as obscure as this one? :nerd:

lol.....Kim Basinger's tour-de-force......

Back
Top Bottom