The "I JUST SAW STAR WARS 3" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
what can I say... amazing... the best of the three, 3rd best with Return Of the Jedi... (Empire = 1, A New Hope = 2)

I almost shouted but I couldn't... as we all saw DARTH VADER being lift up in his chair... I tried to scream or say anything, but I couldn't... that image kept me (us) frost in our seats... you could feel the tension in the room... it was :ohmy:

It could've been better (for me) if Anakin would have smiled at some point... specially in the begining... all the movie he was angry, like --> :angry: , but I lived with that.. because when he was supose to be angry, I totally bought it. (the I HATE YOU part was awesome)

Damn Obi Wan pimple... I couldn't look the guy and not see THAT :angry:

And YODA... YODA just rules... so did Chewie and C3PO, but I wanted him to talk more.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE... AMAZING SPECIAL EFFECTS AND A GOOD STORY... REALLY :yes:

PS: WHAT a brainwasher that Senator... incredible... he stole the movie

:bono: = Bono
:edge: = Edge
:adam: = Adam
:larry: = Larry
:angry: = Anakin

:wink:

Last edited:
Definitely the best one from the prequels, and I like it more than 'A New Hope'. Its true that Ian McDiarmird's Emperor stole the show, he really was too cool. I Loved it when he shrieked out 'Power! Unlimited Power!'

I thought the birth of Darth Vader, as we know him, was a bit of a let down, to be honest. It was all going so well before the 'NOOOOOOOO!' thing. Then again, Lucas has always had a penchant for Sci-fi serials cheese. I just didn't buy his gestures, it was just a bit of Camembert.

At least the love scenes were better, WAY better this time around, the Ford Coppola speech coach seems to have paid off. Even though I do subscribe to the school of thought that the way Lucas went about characterizing Anakin was flawed, I have to say Christensen was a lote more convincing here than in 'Attack', and Natalie Portman is always reliable (even when hampered by fluffy dialogue) and always beautiful. I LOVED the Mace Windu death scene, absolutely adored it. For me, that was the most exhilirating scene in the entire movie. Actually, any scene with the incredibly Ian McDiarmid is absolutely exhilirating, the man pronounces every word like no one else can, and you have to admit what he does with his voice. Very cool.

All in all. two thumbs up.

Ant.

pepokiss said:

Damn Obi Wan pimple... I couldn't look the guy and not see THAT :angry:

Ok, you Ewan basher. It's not a pimple. Geez! Ewan's hot regardless!!! Mole whatever it is. He has it!

Going to see the movie this afternoon, would have loved to go to the midnite showing but I"m a single mom with a 15 month old.

Anthony said:
I thought the birth of Darth Vader, as we know him, was a bit of a let down, to be honest. It was all going so well before the 'NOOOOOOOO!' thing. Then again, Lucas has always had a penchant for Sci-fi serials cheese. I just didn't buy his gestures, it was just a bit of Camembert.

i went to a midnight show last night, and i must say that i totally agree. vader realizing what he'd done and that in spite of it he'd lost padme anyway was dramatic enough. we didn't need the scream. imo, it ruined a great scene.

the only other thing i would change was padme having nothing medically wrong with her and that she had simply "lost the will to live." it just didn't fit for me. she had just given birth to two babies. no mother in any theatre anywhere is gonna buy that one. then she whispers to obi wan, "there...is...still..." still what? chicken in the fridge? laundry in the drier? i'm assuming she was going to say "there is still hope," so then why doesn't she fight to stay alive?

it didn't make any sense.

other than that, it was an incredible film, and it far exceeded my expectations. bravo.

i'll be seeing it again this afternoon. :wink:

A very satisfying film. I caught a 6:00am showing and the theater was mostly full.

The pace of the film is relentless and Lucas crammed so much detail in the 2 1/2 hours. There is plenty of good material on the editing room floor.

A wonderful run that was nicely brought to closure.

May the Force be with you....

bonosgirl84 said:
the only other thing i would change was padme having nothing medically wrong with her and that she had simply "lost the will to live." it just didn't fit for me. she had just given birth to two babies. no mother in any theatre anywhere is gonna buy that one. then she whispers to obi wan, "there...is...still..." still what? chicken in the fridge? laundry in the drier? i'm assuming she was going to say "there is still hope," so then why doesn't she fight to stay alive?

I believe Padme is saying "There is still good in him" to tie into Luke's desire to save Vader in Return of the Jedi.

nbcrusader said:

I believe Padme is saying "There is still good in him" to tie into Luke's desire to save Vader in Return of the Jedi.

haha, you may be right.

i'm actually being corrected as we speak by my very own star wars expert that that's exactly what padme was saying.

my mistake. but it was three in the morning, after all. :wink:

Darn, I posted in the other thread first!!

Anyway, I really liked it. I thought it was as good as the original 3, and it made me hate the other 2 more. Honestly, Lucas could have probably just made this one--who can remember all that crap about Trade Federations and clones?? I can't.

I thought Padme deserved better. I always thought she died to protect her children. Leia remembers her! That was just cheesy. Lucas should have just had her die of injuries inflicted by Anakin, it would have fit the movie.

ok....I went and saw this with a couple of friends, before downloading it :)
Great movie.

To my suprise, at a 9:30 on a Friday, we only had a Half full Theatre.

i saw it last night with my daughter. i thought it was pretty cool.

and there was only myself, daisy, and two others at the most in the theater. i wanted to be in a theater full of fanatics. that would have been cool. i might go see it again someplace else.

Looking forward to seeing it tonight except that I don't really remember what Star Wars is about, it's been so long since I've seen it. :reject:

joyfulgirl said:
Looking forward to seeing it tonight except that I don't really remember what Star Wars is about, it's been so long since I've seen it. :reject:

The movie will be much better if you rewatch the others first. You will lose out on most of the impact if you can't remember the original trilogy.

bsp77 said:

The movie will be much better if you rewatch the others first. You will lose out on most of the impact if you can't remember the original trilogy.

A friend is helping me remember and reading reviews has helped bring it back to me. I couldn't possibly sit through the original trilogy again, though, lol.

bsp77 said:

Also, watch Episode 4 after viewing the movie. There are many links between the movies - very satisfying for the Star Wars fan.

it was soooo great. i loved it. saw it twice. once at midnight then again at 5pm the same day! wow. i almost cried. very moving! I LOVE STAR WARS!!!

I just saw it a second time, this time with my 10-year old son. It was the first time he has seen a Star Wars film in the theater (we have all the DVDs). At the end of the film, I felt like the love of the saga was passed on to a new generation.

nbcrusader said:
This movie really changes the way you look at Darth Vader.

I agree. He is more of a character, and more human, and now I can't watch the older movies without thinking of that handsome young Jedi and why did it have to happen. I also don't think of him in a badass cool way like I used to since he killed the younglings and hurt Padme and betrayed Windew. He's not funny anymore.

Back
Top Bottom