The Hulk!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgeman

Refugee
Has anyone seen this film yet?

I saw it tonight and although it was dialouge heavy, I thought that it was very well done. The way the film looks is spectacular and is a sight to be seen. Something you wouldn't think when watching a "comic book" movie. If you enjoy well made and great looking films, go see this movie now!

What do you think? Discus....good or bad.

I saw it Saturday. I agree with everything you said Edgeman. It ended up being a much smarter movie than the majority of comic book movies. I really enjoyed it, but I'm a big fan of Ang Lee and Eric Bana.

The only comic book movies I've ever seen that I liked more than it are Batman and Xmen 2.

Hulk?

I saw it Saturday too...not bad graphics and pretty like Marvel...I would rate it in between Xmen and Batman:

X2 was pretty neat.

Hulk....computerizing him?

Batman introduced too many new characters...thought the theme was HOT!!!!!! and.....jejejeje...Geo' in black rubber pantz :tongue: ....jejejeje.....sorry.....I forgot myself for a moment...lol.:p

Eric Bana chooses his roles very well. Very versatile actor. Check out Chopper if its available overseas.

I saw the trailer today and it looks kinda good. Its not supposed to be a 'kids' movie is it?

About the hulk being CGI.....I think it was very well done. How else are you going to make the hulk any other way? It would look a lot more fake if they would have used a human painted green.

my favorite part was lou ferrigno cameo... when bruce banner parks his bike and first walks into the lab in the begining of the movie... anyone else catch that? cracked a brotha up

124146__hulk_l.jpg

But did you catch Mr. Marvel himslef.....Stan Lee in the very same scene? He was the old guy who was complaining about security and how it has to be "beefed" up.....funny because he's talking to Lou who's no small guy.

Didn't catch that scene...

I think the marvel of it was the tigger like bouncing...it was quite catching.
I did like the recognition parts how he always knew to take care of Betty though...(girl thing).:flirt:

I believe that was due to subtitle "Sherk went to the gym"
I haven't seen it, still, but the special effects are seen very bad :|

I like Eric Bana but animated Hulk looks like a giant green fake Marshmallow Man, and with Spiderman, Daredevil and X-Men series all coming out in a pretty short period of time I think I'm sated with super-hero movies for now. I think I'll pass on it.

foray said:
I still can't believe Ang Lee went and made Hulk.
foray

ditto.

i hate to say this, as i generally am a big fan of Ang Lee's works, but the movie was extremely disappointing in my opinion! as i've heard it been suggested, i think that that he was--consciously or unsconsciously--trying to mix his signature arthouse style with a script that seeks to be little more than a commercial action movie; i felt the movie pretty much fell flat on both fronts. the thing is, i suspect most people intending to see this movie will be paying to see your fairly typical action-packed summer blockbuster (perhaps stylistically done as a bonus). instead, i guarantee many movie-goers are going to walk out of the theaters having felt rather bogged down by the heavy dialogue and extremely slow moving and unsatisfactory character development that takes place (which, ultimately, doesn't belong in this sort of movie in the first place or at least needs to be expedited in any case).

. . . God only knows what possessed Ang Lee to tackle this film :shrug:

Saracene said:
animated Hulk looks like a giant green fake Marshmallow Man.

:lmao:

though i can't offer any constructive criticism regarding the matter, i must say i thought the movie's physical portrayal of the Hulk really blew!

*side note* let me quickly point out that i didn't think Hulk was an entirely horrible film.....just highly disappointing considering all the hype it generated i suppose. plus, the pairing of Ang Lee with this film.....what in sam hill?!! :huh: :huh:

I just saw it tonite and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Stylistically it was top-notch and I was very happy with the way the characters were developed. It had more depth than probably any of your other summer movies. As far as the FX go, I thought they were credible. The Hulk is a comic book character and would be impossible to generate as a human.

I generally do not go for action flicks and I don't like comic book movies (didn't think Xmen was all that and a bag of chips either, although Hugh Jackman definitely was worth the price of admission). So I was surprised to find that I actually enjoyed and would definitely recommend Hulk. :up:

Back
Top Bottom