The Hold Steady - Seperation Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
damn, has nobody listened to this yet.
I was just listening to it and thinking I should make a thread on it and then I came here and saw I had a thread, but nobody listened to me

I have a new favorite song, Cattle and the Creeping Things

if it doesn't make you want to put your "rock" face on, nothing will

http://www.theholdsteady.com/

I've got this cd. It's fantastic! Some folks might have trouble getting past Craig Finn's voice and delivery, but the lyrics are great and the band plays with enthusiasm.

i heard "little hoodrat friend" on sirius left of center and thought it was pretty sweet, and i crack up every time i think of the girl giving herself tatoos that read "Jesus lived and died for all your sins" with a sharpened guitar string:laugh:

I heard "Little Hoodrat Friend" thanks to eachnotesecure and was really happy with it. I'm surprised they're so obscure; when did their first album come out?

they are from Minneapolis. I had no friggin clue.

In "Little Hoodrat Friend" they sing of "City Center" ...... Minneapolis :up: I have heard a lot of MPLS references.

They were pretty good at Intonation. A lot of energy.

And they just played Conan.

They will also be on Carson Daily sometime this week.

OK...I just realized (reading the website) that Finn was in LifterPuller...a fucking AWESOME local (legendary) MPLS band. I saw one of those "That Guy" persons this weekend wearing a LFTRPLLR shirts and thought "Cool" - now it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom