The: Hives, Strokes, Doves, Vines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
...never heard any of 'em.

I feel old.

I love this smiley:yell:

O to tha motherfuckin' Y
(It is Friday)

omc. bc just said the same thing in io. you two need to get with the program. :dance:

____
:wave: are you two the same person?

Shame on you. Strokes, man.

The Vines are kinda scary.

But Strokes.......... Nick Valensi + Mona = :heart:

Screaming Flower said:
omc. bc just said the same thing in io. you two need to get with the program. :dance:

Sure...now the whole world outside of IO knows how out of it I am!!!! :uhoh: :eek:

I could care less for any of these bands

And dont you dare put me in any reject box.

All these new bands make me :coocoo: enough to :banghead:

_____
:wave: the ow head smilie should have a mad look on his face

Re: The Vines ARE scary...

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Also:

Julian Casablancas + Gina = :heart:

We can be inlaws.

Seriously, The Strokes rock, as do Doves. Check 'em out. :up:

:laugh:

When the Vines guy gets shocked by lightning :huh: .....

Hives are OK

The combined screeching/screamin of Pelle and the Vines singer....gets to be too much fer me. I like the Hives' suits though....

My money's on the Strokes. Loveth them. And their clothes.... :love:

Anything would be better than the rapmetal crap though

MonaVox said:
The combined screeching/screamin of Pelle and the Vines singer....gets to be too much fer me. I like the Hives' suits though....

i :heart: pelle. i want to have little swedish pelle babies. i would dress them all in little pelle suits.

i would not recommend looking up hives on google.

HHSC BUY THEM NOW. I JUST DID!! :drool:

ahem...

01_the-hives.jpg

my boyfriend is the one in the suit. :heart:

being old is okay...I'm old

Strokes are okay...a bit gimmicky (IMO) An upbeat sound.

Doves are good, but I'm :mad: at them because they cancelled their appearance here to be on Letterman instead. So if you want to see them, they should be on Letterman on Friday Sept. 6th. They'd better reschedule their show here.
end rant

Elbow is also good, but a bit more moody than Doves.

That's all I know...because I'm old. :slant:

you're young at heart auntie lemon!

Lemon Meringue said:
Strokes are okay...a bit gimmicky (IMO) An upbeat sound.

Doves are good, but I'm :mad: at them because they cancelled their appearance here to be on Letterman instead. So if you want to see them, they should be on Letterman on Friday Sept. 6th. They'd better reschedule their show here.
end rant

Elbow is also good, but a bit more moody than Doves.

That's all I know...because I'm old. :slant:

i got an idear. you'se all drive to chicago that saturday (the 13th). tis a $7 show and i'll beat you all if you don't go.

-end transmission-

Re: being old is okay...I'm old

Doves are by far the best of all these bands. They are NOTHING like the Hives, Strokes, or Vines.

someone tell me..

whats with the flopsy hair dos?
i went to BRMC recently and they also go for the flopsy tops, and so did half the audience.
it is intriguing to say the least.

ouizy, u are not old, they are just a new stream of bands comign through whom are trying to save rocknroll. some of them are doing good.
the vines are from not only australia and sydney, but my actual neighbourhood.

doves and elbow i like. black rebel motorcycle club, now they know how to rock, baby!

:yell: this is my fave smilie, u cant have it.

The Vines are much heavier than I thought, I recently downloaded their album and got quite a pleasant surprise, I expected them to be a carbon copy of The Strokes, who are, I guess 'ok' is the word, nothing overly exciting, they have a few cool tunes... The Hives are more catchy than The Vines, and still hard-rocking... The White Stripes are ok too, very simply but effective rock n' roll

Oh The Hives! I'm seeing them in concert on Wednesday. They are an AMAZING live band. Just absolutely nuts and crazy and so much fun. I would totally recommend their album and seeing them live.

Cowgirl-- I just got the BRMC CD. They're good live?

As for the other bands, I have to start listening to Doves, I know. I'm not a big fan of The Vines or The Strokes.

BTW, Larry is one of the judges for the Short List of Music. He recommended the Hives' and Doves' albums.

Hmm, i heard a few song from the Strokes and the Doves.

Strokes :heart:i love what i heard so far (Last nite, Someday and a 3rd one) Julian Casablancas is cute IMO.

Doves are interesting too.

Hives? Vines? Dunno squat about them, sorry.

I like them all, except I haven't heard much of the Vines yet.

I wish stupid NME would stop hyping them all up to the heavens. I remember how I bought Strokes' album and was kinda 'blah' about it because no matter how hard you try, you still have some expectations after reading all that slobbering praise. Then some time later, I listened to it again, and, removed from the hype, it turned out to be a bloody great, fun record.

Back
Top Bottom