the Hives(do they rock or what)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
hate to say i told you so...rocking song, looks like i have a new fave band.
do you like them.can they be the next best(big) band.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

seen tehm live on sunday....didnt tink they were great before but they are AMAZING LIVE!!!!!
biggrin.gif
but muse r waaay better

Originally posted by bono-vox:
seen tehm live on sunday....didnt tink they were great before but they are AMAZING LIVE!!!!!
biggrin.gif
but muse r waaay better

Did Muse throw guitars into the audience?

Muse better than the Hives? Don't think so!
Muse = radiohead wannabees.
The Hives are a great band... one of Sweden's finest.

Originally posted by mug222:
The Hives are great (As are the white stripes and the dirtbombs in the same vein.)

Muse, as U2freak said, are just terrible. I can't stand them, and have trouble seeing how anyone can.

i like the hives, bt the white stripes are purely awful aside from 'fell in love with a girl'

Originally posted by 404 Not Found:

i like the hives, bt the white stripes are purely awful aside from 'fell in love with a girl'

"fell in love..." is not even one of the best 5 songs on white blood cells (hotel yorba, offend in every way, same boy you've always known etc. etc.)De stijl is also very good.

Not that it should influence your opinion, but Bono loves them also, and is seeing them when they come to Ireland this week. it's incredible what they can do with 2 instruments and no bassist. some of U2's newest stuff has similar qualities to the white stripes's music, with a fuller sound.

I find it hard to get into music that has no bass in it.

They are coming to LA soon and was interested until I heard there was no bass!!

Originally posted by ignoreland:
"fell in love..." is not even one of the best 5 songs on white blood cells (hotel yorba, offend in every way, same boy you've always known etc. etc.)De stijl is also very good.

Not that it should influence your opinion, but Bono loves them also, and is seeing them when they come to Ireland this week. it's incredible what they can do with 2 instruments and no bassist. some of U2's newest stuff has similar qualities to the white stripes's music, with a fuller sound.

I love WS. I wish I'd seen them when they were in town! Their cover of "Jolene" is great, and I've heard they put on an amazing live show.

i also want to go to the hives gig when they come to la any one want to get together or something.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

The Hives are great (As are the white stripes and the dirtbombs in the same vein.)

Muse, as U2freak said, are just terrible. I can't stand them, and have trouble seeing how anyone can.

Back
Top Bottom