The Hindu Times... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2002, 11:02 AM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:32 PM
I didn't like "Forces of Nature" as much... Sure a good melody but they needed to work on the lyrics a little more (which tends to be an issue with the boyz on some songs)... too much electronic sprinkle, but I'll wait and see if its better. Now I'm getting hyped. I sort of wonder if Bono has influenced some of Noel G.'s song writing b/c the last two studio albums, although good were starting to suffer a little in terms of lyrical themes... "Hindu Times" sounds like old Oasis lyrically but its sort of the intro song or the hook to get people into buying the album and not be afraid that Oasis went Radiohead and got rid of their sound completely...

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Old 03-15-2002, 11:13 AM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 04:32 AM
if you want to get an idea of the direction the sound is taking I have some demos from sotsog that are going to be reworked and put on the new record... you may have heard them

solve my mystery and its a crime
if you want to get your hands on them I'd be glad to supply you
cheers mate

Old 03-15-2002, 11:16 AM   #18
The Fly

btw I might add that the new tunes are sounding ever more like classic oasis sprinkled with a harder edge rock style.. most impressive stuff I've heeard since whats the story(morning glory)

I'm sure this new album will be a hit
richard ashcroft has gone as far as saying that this album will put oasis back on top of the rock industry, where they rightly belong
Old 03-15-2002, 11:36 AM   #19
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:32 PM
Yeah Ashcroft saying that does help even though they are good buddies and such... I'll probably read the usual NME, Q, etc. pre-review hoopla to also get an idea of what the album is going to be like.

I'm interested about Gem and Bell's input and would like to hear their "famed" guitar work on display in this album. I find it funny that Bell is considered the better guitarist of the two and is the bassist, LOL. Sort of like REM with Mills being the better player then Buck.

Thanks Gcat. Yeah I've heard "Solve My Mystery"... even got it on my hard drive. Nice song and I love the Let it Be-esque solo. I wouldn't mind seeing what they do with that song too. I think the lyrics are pretty strong just need to be tweaked mebbe (my subjective opinion).

I stopped thinking about getting the rest of the demos b/c they are just demos and I do want to be surprised a little more when I get the album. For example, I think listening to the Weezer demos for their new album has spoiled some of the experience of gettng their new album. Don't want to do that to Oasis. Heck, I'm thinking the next time U2 puts an album out, I might avoid listening to any of the tracks that are leaked (a big "maybe" for me). I think I found more excitement listening to it on the computer through the leaked songs then shelling out the money and listening to the album. Sad but true. Don't want ot experience that.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC
Old 03-15-2002, 04:01 PM   #20
Acrobat

I think the new Oasis single is rather weak.
Seems like they can't write great songs like Wonderwall etc. anymore. I'm disappointed
Old 03-15-2002, 05:02 PM   #21
The Fly

well thats ur opinion mate.. good enough for me
but hindu times was not drafted to be the hit single, rather the attention grabber, the hook if you will

Old 03-16-2002, 02:59 PM   #22
The Fly

Hm, let's wait. Hindu Times is OK. I hope the album will rawk like DM and WTSMG. SOTSOG was pretty disappointing.

------------------
Take the money and run
Old 03-16-2002, 05:21 PM   #23
The Fly

agreed sotog was rather week.. but it did have a couple of good tunes
Old 03-16-2002, 06:25 PM   #24
The Fly

fair enough mate.. move it

ya so... lets hear from the oasis fans!! pledge ur support lads and lassies