The Hills Have Eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
I actually went out on a date w/ Mrs Numb on Saturday and we saw The Hills Have Eyes. I don't want to give away too much because some of you might see it.

My basic review is:

It is what it is.

If you're looking for a great script, this isn't for you. If you're looking for top notch acting, this isn't for you.

But, if you enjoy great makeup and lots of gore, then run out to see this one.

It's entertaining and creepy, but not as good as I thought it was going to be.

In the horror film genre, I give it 6.5 out of 10.

Numb1075 said:
if you enjoy great makeup and lots of gore, then run out to see this one.

It's entertaining and creepy

Sounds good to me! I really want to see this.

I have no idea why I like this type of movie so much, since I'm such a wuss. :lol: :reject:

I saw the original and didn't care for it at all. Actually fell asleep during it. Willing to see the remake though. Hated the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" but LOVED the new one! So maybe I will enjoy this movie the 2nd time around.

Numb1075 said:
I didn't know there was an original....

1977 or so.

B00009V7QM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V58562030_.jpg

Good info mr Brau......thanks.

They've come a long way w/ make up and special effects since 1977.

Slapnutz said:
Wait to The Descent comes your way. The best British horror since Wicker Man.

The Wicker Man. I've heard alot about this one, and want to see it.

But wait, Hollywood is making a remake as we speak! Serious. Nick Cage plays the lead.

It's the 70's all over again.

MrBrau1 said:

The Wicker Man. I've heard alot about this one, and want to see it.

But wait, Hollywood is making a remake as we speak! Serious. Nick Cage plays the lead.

It's the 70's all over again.
I can actually see Nic Cage in the lead role but they'll never find anyone who can surpass Christopher Lee's supporting role.

BonosBaby12 said:
You know I thought that "When A Stranger Calls" had been done before!

ROFLMAO@the double post.....lol.

As for THHE......I read the entire plot on a spoilers website and this is one movie I DEFO have to see....heehee.

I saw "The Hills Have Eyes" and I loved it. The Gore The Gore :drool: kidding. But I am buying it on DVD when it comes out.

Sly Stallone said:

The new texas is ok, but :ohmy: that you hated the original.

I just wasn't impressed with the original. My brother's kept saying it was so scary. But when I went to watch it I was like that's it? Was really disappointed since I love horror movies. As for the new one ok that scared the hell out of me the 1st time! lol.

As for the double post I didn't even realize it had done that! :lol:

Just saw it (finally).

I guess I was too hyped up. This would be a difficult task, but if they kept up the intensity of that first siege on the trailer throughout the remainder of the film, I would have liked it a lot more.

SPOILERS

Very brutal though, very graphic, and I definitely liked that. The gore was great. I would have liked to have actually seen Big Brain get eaten, but I suppose it's okay to leave a little to the imagination when the rest of the film did anything but. I actually really like the fact that Aja actually shows the acts rather than implying them (i.e. the shotgun suicide). As cool as I thought seeing the guy's head get blown open was, I was still infinitely disturbed by the rape scene. I think it's really strange that I can stomach horrific violence, but seeing the rape just made me feel completely dirty. This also applies, to a lesser extent, to the mutant suckling at the one broad's teat.

/SPOILERS

I liked it on the whole though. Definitely better than most of the other shit that's coming out in the genre. Sliter? What the fuck? And we've got yet another PG-13 internet related one coming up in a couple weeks.

Now I just have to wait for Silent Hill. :drool:

MrBrau1 said:
And this summer we get the "remake" of this 1976 classic:

B00004TS0G.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That movie, to this day, still freaks me out. Especially when David Warner's character is decapitated by the plate of glass. Good God, I don't want to know how it'll look nowadays.

Atleast Julia Stiles and Liev Shrieber play the leads, I like them both :up:

Saw this today finally...I really enjoyed it! :yes: I rented Hostel also and was glad I saved this movie for after, since Hostel ended up sucking so badly. :|

Bonochick said:
Saw this today finally...I really enjoyed it! :yes: I rented Hostel also and was glad I saved this movie for after, since Hostel ended up sucking so badly. :|

Hostel sucked.

Wait....I take that back....I really enjoyed Hostel once I figured out what was going on (The exessive T&A didn't hurt either).

It is Wolf Creek that I did not enjoy and actually fell asleep watching it.

Back
Top Bottom