The Haunted Swing - Halloween Prank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good call, i just saw that as well... this seems to have just hit the international press in the last 24-48 hours, so i'm sure there will be more of these "explanation vids" coming out...

i'm familiar with the concept of resonance in general, it just seems VERY unlikely to me that one swing could be affected to such a degree while the other two are completely unaffected.

in addition, this explanation does not explain the fact that the clothes, hair etc of the 50+ people in the first video seem to show slight to no signs of being wind-blown while the swing is going nuts.

Anybody else think the video has been edited?

At 30 seconds you can see what appears to be foot prints.

Me thinks the video has been messed with, and someone was giving a good push to the swing.

If there are ghosts...I want the girl ghost from Ghostbusters that comes into Ray's bedroom and unzips his pants and....and....

Yeah. That would be a sweet ghost.

skeptical-cat-is-fraught-with-skepticism.jpg

Sure. Next thing, the ghost of that poor British girl that got kidnapped in Argentina will be seen haunting it.

The footprints around the 30 second mark are VERY obvious...

major_panic said:

The footprints around the 30 second mark are VERY obvious...

meaning..?

..they got someone to do a phenomenal editing job on it?

it would be very difficult to edit a swinging child out of that video, if that's what you're implying, and the swing doesn't appear to be bearing any significant weight either.

BEAL said:
Anybody else think the video has been edited?

At 30 seconds you can see what appears to be foot prints.

Me thinks the video has been messed with, and someone was giving a good push to the swing.

:hi5:

it looked as if someone ran across...

Last edited:
has anyone with this opinion ever done any video editing?

with the people moving in the background, the way the swing moves as if it's not bearing any weight, the way the camera pans around the swing set, and the shadows in the sand below, this would take some VERY sophisticated and talented editing.

not that it couldn't be done, but the time and energy and probable cost make it seem very unlikely to me.

Back
Top Bottom