The Gut, Doubtful Sound, Fiordland, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Renato, how's it going?

Not too well, really. I've been struggling with a decision I have to make career-wise and it turns out I may have to make it today or Monday at the latest....

Not too well, really. I've been struggling with a decision I have to make career-wise and it turns out I may have to make it today or Monday at the latest....

That's pretty scary. All the best. Is this about the possible US move?

That's pretty scary. All the best. Is this about the possible US move?

Yeah - actually the problem is that I received only informal confirmation about the US, but not formal, and was offered a position in Africa which I need to reply to very very soon.... I haven't been able to sleep too well thinking about it.

Yeah - actually the problem is that I received only informal confirmation about the US, but not formal, and was offered a position in Africa which I need to reply to very very soon.... I haven't been able to sleep too well thinking about it.

That must be pretty stressful. Africa, though? That could be pretty exciting.

That must be pretty stressful. Africa, though? That could be pretty exciting.

Yeah, Kinshasa. It's a one-year thing, while US would be a permanent one, thus my preference for going there.

I realise Congo's a huge bloody place, but I can't say I'd exactly be leaping at living anywhere there either ...

I realise Congo's a huge bloody place, but I can't say I'd exactly be leaping at living anywhere there either ...

I've always wanted to do peacekeeping, so it'd be cool. As far as I know Kinshasa is pretty safe, but yeah, my wife is NOT relaxed about it.

edit: just realized I forgot a NOT in the sentence there.

I've always wanted to do peacekeeping, so it'd be cool. As far as I know Kinshasa is pretty safe, but yeah, my wife is NOT relaxed about it.

edit: just realized I forgot a NOT in the sentence there.

Haha, she might be using some veto power on this? :wink:

PS Somebody make the new thread.

Haha, she might be using some veto power on this? :wink:

PS Somebody make the new thread.

Haha, she should! We'll see, hopefully I'll get the answer from the US today and things will sort themselves out.

I'm clueless for a new thread - where's the master list of locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom