the gretz by someone other than Michael G.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
hockeys great one is somewhat quietly transforming himself into a champion of canadian sport. the disappointment of canadian hockey in nagano drove him to build a winner in salt lake. he is on board for 06 as well and now he has played a highly visible role in vancouver's succesful bid for the 2010 games.

i think gretzky has a unique opportunity to build upon his legend with a long list of olympic hockey succeses and possibly his national team management will one day rival or usurp legacy of a player.

Hahaha, best. Title. Ever. :up:

I can go with that. Has the NHL even committed to playing in Turin?

as far as i know it is widely believed they will.

*edited because im an idiot

Last edited:
Very funny! Yes, I could see him going down the Olympic road even further. But the guy doesn't even live in Canada anymore! It was his choice to move to LA back in '88, and obviously the U.S. is home for him now. I think he's Canadian in perhaps more of a nostalgic sense at this point, but it's nice that he still supports Canadian endevours in such a big way. He has never forgotten where he comes from.

BTW, anyone catch his presentation last night (1 AM Pacific time, lol)? He was the most nervous I've EVER seen him! It was odd to see, actually. I thought he was going to choke, to be honest. Thank God he made it!

kobayashi said:
as far as i know it is widely believed they will.

*edited because im an idiot

Haha,

it's ok... I can read Canadian as well as jibberish.

:sexywink:

I didn't see Gretz's presentation, but I did watch the Brian Williams hosted CBC special on Vancouver's Bid.

Not bad.

:up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom