The Greatest Song Ever? Should I Stay or Should I Go Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is Should I Stay or Should I Go Now the greatest song ever?

• yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • yes

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
I am a BIG Clash fan (what is there NOT to like indeed) but i have never been a huge fan of that particular song. It doesnt have the same BITE that most of there stuff does.......

Its a good song but I dont even think its The Clash's best song that alone the best song of all time.

Its sort of a cross between pop and punk in a way. I think the best "poppier" song they did was "Train In Vain".

Black Dog = Zeppelin's best song
Zeppelin = best rock band

So Black Dog is the greatest RAWK song ever.

Now, if we were to bring the Beatles into this... :hmm:

LemonMelon said:
Black Dog = Zeppelin's best song
Zeppelin = best rock band

So Black Dog is the greatest RAWK song ever.

Now, if we were to bring the Beatles into this... :hmm:

Strawberry Fieeeeeeelds

Where nothing is reaaaaaaaal.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Strawberry Fieeeeeeelds

Where nothing is reaaaaaaaal.

Yeah, pretty much.

Strawberry Fields = Best Beatles song
Beatles = Best band ever, period.

You do the math. I'll just stand here and drool for a while. :drool:

Snow (Hey Oh) was the greatest song ever created before it was even done being recorded.

Canadiens1160 said:
Snow (Hey Oh) was the greatest song ever created before it was even done being recorded.

I can take or leave most RHCP songs but that 1 makes me want to chuck up, its drivel.

BTW Should I stay... great song, but not the best by the Clash, that would be, either White Riot, or London calling

KhanadaRhodes said:
since the song isn't even titled "should i stay or should i go now" i'm gonna vote no.

houseoohbymandasmal.jpg

Ok so what are the rules? Are all bands fair game (U2, beatles, radiohead)

I think the best song ever is WOWY but if you exclude U2 then

I would say that Come Together- Beatles is the best but excluding them I wouldn't know who to pick

The best Clash song isn't the one the topic was started with. It is definately London Calling

Other great songs from the 80's

Once in a lifetime-talking heads

You might think-the cars

Need you tonight-INXS

and even though it was released in 1990

Enjoy the Silence-Depeche Mode

I like Should I Stay or Should I Go. I find it a really good song. I do agree that London Calling is a much better Clash song in the end.

LemonMelon, I agree that Led Zeppelin is the best rock band ever, and the Beatles are the best band ever, followed by U2. :wink: In fact, I'm wearing a Zeppelin shirt now! :happy:

And Snow (Hey, Oh) is a good song, but I agree thats its definitley not their best, and that its a song that many people will obviously not like, because its not too great. Especially when they played it at the Grammys. They really sucked that night :lol:

Back
Top Bottom