The Greatest Movie Ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the words "kevin bacon" and "mindlessly violent revenge fantasy" and "saw" are like music to my ears. :love:

I saw this trailer for Sunshine and the audio didn't change from the pre-show muzak.

So it was this trailer set to Train or Sarah McLachlan or something. High comedy.

I saw the poster for this film in the lobby of the theater I saw Sunshine in.

I said "Kevin Bacon? Writer of Death Wish? Bloody baseball bat? Fuck yes, I'm totally in."

Then I saw the trailer. Twice. (inept projectionist)

I'm not seeing this movie.

Lancemc said:
I saw the poster for this film in the lobby of the theater I saw Sunshine in.

I said "Kevin Bacon? Writer of Death Wish? Bloody baseball bat? Fuck yes, I'm totally in."

Then I saw the trailer. Twice. (inept projectionist)

I'm not seeing this movie.

What was the last Oscar winner for "Picture of the Year" that you didn't see?

I know this is not what the discussion is about, but I had to mention it: the greatest film ever is Jean-Luc Godard's "Le Mépris", or "Contempt".

Go watch.

By the way, that Death Sentence movie looks utter crap. There, I said it.

Last edited:
Dalton said:

What was the last Oscar winner for "Picture of the Year" that you didn't see?

Return of the King.

Apparently the Academy saw a completely different movie than I did. The Return of the King I saw was cluttered, overstuffed crapfest.

Dalton said:

:lmao: but, I asked what the last one you did NOT see ...

You realize I think this movie looks like shit, right?

Which is why I so-very-cleverly make the humorous reply stating I obviously must NOT have seen The Return of the King. As since The Return of the King won 1359 Oscars, it must have been awesome. Apparently what I saw therefore must have been mistakenly titled as such.

And yes, I think it's pretty obvious that nobody in their right mind would actually think this looks good.

Here's a question for you: what was the last good movie Kevin Bacon was in?

Was it footloose?

And I swear to God, if you type one negative thing about Footloose - I will have to cut you. All he wanted to do was dance! Let the man live!

Footloose kicks azz.

And Mystic River didn't entirely suck all the hair off my nuts. So maybe that counts as well.

Mystic River??

Kevin Bacon teaching Chris Penn how to dance is one of the best '80s montage scenes ever, other than the "Clean Up the Frat House" montage from Revenge of the Nerds

Yup, any movie where Mr. Keaton from Family Ties is a militant fanatic married to Reba McIntyre is a winner in my book.

Graboids are like the cowbell, there can never be enough.

Dalton said:
Oooooo I forgot about Mystic River!!!

I never miss an opportunity to watch Sean Penn over act.

I'm pretty sure Sean Penn's method acting involves meditating on the fact that most people in this country remember him for Fast Times At Ridgmont High before anything else he's done. It gives him the anger and passion he needs to a shitty actor with feeeeeling.

Either that's a very bad joke or a genuine question, I'm not sure which. :|

Dalton said:
Speaking of Family Ties, I can't believe we haven't seen more Michael J Fox in recent movies.

Boy did he ever fall off the map ...

*boom tish*

I hear Fox always puts on a face-mask before opening a can of soda

Dalton said:

Actually it was a comment made to me a few months ago at a bar. I shit you not.

Wowzers. :huh:

Marty McFly is still my favorite film character of all-time.

I enjoyed Part II as a kid, but rewatching it again it really is terrible. Biff all of a sudden becomes some sort of insane rapist murderer? The alternate angle of the day in 1955 is a cool idea though. Part III is enjoyable, it's impossible to top the original though.

Now back to sequelitis:

Back-to-back sequels never work. Here's the breakdown:

Back to the Futures Part II and III
Pirates 2 and 3
The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions

edit: I forgot which thread I was in. :crazy:

Even the Enter the Matrix game, which could've been 150 shades of amazing, was absolutely terrible.

The Pirates sequels were almost as terrible as the Matrix sequels though, but still made a shitload of money because every woman in the world goes horny for Johnny Depp. It's a proven fact.

LemonMacPhisto said:

The Pirates sequels were almost as terrible as the Matrix sequels though, but still made a shitload of money because every woman in the world goes horny for Johnny Depp. It's a proven fact.

To be fair I noticed quite a few men join with me to will the camera to pan up so I could see up Kiera's skirt in part three.

It never did ... it never did ... :(

I think one's enjoyment of the Matrix sequels happens to depend almost purely on whether or not any given individual likes the turns the storyline takes in The Matrix Reloaded. Because if you appreciate the several new plot points raised in that film, I really think the rest of the movie, as well as most of Revolutions falls neatly into place, and just clicks.

However, if you don't like where the story goes in the second installment, I can totally understand hating the films.

Back
Top Bottom