The Great White North - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #136
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Speaking of Tim Horton's, am I the only one who thinks the new breakfast sandwiches are REVOLTING? Maybe it's just because I've only tried the sausage one...I'm scared to try the bacon.
Never had one before. I'm a little too scared to try. They don't look all that appetizing to me on the commercials.
__________________

__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 11-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 12:34 PM
Oh, and since it's nearly winter...



My mother digging out the van. I think this was taken two or three years ago.




Me digging out a pathway for the dog in the back garden. The snow was at about almost twice her height. The aftermath from the same blizzard in the photo above.




My favourite winter past-time! Playing hockey REALLY BADLY! This was taken two years ago. I still can't skate after five years of trying, but Newfoundland will make a Canadian out of me one of these days.




More skating. I look like I'm trying not to fall over, which is what usually happens.




The town where my parents live after a mild snowfall. Note: mild.


I can't wait! [/sarcasm]


Those pictures of Gros Morne are beautiful, AOD. I've only seen the place in winter. Definitely need to see it during summer.
__________________

__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 11-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #138
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB


Never had one before. I'm a little too scared to try. They don't look all that appetizing to me on the commercials.
They're not good at all. I thought they'd be something like the McDonald's McMuffins. But they use a bloody tea biscuit instead of an English muffin. I almost gagged right there in the Tim Horton's when I took my first bite.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 11-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #139
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Another Tim Horton's piece of info - if I go there around midnight-ish and order a box of 20 Timbits, they fill the box up till it's bulging! They must stuff about 50 Timbits in it! I'm sure they're trying to get rid of them before they get their next batch in, but they're not all stale, they're still fresh! The other night, we pushed the envelope and got two cookies as well. Lo and behold, there were four cookies in the bag! It's like we hit paydirt!

I'm almost feeling a little guilty about this. I never want Timbits at any other time of the day, I only stop in for late night Timbit booty calls because I know I'll get extra. I feel like I'm taking advantage of their Timbit kindness. And now there's the added temptation of extra cookies.

Does this extra food phenomenon occur at other Timmys, or is it unique at just the store closest to me?


Btw, we had a high of 2C here today, but by Friday it's supposed to be up to 13C.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 11-20-2006, 07:26 PM   #140
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 10:34 AM
gah, the tim hortons around here is always void of any food by the time i get there after my hockey games. that's often around midnight or so.

pathetic really. why be open all night if you're not gonna have food?

i love canada.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 11-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 01:04 PM
I laugh and shake my head when I see the DT lineups at Tims for coffee. 15-20 cars lined up around the building waiting for a double-double.
__________________
trevster2k is offline  
Old 11-20-2006, 08:21 PM   #142
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
I laugh and shake my head when I see the DT lineups at Tims for coffee. 15-20 cars lined up around the building waiting for a double-double.
The funniest thing is that there's usually never anyone IN the place. So you can pop in, get a cup of coffee, leave, and the drive-thru queue still hasn't moved one centimetre. Are people so lazy that they can't even get out of their cars for a minute?
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 12:32 AM   #143
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 11:34 AM
I love seeing that, especially when I'm on foot!

I haven't tried a TH breakfast sandwich, and although my aunt and uncle insist that they're good, I'm a little bit sketched out on Tim Hortons' meat.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 01:03 AM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 01:04 PM
Anyone else had to shovel snow off their roof yet?

First time of the year today. I figure at least two more times before the end of winter.
__________________
trevster2k is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 01:05 AM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


The funniest thing is that there's usually never anyone IN the place. So you can pop in, get a cup of coffee, leave, and the drive-thru queue still hasn't moved one centimetre. Are people so lazy that they can't even get out of their cars for a minute?
But to go off on a tangent, I am awaiting the day when there is a private member's bill suggesting the banning of Drive-Thrus as one method of limiting the contribution of greenhouse gases to the environment. There are a lot of idling cars sitting in lineups every day.
__________________
trevster2k is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #146
fah
Blue Crack Addict
 
fah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In my house with the rest of fahs
Posts: 20,147
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
Another Tim Horton's piece of info - if I go there around midnight-ish and order a box of 20 Timbits, they fill the box up till it's bulging! They must stuff about 50 Timbits in it! I'm sure they're trying to get rid of them before they get their next batch in, but they're not all stale, they're still fresh! The other night, we pushed the envelope and got two cookies as well. Lo and behold, there were four cookies in the bag! It's like we hit paydirt!

I'm almost feeling a little guilty about this. I never want Timbits at any other time of the day, I only stop in for late night Timbit booty calls because I know I'll get extra. I feel like I'm taking advantage of their Timbit kindness. And now there's the added temptation of extra cookies.

Does this extra food phenomenon occur at other Timmys, or is it unique at just the store closest to me?


Btw, we had a high of 2C here today, but by Friday it's supposed to be up to 13C.
My local Tims does that too

It wont stop raining here

I'm tired of having to boil my tap water then there is sooooooooooo much of it falling from the sky
__________________
fah is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Oh yeah, BC's under a boil water order. I heard that on the CBC the other day.

What for?
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #148
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Oh yeah, BC's under a boil water order. I heard that on the CBC the other day.

What for?
We had a horrible storm last Wednesday, and that caused all sorts of lovely things to get into our water. It sounds pretty disgusting. From what I know, the water should be fine in all areas by the end of the week.

The advisory for my area has been lifted, but it totally sucks for all those who still have to boil the water. I went out for dinner downtown on Sunday night, and they poured water into our glasses from bottles. That was a funny sight coming from a fancy restaurant!
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 11-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


Ha, that's great. Would have made a great photo.

Speaking of Tim Horton's, am I the only one who thinks the new breakfast sandwiches are REVOLTING? Maybe it's just because I've only tried the sausage one...I'm scared to try the bacon.
Hmm never tried it before. I stick to the great coffee and the doughnuts.

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

Oh my that's , but bend the knees, bend the knees! Low centre of gravity FTW.



Can't wait until the city of Montreal puts up the local park ice rinks for the season and my friends and I can go have a whack at it every Saturday morning.
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 11-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Oh yeah, BC's under a boil water order. I heard that on the CBC the other day.

What for?
At one point, approximately 2 million people were under the advisory. Pretty unprecedented for an industrial country which supposedly has a plethora of clean water.

There were mudslides and large amounts of sediment which fell into the reservoirs for the region. This raised the turbidity level of the reservoirs. It is normally below 5 but the storm raised it up to as high as 80. The water is not filtered into the system so they could not remove the sediment from the water.

Canada is not very good at providing clean water or disposing of it either despite what we think. We have a lot of work to do.
__________________

__________________
trevster2k is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com