The Great Interland Oscar Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know if this is true or not, I read it on HuffPo and it's from the Fox web site

Eddie Murphy Loses Oscar, Bolts From Show

Eddie Murphy did not like losing the Academy Award for best supporting actor to Alan Arkin last night. He split the show — exit stage left! — as soon as Arkin’s name was announced.

Murphy didn’t stay to see Jennifer Hudson win best supporting actress in "Dreamgirls" or his fellow castmates Hudson, Beyonce, Keith Robinson and Anika Noni Rose perform the show’s nominated songs in a stellar staging by "Dreamgirls" director/writer Bill Condon, who wasn't an Oscar nominee.

That may have been the problem with "Dreamgirls" all along, as I’ve suggested before. Much as the movie depends on a song called “We Are a Family,” the cast could not be marketed that way.

From the beginning, Murphy acted as a loner. He was the lone holdout at the Cannes Film Festival last year when 20 minutes of the movie was shown to distributors and press.

katie_holmes.jpg

Everything Tom Cruise does is for show. They don't look like a genuine couple at all, it's like he's presenting her for everyone to admire. Katie looks really dazed, almost like she's had the life sucked out of her. I don't know what it is about these two, but they give me a serious icky vibe.

On a lighter note, Reese Witherspoon's dress was beautiful :up:

& Leo is gorgeous now that he no longer looks like a 12 year old.

Last edited:
I actually kind of like Katie's dress. It would be better in a brighter color, but it's still pretty.

:applaud: :dancing: :applaud: for Helen!!!

:love: sooo over the moon for one of our most fab actresess&she looked fantastic! :drool:

corianderstem said:
I actually kind of like Katie's dress. It would be better in a brighter color, but it's still pretty.

The color just blends into her skin color. Any other color might have been an improvement.

As for Eddie Murphy... I can't believe he would just bolt from the ceremony. Seems very unprofessional of him, and the fact that he did (if he did) stands out even more. Can you say sore loser? :tsk:

people.com says that Eddie planned to leave all along at that time to spend time with his family, and that he did the same thing at the Golden Globes when he won. But let's face it, if people don't know that it just looks bad. But I don't think Eddie worries about how things like that look.

It's the Academy Awards! You don't leave! Leave after the event and skip the parties, but not during. Not even there to support the movie or his cast members. In previous years, the supporting actor is one of the first awards. Sucks for him that he had to sit thru an hour or two or three, huh? :tsk: :huh:

Lila64 said:
It's the Academy Awards! You don't leave! Leave after the event and skip the parties, but not during. Not even there to support the movie or his cast members

I agree, but obviously Eddie doesn't. Maybe that attitude is one reason he didn't win (fair or not, it's about more than the actual performance sometimes), if you believe the rumors it is. Even in Hollywood they have certain standards, believe it or not :wink:

corianderstem said:
Nicole Kidman has, to me, looked a little too thin, a little too pale, and (dare I say it) a little too Botoxed in the past year or so. Her forehead has that unnatural sheen of stillness.

I hope I'm wrong. :(

I use to think she was one of the most gorgeous women in Hollywood. Since she and Tom split, I hate to say it, but her looks have been downhill ever since (not meaning her fashion choices). I agree...way too thin and obviously has indulged in too much plastic surgery. I think it is a shame. She is probably one of the lucky women that would have aged beautifully.

BrownEyedBoy said:
According to the Daily Show, Ellen was a better host than last year's host Jon Stewart:

Well, that's certainly subjective and a matter of opinion. I like Ellen but Jon Stewart was hilarious. Too edgy apparently for the Academy. :shrug: Oh well.

Wow, lots sure goes on at those parties..

tmz.com

TMZ has learned Sean "P. Diddy" Combs is being investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department for allegedly attacking a man at a Hollywood Oscar party.

Gerard Rechnitzer was at a post-Oscar bash Sunday night with his fiancee at Teddy's at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. At around 2 AM Monday morning, the 27-year-old Rechnitzer was on his way to the parking lot when he made a pit stop in the bathroom. When he walked out, he noticed his fiancee was surrounded by six men, including Combs. We're told the 5'7", 140 lb. Rechnitzer watched as Combs chatted up his girl for about five minutes, and then asked his fiancee to leave with him.

At that point, Combs allegedly told the woman he was having a party and invited her to come. Rechnitzer persisted and asked his fiancee again to leave with him. Combs then allegedly socked Rechnitzer in the jaw.

Rechnitzer, a real estate broker, called 911. The LAPD came out and took a report, but Combs had left before the cops arrived. An ambulance came but Rechnitzer declined treatment.

We're told the LAPD contacted Rechnitzer yesterday, and as many as five witnesses who observed the incident.

:huh:

On another note, I watched Ellen's show the day after the Oscars, and it was all about the Oscars, preparations, behind-the-scenes, etc. Was very cool, and Ellen was quite emotional about the whole thing, and how this was a dream come true for her and all that it meant. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom