The Great Interland Oscar Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
79th_KidmanN_01.jpg

Not too sure about how I feel on this one.

Dalton said:
Jack looked crazy with the shaved head. Can you imagine how nuts he would have looked without his glasses on? I sure hope that is for a role.

My dad made a comment about how he sorta looks like Marlon Brando without the glasses...if he took them off.

Don't ask me why....I don't understand the comment either (Or I might have misheard him...so that's a possibility) :shrug: :huh:

I didn't like Cameron's dress, or her bedhead-but those emerald earrings were incredible, and really set off her eyes.

Ellen wasn't bad in any way really-I think the whole show just was and she suffered as a result. I got so caught up in the red carpet that I forgot to watch her on Barbara Walters.

katie_holmes.jpg

nicole_kidman300.jpg

lol, I like Elton kissing Simon

simon_cowell.jpg

Katie needs some colour - she looks like she's in some kind of nude body suit.

Nicole's dress colour is okay, but that noose is unfortunate.

She should go dressed as the Queen :wink:

people.com

Fresh from her Best Actress Oscar win for The Queen, Helen Mirren is likely to be invited to tea with the real queen, a Buckingham Palace rep has confirmed.

"It is speculation, but we are looking at a number of options," a palace spokeswoman said on Monday, according to the Associated Press.

In a statement to PEOPLE, a rep for Her Majesty said, "We are sure that the Queen will be pleased with Dame Helen's success."

Because of the time difference – the Oscars began at 12:30 a.m. Monday morning in England – Mirren's victory was difficult to catch on British TV, though a pay movie channel did carry the ceremony. Even so, Mirren's win was a top story in the British press.

The 61-year-old actress saluted the queen in her acceptance speech Sunday for maintaining "her dignity, her sense of duty, and her hairstyle" and acknowledged: "If it wasn't for her, I most, most certainly would not be here."

Well most women there last night are "freakishly" thin compared to the average woman.

I did like the way Nicole looked with some more weight on her. I like her, I think she's really quite shy and that is often misinterpreted. I hope her marriage and everything with Keith will work out for the best.

Helen Mirren - best dress and most class from all the women. Also Diane Keaton and Kirsten Dunst looked nice.

Forrest Whitaker and Alan Arkin - also classy speeches, as well as Morricone.

:up: Al Gore and Martin Scorsese's big night (is it just me or did he made a proper leading man out of Di Caprio? I think he's better since Gangs of New York)

Nicole Kidman has, to me, looked a little too thin, a little too pale, and (dare I say it) a little too Botoxed in the past year or so. Her forehead has that unnatural sheen of stillness.

I hope I'm wrong. :(

corianderstem said:
Nicole Kidman has, to me, looked a little too thin, a little too pale, and (dare I say it) a little too Botoxed in the past year or so. Her forehead has that unnatural sheen of stillness.

I hope I'm wrong. :(

You're being kind.

I think she's looked awful for years now. Clearly over-botoxed and her face is way too tight.

anitram said:

You're being kind.

I think she's looked awful for years now. Clearly over-botoxed and her face is way too tight.

:up:

I think she died after filming Batman Forever and was replaced by an inflatable doll.

She looks ridiculous.

I'm glad Martin won. He finally won the big one, just like Peyton Manning. His name had been brought up during the playoffs as someone like Peyton who always lost. Now they both have the hardware.

U2Kitten said:
I'm glad Martin won. He finally won the big one, just like Peyton Manning. His name had been brought up during the playoffs as someone like Peyton who always lost. Now they both have the hardware.

except Scorcese directed some of the greatest films of the past 35 years, and didn't crap the bed like Peyton Manning.

I blame the uptight Academy for screwing him over for this long, but what can you do?

Mrs. Cruise's dress looks too pale for her skin.
I never noticed which celebs are botoxed or not. I will have to stufy more. Please continue to point them out :wink:
I like the pic of Elton & Simon. Simon all dressed up :hmm:
I wonder what he had to say to Ms. Hudson. He did tell her thru a taped interview on Oprah before the Academy Award nominations were announced, that he predicted she'd win an Oscar.

Didn't care for Naomi Watts' dress above :down:

Justin24 said:
I thought Jack Nicholson was annoying. How many times do they have to show him.

Was that Jack Nicholson or Rod Steiger? :ohmy:

He's still Jack, which means he's the best.

U2Kitten said:

lol... comparing Martin Scorcese to a football player.

And yes, Nicole Kidman has botoxed away her ability to smile/frown/raise an eyebrow/wink. She looks freakin' scary.

Leonardo DiCaprio is one of mainstream Hollywoods best, and always has been. He owes so, so much to young Jack Nicholson (a ridiculous amount really), but he's still awesome in his own right. Really, you take Titanic out of his resume and there's a stunning list there. I actually think Gangs falls near the bottom of the list however. Gilbert Grape, Basketball Diaries, amazing stuff for a kid. Aviator/Blood Diamond/Departed - on a great run now.

I didn't record the show, sorry!

As for DiCaprio - What's Eating Gilbert Grape is a great movie. I believe he was nominated for his role in it as well :up:

DiCaprio is an excellent actor, no doubt about that. He and Kate Winslet are still young, and will continue doing excellent work.

They'll both get their Oscars someday. Whoot!

Leo is one of the finest "young" actors in the business. His Scorsese films are all amazing. His roles in Gangs, The Aviator and The Departed are all top tier acting material, and he was also incredible in Blood Diamond and Catch Me if You Can. :up: Leo rocks.

How about his topnotch work in Growing Pains?

Anyone?

But yes, he's extremely talented and he'll get that Oscar someday soon.

So I was 16 of 24 on my picks this year.

I think it could be a record for me.

Neat.

Lila64 said:

As for DiCaprio - What's Eating Gilbert Grape is a great movie. I believe he was nominated for his role in it as well :up:

:yes: But for supporting role, not lead :wink:

edit: Love Scorsese getting the biggest cheer of the night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom