The Grapes of Wrath

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elizabeth

New Yorker
So I just finished this book, and I wondered if anyone else out there was as swept away as I was. It was so amazing, I couldn't stop reading it some nights...and I definitely didn't want it to end.

I wanted to talk about a few passages and find out more historical info...but if there is no interest here...i can take my curiosity (and frustration with this world) somewhere else.

I freaking love that book. One of my all-time favorites. Of course, I haven't read it since I was a sophomore in high school, so my memories of it are a little fuzzy. But if you want to talk about it, bring it on.

ugh that book....no, i enjoyed it the first time i read it...it was just the 12 page paper in 11th grade, the movie (which i didn't like at atll) and the 10 page one comparing the book and movie in 12th grade followed by much much more movie clips than i ever wished to see AFTER that work was done (then having it all show up on a test...that teacher went on overkill)...that kind of ruined it for me

I just finished reading it a month ago...I couldn't put it down either. I read it in high school but it didn't interest me at all then, I just wanted to get it over with.

I'd love to talk about it.

Steinbeck really understood what America was then, what it was and what it was possibly turning into. The book stands as truly great American literature of the past century. The actual history of the period was as heartbreaking as the book for those who didn't have much to start with.

~najeena~

Back
Top Bottom