The Grand Resurrection of the Pet Photos Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
Since I can't search (I really must become a premium member one of these days) I can't find the old pet photos thread...so here's a new one! It has been a while since anyone posted in that anyway.

We now have seven pets - the newest additions, two Shih Tzu puppies, brother and sister! They're five months old now (they had their birthday just ten days ago) and their fur is finally starting to get a bit longer.

DSC02930.jpg

Bijou on the left and Mungo Jerry on the right.

DSC02933.jpg

Mungo. He has such unusual eyes! A pity I couldn't get a clear shot of them. They're hazel, not the usual dark brown.

DSC02941.jpg

Bijou.

DSC02942.jpg

She looks surprised here!

Now, let's see everyone else's pets!

Oh, found some better shots of Mungo's eyes!

mungo1.jpg

mungo2.jpg

He looks so stupid there ^ :laugh:

They are! They're the sweetest little things...unfortunately, they're extremely stubborn and don't listen whatsoever. :grumpy: When they turn six months, they're going to have to be taken to obedience school.

Aw, you should still take a pic of Herman! I love fish. Bettas are really pretty too. What colour is he? I love blue Bettas!

Awwwwwwwwww those puppies are absolutely precious! :cute: Besides their stubborness are they good with kids? Im moving to Chicago soon with my bf and he said I can get a puppy. Want something small and cuddly though. Also a dog that's good with kids because he has small nieces and nephews.

GibsonGirl said:
They are! They're the sweetest little things...unfortunately, they're extremely stubborn and don't listen whatsoever. :grumpy: When they turn six months, they're going to have to be taken to obedience school.

Aw, you should still take a pic of Herman! I love fish. Bettas are really pretty too. What colour is he? I love blue Bettas!

Herman is a blue Betta with some red on his tail. It's really hard to get a picture of him, for he won't stay still.

^Haha about your fish phtography!

The puppies and kittens are so adorable as well as the turtle. I must search for a few pics of my baby dog! I will be back!

Aw, LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, those cats are too cute! I have four cats myself. The litter box situation is always interesting. :uhoh: I also love the red-eared turtle. I used to have a few of those when I was younger.

BonosBaby12, yes, they're very good with kids! They love everyone. That's the nice thing about Shih Tzus - unlike the majority of small dogs, they aren't snappy at all. Very good natured. I do have a word of warning, however - potty training is an issue. The breed is notorious for taking a while to learn, as we're finding out with ours. Some family friends also have a Shih Tzu, and it took them nine months to train theirs. Ours are starting to learn, though. So aside from that and the whole not coming when they're called thing, they're wonderful dogs. I expect it would be easier to manage with only one of them, instead of two. And, plus, when they get old...they all end up looking like this:

shih-tzu-280x210-tig-128.gif

:love:

My old neighbors had an adorable Shi Tzu named Lady. They increased from one child to four while they lived next door and as far I as I know, the dog was never a problem. We would always watch her for two weeks every summer and she was an angel. Hardly any dog hair, no nipping, and no barking (I think this might be lucky though!). When we let her out, she'd go to her yard to go to the bathroom and usually go back to her step, so we'd call her back or go pick her up, but she never ran away or chased any people or animals.

I love Jack Russells! So cute. :up: Does Charger go insane for stones and that sort of thing? My aunt has a Jack Russell who's lost all of his teeth due to his obsession with stones, and my neighbours' has done the same thing. :laugh:

GibsonGirl said:
Aw, LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, those cats are too cute! I have four cats myself. The litter box situation is always interesting. :uhoh: I also love the red-eared turtle. I used to have a few of those when I was younger.

Yeah, the cat situation is interesting since I live in half of a one-story duplex with four other girls. :huh: We started with Beckham, then got Posh to keep him entertained. Then Max came to live with us after problems with his owner. He has a VERY loud meow/howl and his previous owner didn't give him a lot of one-on-one attention, so the cat would basically cry like a baby all day. The neighbors started complaining and the housemates threatened to take him to the pound. The rescue kitten we found in a tree and thank God we knew of someone who wanted to adopt a tiny kitten but hadn't yet (b/c the shelters won't release them until they're 2 pounds). The three cats have been very good with the litter and none of them have ever had an accident, although they love to watch me clean the box and see who can get the first dump in the clean litter.

this is Harry, my lab mix rescue that we've had for about a year. He's a little over 3 we think.

littleblueridingpup.jpg

Having a treat...kind of looks like a butt...
harrywithtreat.jpg

With his new haircut!
whatisparisdoing.jpg

51375819_0aa1b2d150_m.jpg

This is Coco...she's a mix of terrier and chihuahua (we think!) She's a great dog; very transportable, good with children and old people, and loves going for walks...even hikes. She was actually the last puppy left from her litter at the pet store. She's very playful, and goes mad when I make makeshift puppets out of old socks...she thinks they're alive and worth attacking...:wink:

51375396_2643a88253_m.jpg

Thanks Gibson :). They are even more adorable when they are older! :love:. Have heard some small dogs aren't too fond of children so that's why I asked ahead of time. Oh and thanks for warning me about how long it takes to train them,lol. I would be more than happy with just one. Have a beagle named Butterball but he's too old to take with me. Leaving him with my family who I know will take care of him. All of the pets on here are just too cute for words! :)

GibsonGirl said:
I love Jack Russells! So cute. :up: Does Charger go insane for stones and that sort of thing? My aunt has a Jack Russell who's lost all of his teeth due to his obsession with stones, and my neighbours' has done the same thing. :laugh:

Charger loves to grab plastic water bottles on the sly and chew the caps off....she gets them from garbage cans, off tables or wherever we leave them, full, half full or empty....and she hides things everywhere. When she gets scolded she will go find something she's hidden and bring it to me like it's a treasured gift from her heart. She is a VERY good watchdog and VERY loyal and so smart. I've not noticed her chewing stones, I'd better beware!

Here is my baby, River. He's sleeping because, really, that's all the little punk ever does, lol.

riversleeping.jpg

And here he is awake...so regal!

rivercloseup.jpg

This is one of my 3 dogs, my newfoundland Fiona. This was taken in April and she's a little skinnier than she was in this picture because she was sick for awhile. :( But she's getting better. :)

fiona.jpg

Back
Top Bottom