The Gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Now, there's always some small material posession that we want, but don't mention very often, either for fear of being laughed at, or because it's so tiny, that we often forget we want it. But, if someone was to actually BUY us these gifts, we'd be completely floored ("You realy listen to me!" - Like Elaine on Seinfeld when Kramer buys her the bench). And so, I say we start a list of the tiny things we wish we could have, but often forget about.

(And it has to be a material object--not like, world peace or something).

Me: I'd love a hardcover copy of King Lear. And the DVD of A Far Off Place. I used to watch that movie all the time as a kid :sigh: Memories....

What do YOU want?

what april said and

Best of Fleetwood mac
Best of James Taylor
Best of Elvis Costello
Popmart Mexico City (vhs)
Outside it's America (video)

(am already getting Grace by Jeff Buckley, thanks to april :sexywink: and Best of Sting and the police, thanks to Laura)

thats all!!

I'm really enjoying a TV show called "The Frontier House". Anyone know it? I've cried 2 weeks in a row now watching it, once when nate told the girl to walk around, not sit crying in the snow. And last night when mum got home from the ride to the store and the family had built a porch while she was away.
So either of those, some good advice or a porch.
New music is always gratefully received.

I want the new White Stripes CD and the Ryan Adams DVD that's coming out soon. I have no DVD player...but I can go watch it at my friend's house. *pause* I guess I want a DVD player too then. :D

I've gotten flowers twice in the past several months...I :heart: receiving them, but it's always sad when they die. :slant: I have a hard time throwing them out.

That's not to say that I wouldn't love to get more flowers in the future though. :)

*edits to add*

I also want a copy of The Finger's "We Are Fuck You". Everybody went crazy huntin' it down when it was first released on vinyl...but now it's been released on CD and includes the "Punk's Dead Let's Fuck" tracks. Jesse Malin and Ryan Adams are on it...but their names are not listed anywhere because they legally were not to participate on it because of their contracts with their respective record companies. It's common knowledge they are on there though. I've read rave reviews of it and am really curious.

Last edited:
I'll third the plane tickets to the UK!

And I would like a golden retriever puppy.

Kat-ski, where did John get the amazing U2 poster that he gave you?

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Kat-ski, where did John get the amazing U2 poster that he gave you?

He found it at a mall in Roanoke. They have bins and bins of various posters, and he happened to stumble across a U2 one...he said he just had to get it for me. :cute:

Hmmm....

A book of Robert Graves poetry

Flowers!

A pair of pajamas. Funny, sexy, doesn't matter. I love it when I get a pair.

Season tickets to the Avs (only if they actually had the money) Or even just a pair of tickets.

I'll copy Miss Velvet Dress' trip to Europe, even though I'd probably be guilt ridden at the expense...but I'd love every minute, LOL.

That U2 calender with the Bono as The Fly on the front cover that pops up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom