The Gabba, Brisbane Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
51-36 to Carlton over Richmond right now, near the end of the second quarter.

Yay footy's back! :hyper:

Yeah, we watched the rest of the 2nd from there.

Holy shit that was great.

Travis is, of course, pleased with his team choice :lol:. It's kind of cool to already see him getting this into the game (unfortunately with Travis, this has an adverse effect when his team is losing).

Haha, glad you're both enjoying!

I'm just going to be pleased if Richmond loses by less than about 25 points. They got their arses thoroughly kicked in this fixture to open the 2010 season ...

51-36 to Carlton over Richmond right now, near the end of the second quarter.

Yay footy's back! :hyper:

Our coverage only just began. :sigh: Curse Biggest Loser, I guess.

Yeah, we watched the rest of the 2nd from there.

Holy shit that was great.

Travis is, of course, pleased with his team choice :lol:. It's kind of cool to already see him getting this into the game (unfortunately with Travis, this has an adverse effect when his team is losing).

I'm really, really glad that you both are enjoying it. :up:

Yeah, and the espn feed looked great too. I can definitely live with this...not the time zone difference though lol

Oh my god Richmond! Proof this game can change so rapidly.

Wish I could stay up to watch the end but I'm getting up in a bit over four hours to watch the end of the cricket ...

Aaaand damnit Richmond! Glad I didn't push myself to watch the final quarter.

Seems like I woke up at just the right time for the cricket. Come ooon India.

It's 2:30am here! I really am insane. Ahh remember the days when this was my normal bedtime. :lol:

How goes it Ashley?

Go home Australia! Oh man, sensational game of cricket, totally worth dragging myself out of bed to watch that.

India vs Pakistan semi-final? Going to be MASSIVE.

Wait. Where the hell are they playing if it's almost 5 AM in Oz and probably earlier in India?

It's in India. Day/night game, finishing around 10-11pm Indian time.

Ah. That makes sense. I guess I thought India was closer to Australia than it is. Geography fail.

Question: If you catch a goal ball, do you get to keep it, like foul balls in Baseball?

God Damn. I have the sudden urge to go buy an iPad2! The start selling them at 5pm in Aus. Likelyhood of being in Melbourne by 8pm :hmm:

Question: If you catch a goal ball, do you get to keep it, like foul balls in Baseball?

If you 'catch' the ball, its called a Mark. You can go back and hold the ball for about 10 seconds, there's no real time limit...but the umpire will usually call 'play on' after a few seconds. Then they player either has to kick or handball the footy...or just go for a run.

The ball also has to travel 15 meters in the air for the it allowed to be a mark. otherwise its just pay on.

Aw, poo.

I'm up to halftime of last night's match. I thought Carlton was just going to dominate the entire game, but Richmond's started fighting back. That Eddie Betts is an awesome player. Chris Judd looks like he'll tear your face off if you breathe at him the wrong way. I'm becoming a Blues fan watching this game.

Despite the loss, it's nice to see that Richmond have shown that they won't be pushovers this year. I reckon they can get about 8-10 wins.

:tsk: Spoilers, Vladdikins. i'd forgotten who won.

Is that Jack Reiwoldt bloke married? I'd like to have about ten thousand of his babies.

Yes, I've become a Richmond fan. Carlton fell apart over Waite getting concussion, but Richmond rallied from being down 22 to ahead 14 at the end of the third. Go Tigers.

Sowwy, Reggo. :(

I don't think Riewoldt's married, still in his early 20's so unlikely.

It's all good. That was still an exciting game, even if I knew the result. Both teams did well, but Richmond was more consistent throughout play. So, I'm sticking by my Richmond alliance, even if my tip toward Carlton was correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom