The Futureheads: News & Tributes. (new album)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooperson

Refugee
past Futureheads threads have been short lived, i know, but has anyone picked up their new album? it is astonishing! A very good follow up. i love it. it is a bit slower pace than their debut but it is really good. if you liked it you will probably like this one too. if you have never heard them, why haven't you?:eyebrow: :wink: you should give them a try/another chance. hear the single at thefutureheads.com if you'd like to.

anyone heard it yet and have any thoughts on it?

goodness gracious i love this band!

edit: did i mention they were extraordinary live! one of the best times i have ever had at a live show.

Last edited:
oh come on people are you serious? the futureheads are a great band. someone please atleast tell me you know who they are. oh well.

Haven't checked out their new album yet but I liked their debut. If you like them, pick up any "Gang of Four" albums, there are more than a few similarities. ;)

oh i know. i absolutley love Gang of Four. i saw them live last year and they were so brilliant. it was the entire original lineup. Andy Gill produced alot of the futureheads debut album.

thank you for responding you kind soul!:wave:

i absolutley love the Clash too. (your location) and i'm guessing your avatar is Joe. did you draw that?

Oh I didn't know there was a connection with the two. Nice to know there's a little Mick and Libertines thing going on there. Didn't get a chance to see the re-union thing, although I'm not much of a fan of re-unions anyway. How was it?

As for the Clash, oh yeah absolutely, I'm a Clash/Joe/Mescaleros nut. As for the avatar? no I didn't draw it, "kindly borrowed" it from a Clash web-site a while ago!

oh i didn't know that about the libertines. we are learning so much here.
the re-union was brilliant actually. re-unions do tend to suck a bit but this one was prime! Jon King did indeed smash a microwave to bits with a baseball bat mid performance. it was really a lot of fun!

hey how was that strummer dvd, Let's Rock Again? have you seen it? was it worth the buy? iv'e been thinking about getting it but wasn't sure.

I'd definitely recommend it. I saw it at Tribeca Festival a couple of yrs ago. It's a documentary of Joe's tour with the meskies with some excellent performances. It's probably my favourite after Westway to the World.

oh well that is a very positive review.westway was really good. i might pick it up while i'm out today. i just got a Pal dvd player so ima go ahead and finally get the Rude Boy dvd too.

Slapnutz said:
Brilliant album. I haven't stopped listening to it since I bought it.

Here's a review for those thinking about picking it up: http://www.mansized.co.uk/reviews/review.phtml/88/215/

hey, thanks for that review. it was a really good one. i haven't stopped listening either. what is your favorite track?
i would have to say mine is Burnt. followed close by Back to the Sea and Favours for Favours. All the songs are good.

Danger of the Water is one of my favorite weird songs. It reminds me of something Danny Elfman/Oingo Boingo would do.

ooohh if you like Danger of the Water you should give this new album a listen. the songs are more Danger of the Water-esque. especially a song called Thursday which i think might be the next single

Back
Top Bottom