The Frames - New Album "The Cost"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Just wondering if anybody bought the new album yet? :)

What would you compare it to? Any new favourite songs? Etc... :hyper:

I was gonna say WTF? What new cd? Dammit! Why can't it be released in the US already too? I would LOVE to listen to some new Frames material, I think I'm wearing out the could cds I already have!

I saw the swell season show here in the US a couple of weeks back (on the first night of the tour). amazing.

As for the album, yeah, seems like it'll be a while. The website says where you can buy it online though. I bought burn the maps via a cd shop in dublin because the same time lapse happened with it.

I saw the trailer today for this film "Once" starring Glen Hansard. It looks really good and has received great reviews. Has anyone seen in yet?

070514_once_vmed_5p.widec.jpg

I couldn't decide whether to put this here or over in Zoo Station but it seemed like something the Frames fans in B&C would appreciate.

joyfulgirl said:
I saw the trailer today for this film "Once" starring Glen Hansard. It looks really good and has received great reviews. Has anyone seen in yet?

I couldn't decide whether to put this here or over in Zoo Station but it seemed like something the Frames fans in B&C would appreciate.

A saw an advance screening a couple of weeks ago in Toronto. Definately an :up: movie! It's a really small, independent movie (I believe the director called it 'guerilla shooting'), with a wonderful story. Lots of music too! Both rearranged Frames songs and new compositions. I heartily recommend it.

After the advance screening there was a Q&A session with the director and with Glen Hansard. Plus, Glen performed a couple of songs. Just him, with a guitar, on an empty stage. :drool: It made me a fan of The Frames and now I can't wait to see them live next month! :hyper:

BTW, my favourite song from The Cost is Falling Slowly. Especially after seeing that movie (and with some other things) I fell for it. :bow:

Thanks, Popmartijn. When I saw The Frames open for Damien Rice a few years ago, I thought Glen seemed like he'd be a natural actor--so comfortable in his skin onstage. I'd seen the Commitments when it came out years ago but don't remember him or much about it in general. The reviews of "Once" have been nearly worshipful so I'm really looking forward to seeing whenever it makes its way here.

I haven't gotten "The Cost" yet--should I??

joyfulgirl said:

It's a really heart-warming film. Check out the website at http://oncethemovie.com/

I believe the movie is out in the States and it's playing select theatres... so if it's in your neighbourhood, jump at the chance. It's excellent :heart:

Back
Top Bottom