The Frames......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ithink they're decent

I think they're a bit lax in the production department. I mean, I bought Dance The Devil, and it has some obvious errors on it

as for the music
hit and miss, IMO

Basstrap said:

as for the music
hit and miss, IMO

For the Birds is the one to get. Every song is great. I got Dance the Devil awhile back but only played it twice, so I wouldn't judge them by that record.

Great live band.

yeah, I've wanted to get for the birds...but it's hard to find

I'll get it soon ,I guess

I'll have to find a way to usurp it from you unsuspectingly.

:up:

Yeah, Setlist was displayed at Borders so I listened to that - I agree that they're a good live band. I've downloaded a few of their songs and love 'em to death (so far all I have is God Bless Mom, Pavement Tune, and Revelate.) I should look into getting For the Birds :up: thanks for the rec joyfulgirl.

here's a thread from a while back...
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77682&highlight=the+frames

They definitely have some fans on this board, most certainly including me. I absolutely love them. I've seen them live about 4 times, I guess, and they are just AMAZING live. Just...beyond words. Set List is the best album to get. It's a live album, and comes fairly close to capturing the energy of one of their shows. Glen Hansard is such a charismatic front man. I could go on and on, but i'll stop... :)

edit: there's also some frames talk in this thread:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82640&highlight=the+frames

Last edited:
jkayet said:
here's a thread from a while back...
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77682&highlight=the+frames

They definitely have some fans on this board, most certainly including me. I absolutely love them. I've seen them live about 4 times, I guess, and they are just AMAZING live. Just...beyond words. Set List is the best album to get. It's a live album, and comes fairly close to capturing the energy of one of their shows. Glen Hansard is such a charismatic front man. I could go on and on, but i'll stop... :)

edit: there's also some frames talk in this thread:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82640&highlight=the+frames

Yes I have Set List and I really enjoy it. Thanks for the links btw :wink:

I actually don't like Set List all that much. I've seen them live and they are fantastic, but somehow I wasn't crazy about Set List (maybe because the sound quality is not so good). Also "What Happens When the Heart Just Stops" is ruined by that loonng story, which is only funny the first time you hear it. But it does capture the live experience pretty well; it just doesn't hold up for me for repeated listenings whereas For the Birds is still on fairly heavy rotation at my house after more than a year.

The song "Santa Maria" is to die for. :drool:

Ok, I take it back. After listening to Set List again, it's pretty damn good.

I have "For the Birds". Its a solid album. It isn't something I listen to often though so I can't say that I love it. Overall I don't think they are very innovative and at present I am just so stuck in a rut with music. I am waiting to be wowed by something new, someone new, anything new, and I really haven't been lately.

Edit: except for Cinematic Orchestra, and an old 70s artist Cymande...

Last edited:
Can't even describe how much love I have for them. Recently was in Eire while they were doing a nationwide tour for their new album... saw them an obscene number of times (five) and was blown away each time. Easily the best live band currently touring (which isn't at all a cry for our lads to get on the road).

As for albums, For the Birds is solid in a very quiet, subdued kind of way. It reveals itself in time. Fitzcarraldo has to be the place to go for a studio album's display of their rock side. Burn the Maps, the new album, is brilliant. Dance the Devil, in my opinion, is quite weak even though the songs are exceptionally strong- they're just not well presented. You're better off hearing them live. For the experience though, you might want to check out Setlist first, though some of the songs pale to what they would start doing later in the tour (Heart Just Stops going into Van's Caravan, etc).

On top of it all, though, they're just really great guys.

Back
Top Bottom