The five reunions you would most like to see happen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
The title is self-explanatory. The only catch is that most of the band members in the band you want to reunite have to be alive. :shifty:

Mine:

1. Blur
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Stone Roses
4. Pink Floyd
5. My Bloody Valentine

Soundgarden, even though I love Cornell on his own. Although that would screw up the current Pearl Jam, so how about another Temple of the Dog album, best of both worlds.

1) Talking Heads

2) Sleater-Kinney

3) Lifter Puller

4) Wilco (with Jay Bennett; aka, the reason the band used to be so sick, rather than sickening)

5) At the Drive-In

Reunions for the most part suck...for most bands broke up for a reason.

But that being said, I'd like to see

Grant Lee Buffalo
Midnight Oil
REM

Jack In The Box said:
1. The Smiths

that's all

I forgot that one. :ohmy:

Oh, that and Pulp. But, to be fair, Jarvis Cocker could just get a bunch of session musicians together, perform Pulp songs, and call it a reunion and you wouldn't notice a bit of difference. :shrug:

1. Pink Floyd
2. Midnight Oil
3. Dream Theater with Kevin Moore
4. Transatlantic with Neal Morse
5. Spock's Beard with Neal Morse

I can only think of one: Pink Floyd

As for a Led Zeppelin reunion, that couldn't happen because Bonzo's dead. Jason Bonham is a good drummer, but he's not his dad. Therefore, you'll never see a Led Zep reunion.

Holy fuck, how could i forget the Smiths?!

1. Motor Ace
2. Stone Roses
3. Smiths
4. The Rembrandts
5. Pink Floyd

My dreams of James, The Jesus And Mary Chain and Crowded House reuniting came true this year, so that doesn't leave much else for me.

While it's not really a reuinion, I'd give almost anything to see Bill Berry come back to R.E.M. And I guess it would be pretty awesome if The Smiths reunited.

I was never very apologist of band reunions. When people talk about it it's always about a great band of the past. My point is, these bands made great things, they changed music in one way or another, they took steps forward and they made a lot of people dream.
But to me, if Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd got back together, they would never overcome what they did in the past and I guess it would be a disapointment. I guess it would be just a travel to the past and they would do nothing new, because that's what they are, great great bands of the past. Believe me, I love these two bands, but I think they already did their job (an awsome job) and now it's time to move forward (and give place to other bands), not move back.
The only one I wouldn't mind to see together again is Blur. I'm a fan but they were not amazing in my opinion, so I guess they can give us a bit more... Maybe there are other ones that I can't remember now, but the big names... Just no... They were almost perfect... Let's not spoil that.

The Smiths is the only one for me.

Although i think if they did it would take the mystique away from them. They were only around for 4-5 years, didn't make one bad album and influenced countless bands. Not sure if i'd like to see them dusting off the old songs as middle aged men.

I'd still go and see them though :wink:

Ringo And Paul should invite julian lennon & Zak to perform as The Beatles

As For Peter Gabriel reunion with Genesis , i'd rather see Steve Hackett re-join the band and record a new album , play some tunes from W&W and Trick Of The tail , Gabe is too big to play with Genesis

1. Pink Floyd
2. REM w/ Bill Berry
3. Led Zeppelin w/ Jason Bonham
4. Guns n Roses (original or Illusion line-up)
5. Soundgarden

That would make my fucking century! :love:

Pink Floyd (c'mon Gilmour sort it out)
Led Zeppelin(with Jason)
Guns N Roses
Van Halen (September?...I'll believe it when I see it)
Sound Garden

Genesis.......sorted!

annie_vox said:
The only one I wouldn't mind to see together again is Blur. I'm a fan but they were not amazing in my opinion, so I guess they can give us a bit more... Maybe there are other ones that I can't remember now, but the big names... Just no... They were almost perfect... Let's not spoil that.

Yes, I love them, but they were never perfect...they never that "aura" about them. They were just a really fantastic band that needs to get back together. That's why I put them first on my list, because I have absolutely no reservations about them reuniting at all... :)

Bruce Springsteen with the E Street Band

I'm not a fan of his solo stuff at all.

^^You know they did reunite for the Wembley Live Earth gig yesterday?

If you do, I apologise in advance:wink:

They never really break up he just takes on other side projects, The Rising was an E Street Band recording, and this upcoming album will be as well.

R.E.M. can still bring it, and I respect Berry's reasons for leaving, but of course I wouldn't complain if he came around and amped things up, he did play with them at their Hall of Fame induction and recording #9 Dream with them.

WinnieThePoo said:

As For Peter Gabriel reunion with Genesis , i'd rather see Steve Hackett re-join the band and record a new album , play some tunes from W&W and Trick Of The tail , Gabe is too big to play with Genesis

One of the problems with a Genesis reunion is that Peter's voice has deepened so much that a lot of the early stuff is out of his range. At Live Earth, Phil didn't sound too great either. I'd love to see Steve return though. Unfortunately, when you have a guy like Steve the vocals have to be a lot higher than what Phil and Peter are capable of now.

Back
Top Bottom