The five reunions you would most like to see happen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Screwtape2 said:

One of the problems with a Genesis reunion is that Peter's voice has deepened so much that a lot of the early stuff is out of his range. At Live Earth, Phil didn't sound too great either. I'd love to see Steve return though. Unfortunately, when you have a guy like Steve the vocals have to be a lot higher than what Phil and Peter are capable of now.

Nothing one of these couldn't fix
nutkick.gif
:wink:

Screwtape2 said:

One of the problems with a Genesis reunion is that Peter's voice has deepened so much that a lot of the early stuff is out of his range. At Live Earth, Phil didn't sound too great either. I'd love to see Steve return though. Unfortunately, when you have a guy like Steve the vocals have to be a lot higher than what Phil and Peter are capable of now.
i like the way phil looks right now , very proggressive :wink:
his vocals are not what they used to be , however , maybe because of that they play more instrumentals and less vocal fillers during recent tour ( i pray they won't change it )
and there is always ray wilson or some other guy or girl
they should get pj harvey , let phil play the drums and peter handle the flute and costumes

pj singing some of those songs .....

:drool: :drool:

I was under-impressed of the Live Earth shows. I'm thinking it was song selection (I dislike Invisible Touch, Land Of Confusion is just alright, and Turn It On again is likeable)

5 reunions i'd like to see...
this one is easy...

5. Grant Lee Buffalo
4. The Boo Radleys
3. Ride
2. Swervedriver

and the hands-down, no brainer #1:
JELLYFISH

would've said The Verve, but apparently that's about to happen. fearful they'll make me eat my words, but at least Nick McCabe is in the fold. hoping for the best...

1. Pink Floyd
2. Beatles
3. Led Zeppelin
4. I guess Soundgarden...my mom got me hooked on Black Hole Sun
5. Can't think of a 5th, but maybe Midnight Oil or Guns N' Roses

Screwtape2 said:
Take it back! :madwife: :wink:

LemonMelon said:
:huh: No. Just no.

Lila64 said:
You might want to wear this pin :madspit:

schultz.JPG
:happy:

:lmao: C'mon people! If you know me at all, you'd know I'm a 90s nut! It's just the early 90s "We Can't Dance" nostalgia talking. Phanan will agree with me. :p But I'm sure Peter Gabriel is very talented. I love a lot of his solo work!

annie_vox said:
According to NME Blur are going to reunite and we should have some new material in September... let's wait and see...

:shocked: September??? Excellent. :drool:

LemonMelon said:

:shocked: September??? Excellent. :drool:

Sorry, I must correct myself. September is the moth they're going to work together again, not exactly new material. But maybe it won't take long. I'm so excited :hyper: at first I thought Graham wouldn't come back but they're going to be all together!!

1. talking heads--although their lead singer says it will never happen.

2. led zeppelin-- i thought john bonham was the drummer for ac/dc?? and jason is the drummer for foreigner?

3. the clash--one is dead

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
1. talking heads--although their lead singer says it will never happen.

THANK you! It frightens me that we're the only two people, to my knowledge, who've listed the Heads. It's terrifying.

If you shout... said:

THANK you! It frightens me that we're the only two people, to my knowledge, who've listed the Heads. It's terrifying.

I don't see why it should be terrifying. They broke up for a reason so if they aren't interested in getting back together that's quite all right. I can like -- even love -- bands and yet be perfectly ok with the fact that some will only last a short time. Some relationships, no matter how bright and creative, aren't built for the long haul. Nothing terrifying in that. :shrug:

^ that sounds good because alot of times it kills me when bands break up.

I remember the talking heads videos in the 80's, I liked them alot back then.

annie_vox said:

Sorry, I must correct myself. September is the moth they're going to work together again, not exactly new material. But maybe it won't take long. I'm so excited :hyper: at first I thought Graham wouldn't come back but they're going to be all together!!

A USA tour would cause me to feel all shivery. :drool:

Graham is a total genius. He can get sounds out of his guitar that I didn't even know existed.

indra said:

I don't see why it should be terrifying. They broke up for a reason so if they aren't interested in getting back together that's quite all right. I can like -- even love -- bands and yet be perfectly ok with the fact that some will only last a short time. Some relationships, no matter how bright and creative, aren't built for the long haul. Nothing terrifying in that. :shrug:

I know what you mean, but I don't think it's terrifying that the band split up--that makes pretty good sense, based on the interviews I've read, over the years. What terrified me was the fact that, in a thread dedicated to most-desired reunions, only two of, like, the first thirty posters listed the Talking Heads. That's crazy, B! It's all about hypotheticals, so while you're 100% correct in what you said, this isn't a situation to consider such things. It's a thread about hope and wishfulness, dig?

I mean, Talking Heads, dude! Talking Heads...!!! What's not to love?

The Clash :drool:
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Guns and Roses
:yes:
oh yeah and rage against the machine

Backstreet Boys :lol: did they break up?

4. The Boo Radleys
3. Ride
2. Swervedriver

:up:

Like the way you're thinking. Chance you could send/upload some Jellyfish? :)

I would say Husker Du, 'til I heard Grant and Bob were playing together for a very brief performance a couple years back in Minneapolis - apparently it was much better in the dream, rather than reality.

and for the record, did INXS ever actually break up? Haven't they just loping around with sub-standard frontmen since 1997, even before Rock Star?

If you shout... said:

If they'd go back to making music as good as all of their output up to Speaking in Tongues (and maybe even Little Creatures), sure. But I wouldn't want them getting back together just to make another True Stories or Naked. :no:

As far as my list goes (as I can think of it right now):

1. The New Radicals
2. Pink Floyd
3. My Bloody Valentine

All of those reunions would be absolutely orgasmic. :drool:

Pink Floyd could probably do some interesting things again these days, My Bloody Valentine would be amazing, and I can't even explain how much I'd give to see a second New Radicals album. SO much potential there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom