The first official 2012 AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question: why the FUCK would you take a kick when you can hardly see the inside of the goal? Baffling.

inception-HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg

Can't wait to get Walker back in the lineup.

Damn, Richmond played two great quarters of footy and both times followed them up with rubbish. Should've exposed more Carlton weaknesses than they did.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game (though I might be going to a gig, not sure), and by the sounds of it, it might set a new record for highest attendance in the opening round of a season.

Should've exposed more Carlton weaknesses than they did.

We did that ourselves. Should have hung 150 on them with all of those great opportunities we blew, occasionally within 30m. Pathetic. You're not going to beat any decent sides doing that.

I like the Hawks to go all the way this year; would like to see them off to a nice start against what I can only hope is a sagging Collingwood.

You know what AFL has ruined for me? The kicking aspect of rugby. What I used to think were impressive conversions or penalty kicks from halfway or the sideline now just seem to be a good but not particularly great kick in Aussie Rules.

Very disappointing. Yes, we came back pretty strongly, but it felt more a product of Carlton errors than our own brilliance. Discipline was also lacking.

I've always doubted Carlton's claim to being one of the elite teams in the competition, but they really do have a slickness that is enviable (Judd, Murphy, Yarran) and Hampson and Waite are very competent go-to men up forward. Kruezer is one of the most versatile players in the league. Maybe they can penetrate the top two. After last night, I'm really hoping that that is where they are, and that a 7 goal loss is not to be sneezed at against the Old Dark Navy.

Maric and Morris looked like great acquisitions!

Last night as I have for the last three seasons, only been interested enough to watch the first half. Its always a bit of fizzer and I still think the AFL should have the grand final replay to kick start the season, obviously it was good what they did for Sydney last week, but from now on Grand Final replay straight up.

Pies playing three debutants tonight against the Hawks who are going to be Hodgeless. Will be interesting if the Hawks deliver on the Hype, I think they'll win because our backline is seriously inexperienced without Tarrant, Johnson and co. We shall see.

I'm really upset looking at some of the times these games are on here in Central Time. 5:40? 6:40? And there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to find a replay of, say, next round's Carlton/Brisbane match. I don't what I'm going to do about this.

Simple solution: Trashley needs to move to Melbourne.

Optimistic the Hawks might be able to avenge that preliminary final loss tonight. Hope it's as good a game as the hype says it will be.

Yeah, the Geelong match is (here) Saturday morning, 3:45 AM :crack: I love footy, but not that much.

Collingwood should've shut out the Hawks in the first quarter, but dear lord were they inaccurate!

Phew.

Wow, this has been some pretty exciting footy with some quality goals. That goal by Buddy from beyond the fifty had so much force behind it. Very glad Hawthorn's managed to get their shit together to lead at half time!

I think Hawthorn are gonna run over the top in the second half, Our inaccuracy and fumbling around with the footy in the forward line has been woeful. Hawthron haven't been much better, but able to come up with the goods when it counts.

Luckily its only Round 1, plenty of time to iron the shit out ;)

edit: FUCKING LOVE AUSTAR, No ads, even if the commentators don't talk during the 'ad breaks' its so nice.

Don't pull too much of a Vlad, Daniel. :wink:

I think it's pretty evenly poised right now ... hard to tell which way it will go, but I'm kind of worried Collingwood's got the goods.

Back
Top Bottom