The first official 2012 AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waite reported within a minute :happy: fucking bullshit.

You know you're a nerd when you get excited by new score graphics. Not sure I like the full team names though, it's too long. Should just be Rich/Carl.

Danny, that Bruce McAvaney tweeter isn't doing it for me, you're gonna have to step it up :lol:

We're as embarrassing out of the gate as some were predicting. Not so bad in the midfield, but once our defenders are required, forget it.

Again, injuries. The moronic umpiring doesn't help.

I'm just dismissing the defense! Like last season, we just hung 12 on them in no time. That was beautiful.

330628-ivan-maric.jpg

Pretty exhilarating first quarter. Not the result I wanted, but we're certainly in it, which looks great after rallying back from a 0-13 start.

Not having watched the NAB cup, I'm not sure why everyone is expecting Richmond to rebound. What's the deal? They certainly look fired up tonight.

Turned out to be a good, close quarter. Hope Richmond can keep it up!

But yeah, that first minute Carlton report was massive bullshit and the gifted goal was dodgy.

Pretty exhilarating first quarter. Not the result I wanted, but we're certainly in it, which looks great after rallying back from a 0-13 start.

Not having watched the NAB cup, I'm not sure why everyone is expecting Richmond to rebound. What's the deal? They certainly look fired up tonight.

Hardwick has changed the culture. They've built a list which has genuine elite players (Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Riewoldt). They've been promising better results for years but it's looking more positive for the Tigers this year.

Hardwick has changed the culture. They've built a list which has genuine elite players (Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Riewoldt). They've been promising better results for years but it's looking more positive for the Tigers this year.

OK, cool. Really sloppy performance from them so far (what the fuck was that disallowed goal), but they definitely seem determined. Great, aggressive tackling.

The kicking has really gone to hell for both clubs.

EDIT: 5 behinds straight ughhhhh

The big difference in that quarter: Richmond's guards got worn down. Any time we had the footy at or around the 50, it was almost a foregone conclusion that something would come from it.

To start: 0-13
Since: 55-23

So excited for Hawks/Pies, I really hope that one is on ESPN3 so I can have better quality and minimal ads. I'll tolerate it for the Blues, but that's it.

Ugh, Carlton ended that half well - not looking so good for Richmond now. Shame about that disallowed goal too.

And OH GOD THE NEW COLES FRESHNESS AD IS PURE HELL. Somehow I think it's actually worse than the Downtown parody. This ad really is the sound of the jingle dying. Please stop ruining footy, Coles and your stupid ads.

Shut the hell up, Judd. You were useless that half.

I can't hear him over knockoff Sigur Ros anyway.

I think Judd paused for 8 seconds at one point. And he leaned forward a bit, trying to rattle some thoughts into place.

What a great quarter of footy, what a comeback by the Tigers, and oh lord could Carlton have possibly blown more opportunities to shut them out?

Hope that in the final quarter, the Richmond of the first and third quarters turns up rather than the Richmond of the second quarter. Would love a good, closely fought finish, even if Traviud's blood pressure wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom