The Fall of Troy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone listen to them? They're pretty amazing for a trio of kids barely old enough to drink. Wikipedia describes them as "an experimental rock/prog-rock band with mathcore tendencies," which I think is code for "fucking awesome." When my friend first introduced them to me I thought it was some screamo bullshit like Taking Back Sunday or whatever, but these guys can really play. Guitarist Thomas Erak is simply a virtuoso.

I think their best album is Doppelgänger (2005), although Manipulator (2007) is more refined and definitely shows growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbAtMjCZtUU this is their most popular song, F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. Yeah it's a little Fall Out Boy, but man is it catchy and fun to play :drool:

Very interesting band. They've got potential, and SO much talent in that guitarist. For such young guys, it'll be interesting to see where they take their music in the future. It's interesting now, but I think it could be really great at some point.

what grecian urns must we raize to become knowledge
to become truth
what must we know
what must we drink
in what scone do you live your thoughtdremes?

where is your me?¿come truth

XHendrix24 said:
Very interesting band. They've got potential, and SO much talent in that guitarist. For such young guys, it'll be interesting to see where they take their music in the future. It's interesting now, but I think it could be really great at some point.

word, like I said doppelganger is pretty amazing but I think they can do something even better. I hope they stick with it.

leeham_mchale¿ said:
what grecian urns must we raize to become knowledge
to become truth
what must we know
what must we drink
in what scone do you live your thoughtdremes?

where is your me?¿come truth

thom yorke, how'd you get in here?

AtomicBono said:

thom yorke, how'd you get in here?

i am but a dreme//./vision?>>>///what must i be, of essence of not myself, to know no one unknow that is to be known?

¿¿//¿///¿/~/?

great, great band, "Manipulator" is an awesome record, the voice is a little emo-ish, still good, if you like them, listen to The Dear Hunter

I personally find this band common in approach and trite in execution. There is a nominal amount of evident talent, but I feel that this band is limited by its own perception of the definition of music/art.

Jack In The Box said:
great, great band, "Manipulator" is an awesome record, the voice is a little emo-ish, still good, if you like them, listen to The Dear Hunter

thanks for the rec, I shall check them out... nice location btw...sonic youth fan? :wink:

Originally posted by CrownVCJerk
I feel that this band is limited by its own perception of the definition of music/art.

yeah uh...how exactly do they define music/art, and how does this differ from your definition?

Art and music is reaching for the stars, and then moving them out of the way to see what is beyond. It is diving so far into yourself that you forget who you are. They seem to think that "shredding" and "screaming" is art, which is totally ridiculous. They are tripe for the plebian masses.

I am going to form a band and call it:

"Tripe for the Plebian Masses"

"Are you Plebians ready to rock??? I can't hear you!?!? Good, now get ready for a rock n' roll kick to the spine, with a side order of tripe! A 1 and a 2 and a....."

No spoken words said:

"Are you Plebians ready to rock??? I can't hear you!?!? Good, now get ready for a rock n' roll kick to the spine, with a side order of tripe! A 1 and a 2 and a....."

I would appreciate the irony of such an exploration.

No spoken words said:

can i be in it :love: (I'm thinking it's more of an album title though. For a band it's too...meh)

VCJerk, I can understand you thinking that of Fall of Troy at first listen, but they're a lot more than just "screaming and shredding." Erak uses his voice as an instrument, going from one xtreme to the other. also not only is his guitar playing fucking awesome, but he utilizes effects at all the right moments and there are tempo changes and little atmospheric breaks in songs...check out that clip I posted. their music comes across as legitimite to me and for the most part not just guitar wanking, though there is a bit of that going on, i believe they are starting to refine themselves.

anyway, just learn to fucking appreciate awesome rock, what are you some kind of radiohead fan? :wink:

AtomicBono said:

can i be in it :love: (I'm thinking it's more of an album title though. For a band it's too...meh)

VCJerk, I can understand you thinking that of Fall of Troy at first listen, but they're a lot more than just "screaming and shredding." Erak uses his voice as an instrument, going from one xtreme to the other. also not only is his guitar playing fucking awesome, but he utilizes effects at all the right moments and there are tempo changes and little atmospheric breaks in songs...check out that clip I posted. their music comes across as legitimite to me and for the most part not just guitar wanking, though there is a bit of that going on, i believe they are starting to refine themselves.

anyway, just learn to fucking appreciate awesome rock, what are you some kind of radiohead fan? :wink:

Where is the truth? Where are the questions that shake the foundations of our existence? Where is the drop of mercury in a pond of forgotten kingdoms? All I see is masturbatory guitar and cliche lyrics, garnering only the adolation of the unrefined.

I respect your perspective however, as this is the cosmic rule.

what does truth have to do with it? this is a band, not a philosophical discussion... go listen to radiohead like i said :wink:

yeah their lyrics are cliche, theyre kind of emo, but does every band need to have earth-shattering lyrics? I don't think so. I don't listen to The Fall of Troy for their lyrics; I listen to them for their stunning musical compositions. And who knows, maybe they will get better thematically as they go along. they're still very young.

AtomicBono said:

You're in.

CrownVCJ said:
Radiohead's genius has no place in this trifle of a discussion.

I do not, however, doubt the potential of a thoughtbeing to ascend to a new plane of expression.

is the fall of troy a thoughtbeing? :eyebrow:

i kind of doubt the potential of your pretentious dialouge to make actual sense.

What, you don't think a thread about a band not everyone has heard of is not the place to discuss thoughtbeings and confiment to this realm? Pish-posh, sir, I say.

No spoken words said:
What, you don't think a thread about a band not everyone has heard of is not the place to discuss thoughtbeings and confiment to this realm? Pish-posh, sir, I say.

Your mockery does not go unnoticed, and it does not flatter you.

I'm posting my mockery, how could it possibly go unnoticed?

As for flattery, I save that for my insanely awesome threads....my purple coat and diamond encrusted cane flatter me more than words ever could.

No spoken words said:
"Jewels for a Jester" are opening for "Tripe for the Plebian Masses". Small world. Sorry he left, though, seriously. Sorry.

maybe if we start discussing radiohead he'll come back

wait, then all of interference will come in this thread

i still love the fall of troy guys

No spoken words said:
I've never listened to them, so, perhaps now I will.

check out those youtube clips i posted...or check em out on itunes...it took me awhile to get used to them but now i love them to death

so what kind of music is Tripe for the Plebian Masses gonna play? :wink:

I don't know. I have another band on the site called Cock Bagel, but that's another story. I also used to be in Douche Monkey. Again, another story.

I think TFTPM should be a combinaton of Soundgarden and Brahams. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom