The Exploits of Ron Mexico Continue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
MIAMI - Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport that smelled like marijuana and contained a substance in a hidden compartment.

Police said Thursday it could be weeks before a decision is made on whether to file charges.

"We'll do an analysis and see what it is. There's no sense of urgency to it," Detective Alvaro Zabaleta said Thursday.

The bottle was found to have a compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," the police report said. The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright, police said.

Vick entered an airport concourse Wednesday morning with the 20-ounce bottle. His initial reluctance to turn over the bottle aroused suspicion among airport security screeners, a police report said. He eventually handed it over and boarded his flight to Atlanta.

Police said the bottle was sent to the Miami-Dade County crime lab.

Vick did not immediately return a phone call early Thursday.

"We plan to look into the matter and discuss it with Michael Vick before having any further comment," Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said.

Under Florida law, possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in prison and a $1,000 fine. First offenders rarely do any jail time.

Two Transportation Security Administration screeners recognized the 6-foot, 215-pound Vick.

Vick's younger brother, Marcus, is a wide receiver for the Miami Dolphins. Michael Vick was the overall No. 1 draft pick in the 2001 NFL draft. In 2006, Michael Vick passed for more than 2,400 yards and also topped 1,000 yards rushing

Smart...if you're gonna smuggle drugs onto a plane, liquids are not the best camouflage these days.
Doesn't Mr. Mexico watch the news?

RonMexicoIdHitItSmall.jpg

randhail said:

I think he's more a MacGyver than an idiot. That takes some skill to do what he did, although MacGyver never would've gotten caught.

Not really.

the reason why there are current restrictions on liquds and gels in the secured areas at airports is because of this (cut you soda bottle in half and smuggle explosives) type of thing.

The guy is an idiot...trying something supposed terrorists were going to try is just not that smart. The TSA agents are trained (although, not very well) to spot THIS EXACT type of thing.

zoney! said:

Not really.

the reason why there are current restrictions on liquds and gels in the secured areas at airports is because of this (cut you soda bottle in half and smuggle explosives) type of thing.

The guy is an idiot...trying something supposed terrorists were going to try is just not that smart. The TSA agents are trained (although, not very well) to spot THIS EXACT type of thing.

I stand corrected. :wink:

He's a complete moron.

its almost like he tried to hide drugs inside a bomb, thinking he could sneak it on that way

He was holding it for Ron Mexico who was holding it for Mike Tyson who was holding it for Michael Irvin who was holding it for his friend with the crack pipe.

From the washington post:

· FALCONS: Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick won't face criminal charges after a water bottle was seized by security at Miami International Airport.

Lab tests on the bottle, which police said smelled of marijuana and contained a hidden compartment, found no evidence of drugs, according to a memo by Deisy Rodriguez, an assistant state attorney.

"Based on the lab's findings, the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is not filing criminal charges," Rodriguez said in the memo, adding the bottle no longer is considered evidence in an investigation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/22/AR2007012201137.html

eh hem... BULLSHIT.

gotta love our justice system... so he had a hidden compartment in his water bottle so that he could carry his skittles. riiiiiiight.

me thinks there was so little "residue" that it wouldn't be worth going to trial over, esp. considering that vick would likely have a high powered lawyer type in his corner.

on a side note, i have decided that i will be making one of those michael vick water bottle containers, just for shits and giggles. i have yet to decide what i will be keeping in said water bottle yet though. i shall let you know.

Why did the Falcons react so strongly about this when there was no arrest and Vick didn't do it? The reaction most likely had something to do with a confession.

Me agrees with Headache.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

on a side note, i have decided that i will be making one of those michael vick water bottle containers, just for shits and giggles. i have yet to decide what i will be keeping in said water bottle yet though. i shall let you know.

Skittles...of course!!

SMITHFIELD, Va. -- Police conducting a drug investigation raided a Virginia house owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and found dozens of dogs, some injured and emaciated, as well as items associated with dog fighting, authorities said.

State Police Sgt. D.S. Carr said Vick's relative, Davon Boddie, 26, lives in the house. Vick owns the property, but does not live there and was not present when a search warrant was executed in a drug investigation Wednesday night, Carr said.

Boddie was arrested outside a nightclub by Hampton police April 20 on charges of distribution of marijuana and possession with intent to distribute. The search warrant was executed by a multijurisidictional task force in a narcotics probe, Carr said.

"When they had a chance to go to the site, they discovered animal neglect," Surry County Administrator Tyrone Franklin told WAVY-TV in Portsmouth.

More than 60 dogs were found in three buildings. Some appeared malnourished, scarred and injured, officials said.

Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States, issued the following statement: "The Humane Society of the United States has heard troubling reports for some time that Michael Vick has been involved in organized dog fighting, and we fear that this investigation may validate that very disturbing allegation."

"We urge law enforcement to aggressively investigate this matter, and we further believe that anyone who harbors dogs for the purpose of fighting, deserves to be fully prosecuted for their crimes,'' Pacelle said. "Dog fighting is a barbaric activity that causes immense animal suffering and fosters violence in our communities. Our nation should have a zero tolerance policy for any form of staged animal fighting."

The Humane Society said dog fighting is illegal nationwide and a felony in 48 states, including both Virginia and Georgia.

Vick refused comment Thursday through a Falcons spokesman, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Joel Segal, the quarterback's agent, and Larry Woodward, a Virginia attorney who has worked with both Vick and his younger brother, Marcus, didn't immediately return telephone messages from The Associated Press seeking comment.

The Surry County Sheriff's Office is handling the investigation of the dogs' treatment. The office said the deputy in charge of the investigation was at the scene and unavailable for comment Thursday.

The animal rights group PETA has asked Falcons owner Arthur Blank to suspend Vick pending the investigation and "to kick him off the team if it is found that dogs on Vick's property were neglected or used for fighting."

In a letter to Blank, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said it was the second time it was writing to the owner about one of his players and allegations of cruelty to animals. On Feb. 23, the organization wrote to him about defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux's felony charges in Georgia stemming from the fatal beating of a dog.

The probe at Vick's property is the latest in a serious of embarrassing incidents for the Atlanta quarterback.

Last season, Vick flashed an obscene hand gesture to heckling Atlanta fans as he walked off the field following a dismal loss to New Orleans. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and donated another $10,000 to charity.

In January, security officers at Miami International Airport seized a water bottle from Vick that they said smelled of marijuana and had a hidden compartment. Authorities later said there were no drugs in the bottle, and Vick explained that he used the secret compartment to carry jewelry.

Just this week, Vick came under more criticism when he failed to show for a lobbying appearance on Capitol Hill in support of increased funding for after-school programs. He missed a connecting flight in Atlanta and didn't turn up for a later flight.

Vick and two other former Virginia Tech stars -- Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall and former Buffalo Bills defensive end Bruce Smith -- are scheduled to join Hokies football coach Frank Beamer and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in a predraft ceremony in New York on Saturday to honor the victims of the recent shooting at the Blacksburg school.

Back
Top Bottom