The everything you ever wanted to know about The Church but were afraid to ask thread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2006, 03:47 AM   #466
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl
Yes, Indra, what do you say??? Reptile and I can show you all the wineries in the Clare Valley, er, I mean take you to the Day on the Green .....

Wow, what a line up!!!!
I'd love to do that. Hell I'd love to come in November and just stalk around after them for a few months. I heard that Marty was so excited about the various gigs and plans that he was practically bouncing off the wall. How adorable!

Speaking of adorable I would love to see the SK/MWP shows. Those two had such a great rapport going during the US shows. I would love to see the comedy/music gig they could put on.

Oh well, I'll just sit home and pout.

And then I'm come here post stuff in this here "thread that will not die." (it is getting close to the 500 posts mark though. Guess when that happens I'll have to start up another one. Have to think of a snappy name for it.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:15 AM   #467
Refugee

Local Time: 07:39 PM
Vegan Day was great too!!!

Old 10-29-2006, 08:06 PM   #468
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
I'd love to do that. Hell I'd love to come in November and just stalk around after them for a few months. I heard that Marty was so excited about the various gigs and plans that he was practically bouncing off the wall. How adorable!

Speaking of adorable I would love to see the SK/MWP shows. Those two had such a great rapport going during the US shows. I would love to see the comedy/music gig they could put on.

Oh well, I'll just sit home and pout.

And then I'm come here post stuff in this here "thread that will not die." (it is getting close to the 500 posts mark though. Guess when that happens I'll have to start up another one. Have to think of a snappy name for it.
Sooner or later, you're coming to this land of Church, mark my words!!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #469
'

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Re: The everything you ever wanted to know about The Church but were afraid to ask th

Quote:
AKA The all the stuff you never considered asking about The Church because you don't give a crap and you don't know who they are in the first place thread....

AKA indra's ode to that damned band she can't shut up about....

I was planning on waiting to post this until the band's new album was released, but that has recently been pushed back from Sept. to Feb. Besides, I can discuss The Church incessently for six months easy. And perhaps drag a few of you kicking and screaming into Church fan land. (I need replacements -- Steve told me I wasn't allowed to strangle any current Church fans without replacing them with fresh meat. Spoil sport. )

A little blurb about them -- courtesy of All Music Guide:

"Best known for the shimmering "Under the Milky Way," their lone Top 40 hit, the Australian band the Church combined the jangling guitar pop of '60s icons like the Byrds with the opaque wordplay of frontman Steve Kilbey to create a lush, melancholy brand of neo-psychedelia rich in texture and melody."

Yep, they are that Under The Milky Way band, and some might also know The Unguarded Moment, Almost With You, Reptile, and Metropolis.

And for someone who can ramble on and on and on about this band I am suddenly unable to come up with anything else. Of course it's 6:30 am here, I've been up all night, and the dog has to pee.

Never fear...I'll post more later.
wow i am glad i found this thread. I love the church!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #470
ONE
love, blood, life

Hiya bob! I'm glad you found the thread too.

Videos for the song Easy.

First one is the single edit of the song. Second is the album cut.

single edit version

album edit

I generally hate videos, but these are kinda fun. Reminds me of the tour, which they should I guess since that's where the footage is from.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #471
'

Local Time: 03:39 AM
you have beast w two backs?
Old 11-11-2006, 02:40 AM   #472
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Hiya bob! I'm glad you found the thread too.

Videos for the song Easy.

First one is the single edit of the song. Second is the album cut.

single edit version

album edit

I generally hate videos, but these are kinda fun. Reminds me of the tour, which they should I guess since that's where the footage is from.
What a great pop song, I remember being blown away when I heard it live, and worth it just to hear SK say "Easy, baby"

So, Indra, any of your camera work in the vid? And which chicky babe are you???
Old 11-11-2006, 09:27 AM   #473
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by bob dylan
you have beast w two backs?
Back With two Beasts -- yep, I do. Excellent album

Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl

What a great pop song, I remember being blown away when I heard it live, and worth it just to hear SK say "Easy, baby"

So, Indra, any of your camera work in the vid? And which chicky babe are you???
It's is a pretty cool little song, isn't it? Just imagine answering the phone one evening and having that voice say "you've been a very naughty girl again, haven't you?" :swoon:

There actually might be two very quick snippets of the footage I took in the shorter video. The two it might be are a quick shot of MWP pretty near the beginning and then another quick shot of Steve close to the end. Both are black and white (or very faintly tinted) and they seem to be at the right angle for it to be what I took in Cincy. The hard thing is they are both close up shots so I can't see anything in the background to tell me for sure where it was taken. There is a shot at the end from Cincy, but it was taken from one of PV's cameras in the back. It shows PK and MWP and back of the stage is a brick wall (that bit is also in black and white).

No footage of me though...I make sure to stay out of range of any cameras.

Oh, noticed this in Stevie's blog today:

Quote:

today the c. is going in studio
a beautiful studio
full of nice olde fashioned things
make a little record
not THE record
just a little record
Yay!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 02:15 AM   #474
Refugee

Hey guys!

Very happy today that I gots me tickets for SK & MWP gig in Melbourne on December 13, yay I have a feeling that it's going to be one amazing show!!

Now I just have to figure out which of the Church gigs (with the Pretenders) I can make it to in the new year!

BTW .. blueeyedgirl, if you are reading this I read that you're going to U2's Melbourne II show! Do you have GA tix?? Maybe I will see you there, it'd be nice to say hi and have a MWP appreciation chat!!!

(I might wear my Church 'magnetic strip' tour t-shirt, just in case !)
Old 11-14-2006, 10:24 PM   #475
Acrobat

.....BEG has gone off MWP...its the 'tach.....she doesnt like the 'tach....fickle i know but thats BEG for you.....

.......(reptile running and looking for place to hide).....

Old 11-15-2006, 12:20 AM   #476
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Try PLEBA, they're really quiet there

Yes TranceEnding I will be in GA with a Melb friend of mine. A Choich t-shirt will probably be the easiest way to spot you in amongst 60,000 people!!! (reptile will be hiding in A-reserve )
Old 11-15-2006, 04:26 AM   #477
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by reptile
.....BEG has gone off MWP...its the 'tach.....she doesnt like the 'tach....fickle i know but thats BEG for you.....

.......(reptile running and looking for place to hide).....

at first I was a little

but I finally cottoned on to what you were talking about

Personally, I rather like the moustache but then, I'm easily pleased
Old 11-15-2006, 04:36 AM   #478
Refugee

blueeyedgirl on Sunday I have GA tix at Gate 7, so if you're there too and see me with my Choichy (haha) tshirt on, come say hi!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:16 AM   #479
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Ah, TranceEnding, meet reptile, long time AWOL but suddenly today he's popping up everywhere

I haven't seen the tache yet, U2 is kinda all-consuming this week , is it OK?

I don't know what gate I have yet, the tix are in Melb, but I will try to keep an eye out for you!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #480
Refugee

Ahhh, hello Mr Reptile pleased to meet you!

Oh! The tache, haha .. when I first saw IT in Melbourne, I thought (FRIGHT!! ) who are YOU and what have you done with Marty!!

But, it grew on me as the night wore on and eventually, I thought hmmmmmm ... that looks good! In a pirate-y sort of way, haha

Anyway, it'd be fun to catch up on sunday - ya never know!!! Hey, are you guys seeing SK/MWP in Adelaide???? Or any of the Churchy shows in the new year??

Oh! And have an awesome time tonight!

Yay!