The everything you ever wanted to know about The Church but were afraid to ask thread - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2006, 03:54 AM   #436
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:11 PM
Church at the Gov

Its tonight!

Am meeting BEG and others (yes weve managed to drag a few along with us this time!) soonish for pre-show drinks before attending the Church gig at the Gov. South Australia.
Ive just purchased the new album and guess what? My cd player packed in! Refused to play it! I did hear some songs last night however as they were on tv; Live at the basement, in sydney. It certainly does seem like a nice meld of old and new church sounds. One song in particular was ripped straight off of 'Seance' Im not sure what the new song was called but listen to 'I wonder why' from seance........

Old 09-30-2006, 06:20 AM   #437
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

And it was last night!!!!

2 hours and a teeny bit and I thought it was great! A few technical hiccups to start with (and I was watching MWP with interest here ) but once they sorted out "how to rock'n'roll again, how to rock, how to roll" or words to that effect (and some wag I happen to know said something about "what about the 'n' ???" , they really got into it. I thought the band were on good form and really enjoying it, and yes MWP is GREAT fun to watch! I had no idea SK was feeling poorly, he seemed fine. And I didn't realise they were the multi-intrumentalists they are, MWP on drums! SK on keyboards! MWP on bass! TP on guitar! PK on guitar!

Great set list too, and Reptile second song up! (someone was a happy chappy ) And the new single is brilliant! Should be a hit!

Yep, good night!

Old 10-01-2006, 04:34 AM   #438
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl
And it was last night!!!!

2 hours and a teeny bit and I thought it was great! A few technical hiccups to start with (and I was watching MWP with interest here ) but once they sorted out "how to rock'n'roll again, how to rock, how to roll" or words to that effect (and some wag I happen to know said something about "what about the 'n' ???" , they really got into it. I thought the band were on good form and really enjoying it, and yes MWP is GREAT fun to watch! I had no idea SK was feeling poorly, he seemed fine. And I didn't realise they were the multi-intrumentalists they are, MWP on drums! SK on keyboards! MWP on bass! TP on guitar! PK on guitar!

Great set list too, and Reptile second song up! (someone was a happy chappy ) And the new single is brilliant! Should be a hit!

Yep, good night!
I'm so glad you had such a good time!

They do seem to be enjoying themselves a lot more now and that is really cool to see. I heard that MWP and PK were especially delighted to finally plug in the amps and let rip! I think it's been a couple of years since they last did an electric show.

Steve has really learned to turn on when he gets out on stage. At one show I went to a cop walked in during the show and walked along the side of the crowd (and he also later came down into the band's lounge area and just kind of looked over the place. Kinda creepy). The next day SK asked me. "did you see the cop walk in last night?" I said Yeah, I did! And I know this sounds horrible but my first thought when I saw him was 'Oh christ, please don't arrest Steve...at least not until the show is over!' " And SK said "That's just what I thought too! That just killed the vibe." But you know, it didn't. For SK it very well might have, but you couldn't tell from the way he performed (and that's what I told him).

The instrument switching is pretty cool, isn't it? Seems as if they did it even more for you guys than they did for us! I remember watching one show and thinking "how many bands can do this? Especially in a live situation?" I mean they do it all the time when they are writing the songs and recording, but playing the various instruments live is very impressive.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:57 AM   #439
Refugee

Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl

and Reptile second song up! (someone was a happy chappy )
Reptile ...

Sounds wonderful .... 12 days to go now for me!

Not that I'm counting or anything
Old 10-11-2006, 04:15 AM   #440
Refugee

Only approximately 73 hours and 20 minutes to go now

ahahaha

Have just been watching (again) the Live at the Basement gig that I taped off the telly ... very excited now!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:30 AM   #441
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by TranceEnding
Only approximately 73 hours and 20 minutes to go now

ahahaha

Have just been watching (again) the Live at the Basement gig that I taped off the telly ... very excited now!
I'm so excited for you! I have to respond to your email (and reptile's and blueeyedgirl's too) I've been such a slacker!). I need to get to bed (have to get up in just a few hours ), but will try to get it to you tomorrow.

Oh and did you see where SK mentioned PV (aka Pablo aka Paul) in his blog? (it was a few days ago) PV is very very nice -- you know, now that I think of it he was the very first Church fan I met in person.

I just watched the Live at the Basement gig tonight too! I talked to SK tonight and he asked what I thought of it (talk about pressure! ). I told him two things -- first that it obviously isn't going to completely capture the feel of actaully being there, and secondly that I thought that they were better by the time I got to see them towards the end of the US tour. I was very pleased when he said "Yeah! The Basement show is like giving someone food from a recipe you haven't quite perfected." I wouldn't go quite that far as I really enjoy it, but they are even better since then.

And I learned that there is something which might be very interesting in the works...in fact I think they are supposed do much of it tomorrow! Of course it might never get released, but it sounds really cool. So even though I can't tell you what it is right now, send good vibes off so it turns out well and gets released!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:26 AM   #442
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

And I learned that there is something which might be very interesting in the works...in fact I think they are supposed do much of it tomorrow! Of course it might never get released, but it sounds really cool. So even though I can't tell you what it is right now, send good vibes off so it turns out well and gets released!
uh-k ... mind boggles, haha .. but .. OK! I'll do my best

*sending good vibes* zzzzzzzzz

Sorry Indra ... I've been out in the sun today (it's sooooo hot!) so I think my brains a bit fried at the moment!

Yeah, I think I know what you mean about the Basement gig .. but hey, I'm easily pleased But you're absolutely right, nothing touches seeing them in person!

Tell Steve though next time that this time 'round, the tears were welling up when he started singing 'Invisible' on the Basement gig

Actually (I feel like such a traitor!) but the show did appear to start off a bit wonky ... but I could see myself that as it progressed, it did get better.

But yeah, absolutely, I can imagine by the time you got to see them recently, they would of been in full flight!

I just sort of cottoned on that the Melbourne gig will be the final one on this tour! So it might be something extra special!! I am soooo looking forward to it, believe me!

Oh yeah .. you can write me anytime you like, that's fine! I know what it's like to be super busy (and a super slacker, too, haha ) I'm looking forward to it anyway!!

Cheers my friend
Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 AM   #443
Refugee

arrrrhhhh .. going to check Steve's blog now Sorry, forgot to mention that bit! It's such a dangerous place to go I get stuck there for hours!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:54 AM   #444
Refugee

OMG! The reviews people have been posting on HotelWomb say the boys have been doing

Is this Where You Live?

arrrhhhh
Old 10-14-2006, 01:08 AM   #445
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Have a good night!!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 02:02 AM   #446
Refugee

thanks m'dear! Very excited at the moment!

Just realised I say 'arrrrrhhhh' quite alot! haha

Old 10-15-2006, 05:08 AM   #447
Refugee

Is it just me , or was that quite possibly one of the most INCREDIBLE concerts performed last night in Melbourne?!?!!?

There's so much to say and yet, when you come to say it, you're speechless!

Yes! It was THAT good .. but good is not a good enough word

Thanks guys! You've finally rendered me speechless! haha

More later .. feeling too overwhelmed at the moment!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:01 AM   #448
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh! I'm so thrilled the show was so good. I saw your comment on SK's blog too.

You know I think I've seen and heard more of the "best ever!" comments in the past year or so for the guys. It's as if they are really coming into their own now and in a lot of ways I really think they are. I remember standing in the back of the hall in Cleveland in August and being kind of overwhelmed by how much I love this band. It was quite an experience.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:07 AM   #449
ONE
love, blood, life

And in the Church triva department:

Steve's little girls Eve and Aurora had birthdays on Oct. 15. They are seven. And his newest little one, Scarlet, has her first birthday on Oct. 17.

So happy birthday to the doodles and the baby bumper!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:43 AM   #450
Refugee

Today's blog made me cry! (again!) but it was funny too Still feeling a bit overwhelmed!! Yes, definately some magic in the air in Melbourne!

I am sooooo there on Friday night anyway!

Me too, everytime I see the guys, my heart fills up with so much love for them, like you re-discover it all over again! It's just that this time 'round, it's been magnified a million times!

Awwww .. that's the sweetest .. SKs bubs birthdays in the space of a few days! I so love their names too!

ha, thinking about my next comment for the blog .. but it's hard to find good enough words!