The everything you ever wanted to know about The Church but were afraid to ask thread - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #406
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cleazer
Indy?
Yep.

Old 08-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #407
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:02 AM
crap, I just realized this is tomorrow, are you still going?

Old 08-15-2006, 05:12 AM   #408
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
crap, I just realized this is tomorrow, are you still going?
Yep. You?

And the reviews (well except for a few "whinging bastards" ) are excellent!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #409
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:02 AM
Don't have a ticket yet, but I'm planning on it. Is there any chance of it selling out?

If you want, drop me an e-mail. (I'm not a premium member, so I can't pm or e-mail you.)
Old 08-16-2006, 04:44 AM   #410
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Don't have a ticket yet, but I'm planning on it. Is there any chance of it selling out?

If you want, drop me an e-mail. (I'm not a premium member, so I can't pm or e-mail you.)
Sorry, didn't see this...I was must have been packing to leave when you posted.

Steve said it didn't trancend, but I thought it was a wonderful show. Hard to believe it was acoustic (well, SK's bass was electric) -- the guys really rock! I loved the versions they did of Grind and Invisible -- two of my favourite songs. On AENT Invisible is a very quiet song, but here it was astonishing (and loud!) Wow.

I was really stressed about going before I went (I tend to be nervous about meeting people and just public places in general), but I had the best time! And I get to do it again tomorrow (and the next day and the next day....)

God, I love this band!

Oh and Zwack Unicum is amazing stuff!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:28 AM   #411
Refugee

Local Time: 09:02 PM
-sigh!!-

Happy Church holiday Indra!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:07 PM   #412
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:32 PM
Yay Indra!
Old 08-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #413
ONE
love, blood, life

And now for the really important update -- the one about ME!

Everyone in the band, Rob (Dickinson -- the opener), and the crew (all women btw -- YES! Those women will keep them in line!) all know me and even remember my name. And EVERYONE is soooo nice. And funny. Oh my god they are funny!

You know how I've been whining (or whinging for you Aussies ) about probably never getting to see a Marty solo acoustic show? Well at sound check yesterday Steve and Peter were late (radio interview I think) so Marty played several of his songs. It was like a mini concert.

I got a song (Neil Diamond's "Holly Holy") done for me (by the whole band) in sound check, with a few lyrics slightly altered.

I got roped into filming for them (for a potential dvd release). Luckily I had only one of several cameras, so there should be decent footage.

And most importantly -- two kisses on the cheek and a very, very nice hug.

And now I'm off to the next three shows.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #414
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Old 08-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #415
ONE
love, blood, life

Full electric shows for you folks in Australia. They should be loads of fun. But you guys don't get Rob Dickinson. Nah nah nah.

And I got to watch the cover of the Easy single being photographed (at 1:30 am in Cincinnati of all places). At least it was set to be the cover at that time. I think it will be kinda cool.

Quote:
Fresh from a pivotal five week US tour culminating in a sold-out show at the American Music Hall in San Francisco, the church arrive in Australia for a theatre tour that brings an end to the last two years of “intimate and acoustic” concerts.

Electric and dynamically explosive – the new album “ Uninvited, Like The Clouds” finally gets its full launch at home, four months after its critically acclaimed release through Liberation.

"the church are, at heart and their best, psychedelic electricians, and their full-volume shows in recent years have been ringing endorsements for their stubborn longevity."
- David Fricke, Rolling Stone USA (Live at Irving Plaza, 10 August 2006)

Having fully explored the “acoustic re-invention” of songs old and new, with their 2004 CD “ El Momento Descuidado”, the church return to full electric mode in support of their latest offering “Uninvited, Like The Clouds”.

“Uninvited, Like The Clouds” has received adoring praise all around the world and the band’s acoustic album launches here in June were completely sold out.

"This album, arriving in the 26th year of their career, is a triumph from the beginning ... It distils every facet of their distinctive sound without necessarily borrowing from their classic songs, whether it is their dreamy, hypnotic art rock or psychedelic pop rock.
- Kathy McCabe DAILY TELEGRAPH SYDNEY - 4/5 STARS

the church – magnetic strip tour coincides with the release a new four track single “Easy” which features three exclusive live acoustic tracks: Day 5 (‘the new album’s most timeless moment’) and two classics from the band’s 26 year catalogue – “Constant in Opal” and “Its No Reason” – the latter a seldom performed favourite.

Another “sometimes not included”, but greater favourite “ Under The Milky Way”, saw its performance of a lifetime when the band combined with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra to open the Commonwealth Games earlier this year.

Joining the church – magnetic strip tour as special guests will be Sydney’s The Valentinos. Hitchcock’s Regret front man Mark Moldre will also join the line-up in Sydney and Melbourne.

the church – magnetic strip tour dates

Fri Sept 29th ADELAIDE – GOVERNOR HINDMARSH
Support: The Valentinos
Sat Sept 30th SYDNEY – REVESBY WORKERS, WHITLAM THEATRE
Support: TBA
Fri Oct 6th EUMUNDI - JOE’S WATERHOLE
The Valentinos
Sat Oct 7th BRISBANE - THE TIVOLI THEATRE
Support: The Valentinos
Fri Oct 13th SYDNEY - THE ENMORE THEATRE
Support: Mark Moldre & The Valentinos
Sat Oct 14th MELBOURNE - THE NATIONAL THEATRE
Supports: Mark Moldre & The Valentinos
Old 08-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #416
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Was just talking to an AWOL poster last night about marking dates in diaries.....

Glad to hear you had a bonza (aussie speak there ) time Indra!
Old 08-25-2006, 05:23 AM   #417
Refugee

OH ... MY ... GODDESS!!!!!! haha

Hey, I just found out about the Australian tour news myself and was about to post the dates!!!

This is such awesome news .. I'm soooo over the moon!!!

I just got my tax return in the mail today too, ahahahahaha (evil laugh ) so it's going to come in very useful, heehee. I would so love to go to an interstate show as well, but hmmmm .. which one?!?!

Soooooooooooo happy right now!!!!

Sounds like you had the bestest time Indra !!!

Excuse me while I go do my happy dance!
Old 08-27-2006, 02:28 AM   #418
ONE
love, blood, life

TranceEnding -- you don't happen to be on Hotel Womb too do you?
Old 08-27-2006, 06:59 AM   #419
Refugee

Yes

over there, I'm tigerseye ...

and you?!?!

Hmmm .. I've asked if anyone knows when the tix go on sale for this tour .. I just can't find any info at all And it's weird, because I know at least one show (in Sydney) have tickets on sale already!

Do you have any idea by any chance?! I'm a terrible worrier!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:02 AM   #420
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by TranceEnding
Yes

over there, I'm tigerseye ...

and you?!?!

Hmmm .. I've asked if anyone knows when the tix go on sale for this tour .. I just can't find any info at all And it's weird, because I know at least one show (in Sydney) have tickets on sale already!

Do you have any idea by any chance?! I'm a terrible worrier!
I thought so! Excellent!

I'm miloguidosmom there. MiloGuido is one of my cats -- Milo when he is good; Guido when he is bad.

The dates have just barely been set from what I understand, so I imagine most ticketing info is not yet ready. I would just keep an eye out, but not worry too much. There won't be any great crush of people in line when tickets go on sale. I will keep watching for info and if I get any will let you know. Trust me, I'll make sure you know when tickets go on sale.

The Church is a band that tends to do things off the cuff -- apparently they usually only made hotel reservations a few days out (if that) for each stop in the US. Well...in Milwaukee there were NO hotel rooms. The band and crew slept on the floor of the club after the show. It's an ok little club, but not set up for sleeping. I bet that was a restful night. (the club manager did post a comment on SK's blog thanking them for being so lovely in such trying circumstances. I thought that was pretty amazing)

A few of us who had decided to just wing it and stay where ever the band had rooms that night were also without rooms, but we were able to drive back towards Chicago and managed to find a couple of rooms (one room at two different hotels) midway between the cities. The band couldn't do that of course because they had to catch a flight to San Francisco the next morning. Makes for a great story anyway.