The Esses, Mount Panorama, Bathurst, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I meant to hate Meatloaf or something?

I've no strong feelings about him either way, though it amuses me that my Nan wants Bat Out Of Hell played at her funeral.

Only because you made such a fuss of it yourself in the paragraph! I could just as easily have mentioned Simon and Garfunkel (awesome song) or Peter Gabriel or the Dresden Dolls or something. :wink:

Good point, but I only went out of my way to mention that to the extent I did in the paragraph because EVERYONE harped on it while they were listening to it :lol:. It's actually a copy of a post I wrote in the Running Diary thread :shh:

I've no strong feelings about him either way, though it amuses me that my Nan wants Bat Out Of Hell played at her funeral.

I think it's just a general feeling on this website that everyone is meant to hate Meat Loaf :wink:

Except for me.

Wait... that was a Celine Dion song?!

From the last thread:

No no, technically he covered a Celine Dion song...but the song was originally written for him, he just didn't have time to record it when it was presnted to him (Apparently I imagine Meat Loaf as a king who is "presented" with songs from lowly writers [Jim Steinman]). Celine was given it, she recorded it, made it a hit, and now that Meat Loaf has finally returned to the song, everyone's all like, wtf why is meat Loaf covering Celine :angry:

OK, so I'm an ignoramus when it comes to some fields of popular culture, and while I have heard of William Shatner, I genuinely have no real idea who he is or what he's done.

I dunno, Ashley seems to think everyone does!

I would love to be a fly on the wall at that funeral.

Good point, but I only went out of my way to mention that to the extent I did in the paragraph because EVERYONE harped on it while they were listening to it :lol:. It's actually a copy of a post I wrote in the Running Diary thread :shh:

I'm quite fond of Mr Loaf, although I don't have any of his CDs. When I got my first CD player (which I still have), over 10 years ago, the guy in the store put a Meat Loaf CD in there to show me how it sounded. I think the track that played was "I Would Do Anything For Love...", and I love that intro. :up:

OK, so I'm an ignoramus when it comes to some fields of popular culture, and while I have heard of William Shatner, I genuinely have no real idea who he is or what he's done.

William Shatner was Captain Kirk on the original Star Trek series.

He now lives a self-parody of himself, is a super cool dude, and is on the greatest show ever - Boston Legal

This is him in two sentences...it hardly does him justice.

I'm quite fond of Mr Loaf, although I don't have any of his CDs. When I got my first CD player (which I still have), over 10 years ago, the guy in the store put a Meat Loaf CD in there to show me how it sounded. I think the track that played was "I Would Do Anything For Love...", and I love that intro. :up:

I dont' think it's HATRED or anything of Meat Loaf, I just don't think you're supposed to be PROUD of liking him :lol:.

"I Would Do Anything For Love..." :drool:

Dear WinAmp,

Go fuck yourself. I just arranged Ashley's list in order and YOU DIE ON ME.

No love,
Ax

I dont' think it's HATRED or anything of Meat Loaf, I just don't think you're supposed to be PROUD of liking him :lol:.

"I Would Do Anything For Love..." :drool:

He went on a show here called Hey Hey It's Saturday, when that song came out, and performed it on the show... except he screwed up the lyrics in like the second line, and made the band stop and start over... I don't think he believed them when they said it was going to air live :lol:

Oh My God William Shatner has a youtube account:

Welcome to the real life adventures of William Shatner. From driving race cars to flying in experimental aircraft; actor William Shatner has done it all. Now he is sharing his life with you and taking cameras where they have never been allowed before. Get an insider's view of life from Bill Shatner's perspective.

William Shatner was Captain Kirk on the original Star Trek series.

He now lives a self-parody of himself, is a super cool dude, and is on the greatest show ever - Boston Legal

This is him in two sentences...it hardly does him justice.

Ah, now keep in mind that I have never consciously watched Boston Legal and I have seen more of Star Trek on Simpsons parodies than I have actually seen of the show itself.

He went on a show here called Hey Hey It's Saturday, when that song came out, and performed it on the show... except he screwed up the lyrics in like the second line, and made the band stop and start over... I don't think he believed them when they said it was going to air live :lol:

I fully believe he would do something like that...completely aware that it was live. That' sjust how the Loaf rolls.

Ah, now keep in mind that I have never consciously watched Boston Legal and I have seen more of Star Trek on Simpsons parodies than I have actually seen of the show itself.

When I say he lives a self-parody of himself, I mean it. If "Captain Kirk" has ever been on The Simpsons. You are most likely hearing the real deal William Shatner. He is just cool like that. He doesn't shy away from what he was at all.

In FACT>

There's something called the Star Trek Shatner-verse. Why? Because He has written a series of Star Trek Fiction books...THAT'S WHY.

Way to procrastinate, Alison... Instead of packing clothes and other necessary things for the holiday that I'm leaving for TOMORROW, I'm sitting here thinking about CDs I can put in the hire car, and whether it would be wrong to put the best bits of Captive and Absolution on the same CD, or whether I should put both of them whole on separate CDs, or whether I should just not bother burning them, cos I already have TONNES of CDs and it's not like we're going to be spending that long in the car... and of course I have to rearrange the CDs I do want to take into one CD case ... and I have to rearrange my mp3 player too...

Priorities, anyone??

:reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom