The Esses, Mount Panorama, Bathurst, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True but U2 are my favourites by far, so i would want as many as possible. Surely if i came to Melbourne that could attract you :flirt:

Yeah, now that I've moved on from post-Lovetown U2 the incentive for me to see the band just isn't there like it used to be. I'm certainly more motivated to see PT these days. But given the Aussie Posse we already have, plus the people like yourself who might show up, I imagine going to a Melbourne gig would be pretty fun. And I would not even hesitate to see the band if they ever play Wellington again.

Hey don't be so sexist!!!! I'm a chick and I love my racing. :angry:

Haha, I've actually managed to get my mother, who is apathetic about any non-AFL sport, to somewhat care about Bathurst. I don't know how I managed that.

*wallop*

Oh sorry, you wanted someone to TALK sense into you... not THUMP sense... sorry :wink:

Shall I go into details about how good that pizza on Friday night was? The hot melted cheese with the hint of crispiness on top... the succulent toppings under the cheese... the zingy tomato paste stuff... :drool:

:lol:

... damn you, now I may have to make another pizza. Well, I suppose the aftertaste of the one I did end up making will have to do.

And Ax, you have to go to a U2 show next year, and do your Adam'fro impersonation! :lol:

Oh, true. Can I count on you paying for my airfare to Europe so I can actually attend a show? :wink:

Haha, I've actually managed to get my mother, who is apathetic about any non-AFL sport, to somewhat care about Bathurst. I don't know how I managed that.
Onya! I actually managed to explain cricket to my late Dad, and he was a wog. He even understood the lbw rule!

Onya! I actually managed to explain cricket to my late Dad, and he was a wog. He even understood the lbw rule!

Wow, impressive! Cricket's the other sport I've managed to get Mum into. She didn't give a shit until one day my Nan fell ill when I was about 14 and couldn't take me to a New Zealand versus South Africa game at the 'Gabba. So Mum reluctantly accompanied me. The game just happened to be that tri-series one where NZ looked sure to lose until Chris Cairns bashed an epic century. My mother was converted on the spot. :lol:

Wow, impressive! Cricket's the other sport I've managed to get Mum into. She didn't give a shit until one day my Nan fell ill when I was about 14 and couldn't take me to a New Zealand versus South Africa game at the 'Gabba. So Mum reluctantly accompanied me. The game just happened to be that tri-series one where NZ looked sure to lose until Chris Cairns bashed an epic century. My mother was converted on the spot. :lol:
Nice! There were 3 sports my Dad and I would watch together on the telly: motor racing, football (the real sort), and cricket, and I lost interest in cricket before he did :wink: I must say Bathurst is not the same without him there :( but he woulda loved all the safety cars! :lol:

Nice! There were 3 sports my Dad and I would watch together on the telly: motor racing, football (the real sort), and cricket, and I lost interest in cricket before he did :wink: I must say Bathurst is not the same without him there :( but he woulda loved all the safety cars! :lol:

Sport is pretty much the only thing my father and I can agree on. Politics, life, all that, we're at loggerheads, but we both follow the rugby, soccer, cricket, car racing, and he even tries to care about AFL. Every phone call we have is pretty much dominated by sport because it means the conversation is enjoyable rather than uncomfortable-tending-combative. :lol:

I know that feeling (you know, mother-daughter thing :wink: ).

Where did everyone else go, was it the mention of the supercars???? oh and Ax, did ya watch the Yank Kath and Kim? I couldn't go there, I'm already watching one bad remake with Top Gear Australia :mad:

oh and Ax, did ya watch the Yank Kath and Kim? I couldn't go there, I'm already watching one bad remake with Top Gear Australia :mad:

I don't like Kath & Kim in the first place, and the ads during Bathurst were enough to make me puke. I was also terribly amused that they were advertising a Boyzone greatest hits during the car racing. Do revheads secretly dig boy bands or something?

And Top Gear Australia can piss off. As I have remarked before, "Top Gear Australia is not Top Gear, just Australia, and now Australia is synonymous with torture."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom