The Esses, Mount Panorama, Bathurst, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time I haven't had a mad crush on Edge was during TJT, and even then I still had a crush. Edge is the only man with long hair that has still made my heart all a flutter

Have I pleba'd it up enough for you for one day? :p

... but he looks old enough to be your father from about 1999 onwards, and the less said about creepy paedophile cowboy Popmart Edge, the better.

I don't get U2 fangirls.

In fact, I just don't get U2 fans.

Especially not U2 setlist fans. Fucking wackos.

So it's the company that keeps you in a U2 forum :wink:

You can not , i won't let you :shame:

LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM

Well, and the fact I still love everything U2 did up to and including Lovetown, and selected stuff since then. But since U2 in the public imagination is "that band that did One, Beautiful Day, and Vertigo", then no, I don't like that U2 one bit.

Oh, Lame Bean!

... but he looks old enough to be your father from about 1999 onwards, and the less said about creepy paedophile cowboy Popmart Edge, the better.

I don't get U2 fangirls.

If you haven't noticed, most of the celebs I have crushes on are OLDER than my father:

The Edge, Kevin Spacey, Liam Neeson, James Spader (guy on the left in my sig), Hugh Laurie, Hugh Grant, Colin Firth...it goes on.

If you haven't noticed, most of the celebs I have crushes on are OLDER than my father:

The Edge, Kevin Spacey, Liam Neeson, James Spader (guy on the left in my sig), Hugh Laurie, Hugh Grant, Colin Firth...it goes on.

... and you see no problem with this?

You see, it has always mystified me how so many old blokes manage to get pretty young female partners.

(Edit: I meant 'pretty' as a modifier of 'young', not 'female', but I guess it works both ways!)

Last edited:

I don't get U2 fangirls.

Baldness aside, I think Edge has probably aged best (ie, least) out of the lot of them.

*totallydoesn'talsohaveabitofanEdgecrushatall*

... and you see no problem with this?

You see, it has always mystified me how so many old blokes manage to get pretty young female partners.

(Edit: I meant 'pretty' as a modifier of 'young', not 'female', but I guess it works both ways!)

See the above post from Wild.

The ladies just like older men Ax :p

EDIT: I was actually referring to Wild's post about men in their 40-somethings. But the post right above this one is applicable as well.

What you can't pull them or you just don't understand their passion for the boys??

I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

Though in general I'm not keen on people being over-eager for anything. It seems Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree attracts the most overly enthusiastic fangirls who make me mildly uncomfortable. No, SW's voice does not unlock some fantastic hitherto unknown dimension, girls ... :uhoh:

At least I can't say that, my father being in his eighties.

(That's eighty-thousands for you, Ax.)

But older men FTW, totally. :hi5:

Though in general I'm not keen on people being over-eager for anything. It seems Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree attracts the most overly enthusiastic fangirls who make me mildly uncomfortable. No, SW's voice does not unlock some fantastic hitherto unknown dimension, girls ... :uhoh:

You mean groupies :wink:

Baldness aside, I think Edge has probably aged best (ie, least) out of the lot of them.

I thought Larry was the one who found the fountain of eternal youth? Or was it just the fountain of hair grease?

The Axverian opinion on how old the members of U2 presently look:
Larry: 45
Bono: 55
Edge: 60
Adam: 82

SW fangirls freak you out more than all the Bono fangirls? Is that just cos of your own SW fandom? (Which I'm not suggesting is anything on the level of the abovementioned fangirls.)

I thought Larry was the one who found the fountain of eternal youth? Or was it just the fountain of hair grease?

Larry is looking TERRIBLE these days. I think everything's finally catching up to him. I think Adam actually looks pretty good these days, though everything he was into definitely caught up to HIM. Bono...well...Ugh Idon't even know how to feel about him cause he won't take off those damned sunglasses. Seriously dude, youre rich, get some corrective surgery on that shit. Edge though, I think Edge looks his age.

I think Larry might have stabbed his portrait some time around ATYCLB, actually.

And if I had a recent pic of my dad, I'd prove you wrong... although I don't think he looks bad for 82.

You see, my perspective, is, well, my MOTHER is in her forties. Not attractive, you know? Not to say my mother isn't attractive. I think she's aged well. But I mean, I can't find myself attracted to somebody who physically reminds me of my mother/her age. Hell, even mid-30s is too old in Axver terms.

And on a totally different topic, goddamnit, Ashley, I'm up to the bloody Stones.

Larry is looking TERRIBLE these days. I think everything's finally catching up to him. I think Adam actually looks pretty good these days, though everything he was into definitely caught up to HIM. Bono...well...Ugh Idon't even know how to feel about him cause he won't take off those damned sunglasses. Seriously dude, youre rich, get some corrective surgery on that shit. Edge though, I think Edge looks his age.

:up:

i agree about Larry. The others when i met them this year just look their ages to me..

Although Bono's face is very soft, I had abrief Un-sunglassed moment:drool:

I never forget when NI was asked " Is that your daughter" , it was me :lmao:

One Day Axver, you will realize how fantastic the Stones are, and all of life will suddenly unfold before you in colors and music that you have never experienced before.

SW fangirls freak you out more than all the Bono fangirls? Is that just cos of your own SW fandom? (Which I'm not suggesting is anything on the level of the abovementioned fangirls.)

Hah, no, because they really are so over-the-top. That thing about accessing a new dimension is what one female SW fan said to be on IM. I ... carefully changed the topic.

I've quite intentionally not tried to get too into PT/SW fandom beyond the music, because I've found the more I've known about a musician and the more I've gotten involved in the fan community, the less I've liked their music. Whether there's any causation or just correlation is kind of irrelevant to me - I've already lost U2 and Dream Theater and I don't intend on it happening again!

I wish Khan was here to back me up. Damnit, Khan, come back to the Superthreads! :grumpy:

I've quite intentionally not tried to get too into PT/SW fandom beyond the music, because I've found the more I've known about a musician and the more I've gotten involved in the fan community, the less I've liked their music. Whether there's any causation or just correlation is kind of irrelevant to me - I've already lost U2 and Dream Theater and I don't intend on it happening again!

This is precisely why I want to be an album virgin. The only U2 album for which I was a fan and present online and involved in all the hype and lead-up and whatever else, was ATYCLB, and I'm sure you know how I feel about that album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom