The EPL/Nationwide League Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Might as well.

The Nationwide season has just kicked off. Ipswich managed a last-gasp draw against Reading at Portman Road last week, hopefully we'll do better against Crewe away tonight.

The English Premier League is starting tonight. It's an interesting set of fixtures - *** United play Bolton, who beat them twice at Old Trafford in the past two seasons, and Arsenal play Everton, who began their horrible run of results in the middle of last season. Plus how fun is this - poor Pompey will play Aston Villa without Svetoslav Todorov. Ouch. Still, I think Ayiebeni and Sheringham do have the goods to beat the crap out of Viller.

score update:

Thierry Henry pen. for Arsenal, 1-0

Leicester 2 up against S'oton

Pompey beat Villa, Brum beat Spurs (yay!)

Sunderland are still fuckin' crap

Nodge are 2-0 up against Rotherham (agrh)

M** Yoo just scored - Ryan Giggs freekick

Ipswich still 0-0 against Crewe. Damn. Come on you Blues!

My team, as always, will be Liverpool.

And so far we've lost to Chelsea (congrats, MVD) and drew with Villa yesterday. We're clearly not looking like championship contendors, YET AGAIN!

Houllier out

So far Town has been crap thus far. Two points from three, two goals (one of them a penalty, amusingly enough) and we're currently being as shit as ever against Wigan tonight...won't be long before they get a goal, I reckon.

Arsenal have been doing fine though! :wink:

Last edited:
brilliant tactician though

you're a goal down through a dubious penalty in the fourth minute with your captain and main defender sent off

what do you do?

take off an attacking player and bring on Igor Biscan.

Zebras could have faced Real Madrid in the CL

ah, to reflect on those lost opportunities.

Man U-Rangers ought to be fairly interesting though, and I think Chelsea have a pretty easy group (despite losing to Lazio 2-0 in the pre-season).

:macdevil:

this alone may just convert me to Arsenal

163_cklein_030904_calvin_2.jpg

Oh my God! Pompey lost!! Noooooooooooooooooo!! Nevermind, it was going to happen sooner or later.

Town - That's more like it Yertle, 4-1. And you're getting good crowds as well.

As for Wolves - oh dear :reject:

I don't like the dingles, although it really does show how much class the big money teams have these days

and yes, I'm glad that if we had to stuff any team, it'd be MK

Back
Top Bottom