The EPL/Nationwide League Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he was rumoured to be coming down to my part of the world to play with one of our local sides

nothing came of it though

as for management, I say, go for it, who knows? Tony Adams is doing it, why not Stan?

btw, game's ended. 1-1. OK. great. now it's Burley's boys at PR. bring 'em on.

thought for the day: the fall of the mighty. Christopher Wreh, Double winner with Arsenal, now he can't even get into Bishop's Strotford. Ariel Ortega. Where on earth is he? Lee Sharpe, last heard of in Iceland (although he, like Stan, was linked to a move to a Singapore club, nothing coming of it). most of the Nigerian stars of '94 - Amokachi in particular, and of course Finidi - not a smart signing by George at all. And of course, the furthest fallen of all the fallen - Paul Gascoigne.

Bolton - tee hee hee, nice one!

And its too bad, so sad, bye bye to Man U - ha ha.

1-1 is a good result at Forest. You should have bags of confidence for Saturday. Hopefully you can keep it going for Norwich.

We're away at Middlesbrough, the second most boring team in the PL. It could be dire!

Apparently Gascoigne didn't return to Japan after being injured, he just upped and left without telling anyone.

Last edited:
what an odd game

gave away a bit of a dubious goal after taking the lead after 26 seconds (!) and then doubled it through an own goal

we had one of your boys against us - Bradbury playing alongside a certain Marcus Tudgay in attack

Brennar Woolley on Suffolk commentary put it nicely - "they're rubbish!"

plus our U-19s beat the scummers U-19 side

and the Blades slip up at Burnley (!) so now we're third, and if we win at the Den next week (possible) and Cardiff beat Norwich away (unlikely), we'll be in an automatic position (and above the Nadge too), but i think we ought not be counting our chickens too early like Wolves did a few seasons back - it's a tough division and anything can happen

the only doubt i have in the side really is Shefki Kuqi...he's not a bad player by any standard but he had an abysmal time with Sheffield Wednesday and he hasn't really been doing anything goal-wise for the past couple of games (his last was the penalty against Sheff U). personally I'd prefer the old Counago-Bent axis restored once Pablo's back from injury but time will tell.

great result for you in the Prem - I think the strikeforce are still a worry, but Boro have I think some of the best home form of the league so an away point isn't too bad

the title race looks mighty interesting now, just one point seperating the big three - it's turning into the SPL at the moment! part of me finds this very annoying, because what the hell, it's all that money talking, but i also find it very exciting to watch.

FA Cup draw is tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy that. who knows? Arsenal home? Man United away? more likely than not it will be non-league again, we had Morecambe last season, Dag & Red previously and Morecambe again before that. dream FA Cup tie though - home against Charlton. absolutely magnificent to have Matty and the Iceman back at Portman Road again, even if for the opposition. fingers crossed.

Up front is a real worry, especially when we dominated the first half and missed some clear cut chances. Our commentators were groaning at some of the misses. We've got to get someone when the transfer window opens. And we had Stoney sent off! We might have to start press-ganging.

It sounds like you guys are in cruise mode, you should be in for a great season. You can definitely win at Millwall, a draw at least I reckon.

I was thinking the samething about the EPL turning into the SPL. I find it very boring. But I've had a soft spot for Arsenal since they won the championship at Liverpool in the late 80's (ha ha!).

The third round draw for t'cup is great isn't it. And come on Burton Albion. Shame that Lincoln (my birthplace) got knocked out yesterday.

Now then, how did Total Network Solutions get on.........

Everton = back to type this season, I fear.

'tis the curse of finishing 7th the season before.

West Ham got it
Leicester
101 years of top flight football

let's see you in the Nationwide

no one likes them...and they don't care.

i can't remember the score when we went down last time (i think it was a 0-0) but when they came to our places we put 4 past them. Jamma's a Wall supporter but he scored against them last time round so I don't think there'll be any problems with him!

I think the Everton game for you is coming at the right time. It's a great chance to break the scoring duck at least, although I don't think Redknapp is going to start either Roberts and Pericard.

yes it's a bit like a mini-league at the top. it is interesting though, and the battle for fourth and the relegation battle (only ten points seperate the entire bottom half of the table) makes it very interesting indeed. unless boro is playing.

if Huckerby goes to Norwich I will do something violent

let's face it Huckerby = class, in Div One at least

we'll have more chance against Iwan Rubbish Roberts

come on you blues

derby weekend. *bites nails*

Big Fat Joe's Barmy Army!

I read you're in for Huckerby as well! I think he'll probably head to you guys unless he prefers to stick it out at City (quite possible when Keegan leaves, which can't be too far away). He wants a Premiership club after all. I wouldn't worry too much about being in the drop zone at this point in time - once the injuries stop (particularly Todorov) and you get a few new players in January you should be able to get the 40-45 points necessary to stay up.

I would say the problem with Chelsea seems to be Ranieri's oddball tactics, plus the fact Geremi and Melchiot don't seem to be that great.

Maybe they should recall Winston Bogarde...

why they ever bought geremi, i'll never know!

saying hes not that great is being generous!!!

i'm all nervous but yet so excited at the same time.

blue army!

i always love to sing the blues
when ipswich win
and norwich lose

stand up if you hate norwich!

we're going to win 5-0
we're going to win 5-0
we're going to win 5-0

At least we've got Roberts and Pericard back so we have options up front. And thanks for your encouraging words.

I agree that yours will be a real nailbiter, and it should be a cracking game. What time do you kick off? We're at 12.30.

we kick off half an hour earlier. i wonder how many ex-players will turn up - last season at carrot road bellamy, bramble and dyer showed up. i had a dream that we'd win 2-1 with ambrose scoring the winner, but 'twas not to be.

take Srnicek out of goal

he appears to be a liability

there are really only two players I'd say seperate you and the Saints - Beattie and Niemi

I'm quite pleased with our squad, truth be told. We've got problems with our backline due to injuries but the stand-ins are halfway decent. Plus we've got options everywhere - Mahon or Westlake? Kuqi or Counago? McGreal or Naylor? Bowditch ahead of Reuser on the bench? The mind boggles. We've signed Zema Abbey's brother to be our stand-in goalkeeper though from some non-league side, so I pray to God Kelvin keeps fit.

Back
Top Bottom