The EPL/Nationwide League Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There you go. EAZY my friend!
062802jumpie_prv.gif

could've been four

Westlake had a perfectly legit goal disallowed

ref was having quite a mare though

on the other side he dismissed two penalty claims by Sheffield United, one of which appeared to be a wrong call

but I'm not complaining

also very nice to have Shefki (on loan from the Wednesday of course) score against the Blades

now to Ninian Park!

The live TV jinx strikes again! That and Yakubo not scoring AGAIN. Sheringham looks like he needs a rest. We really need Toderov and Pericard back up front, then we can get back to fast breaks.

What's more the Scum game is on TV as well. Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

yes it's up in Wales. the only thing I wish for is no repeat of the Leeds incident a couple of years ago, really. that gave footy a really bad name.

I think you should be good enough for a win against the Leicester. Pompey are pretty good at home, and Leicester's only won once away. But as they say, the ball is round. Good luck to all!

MVD - Hi! I myself will be rooting for the Blues tonight, much as it is horifically immoral that people should have that kind of money - I always like to see Man United lose.
Mirrorball - Comiserations. I saw the goals and I thought they were pretty soft goals to give away. Still, Todorov's probably going to be back by the start of the New Year so that's good news.

Carling Cup time. I really don't like this competition - granted, we almost beat Liverpool last season only to go down to penalties, but still.

Nonetheless, we've got the Dec 21st South Coast Preview - that should be a cracker. Good luck to your boys!

chelsea are going to be hard to stop this year!!! they fully deserved to beat united, and are definetly the team to beat.
they've such a good squad and are only going to get better.

man that was one boring game

comiserations as always

I don't think Niemi managed to touch the ball at all

at least Redknapp has a general idea of what he can do on the 21st at St. Mary's though

and I know this refers to only a minority of yobs among the Pompey (and Saints) faithful, but if it were Ipswich who were booing during any minute's silence (whether at Carrow Road or not) I'd definitely be ashamed

so wheres rivaldo headed?

chelsea? liverpool? or back to brazil?

i wouldnt rule out man utd!

Liverpool don't want him, Houllier's said so. I think most likely they'll be going after Alan Smith instead.

I don't think they need him at Chelsea or at United, although I wouldn't rule it out

I know Spurs were looking to buy him sometime but I doubt they have the $

neither have Arsenal

Newcastle seems a good bet

roy keane has went public and said united need a new striker when the january transfer window opens. who knows?

your right, i wouldnt rule out newcastle.

i just hope he comes to the premiership!

yertle-the-turtle said:
man that was one boring game

comiserations as always

I don't think Niemi managed to touch the ball at all

at least Redknapp has a general idea of what he can do on the 21st at St. Mary's though

and I know this refers to only a minority of yobs among the Pompey (and Saints) faithful, but if it were Ipswich who were booing during any minute's silence (whether at Carrow Road or not) I'd definitely be ashamed

Firstly, those w*nkers who booed during the minutes silence have no shame, no brain and are a disgrace to the club/human race.

Thanks for the sympathy Yertle. We were dreadful, the game was dreadful, it was truely mind numbing. S********** weren't much better but at least they know how to score goals. Apparently we still have Mark Burchill at the club. Hey Redknapp, he's a STRIKER who can score GOALS (hint hint). Unless he's cup tied why the **** isn't he playing?

Yakubu IS Emile Heskey.

well considering Heskey did score what in my opinion was the goal of the weekend...:wink:

Burchill played for us back in the prem in 2001. didn't really do much. he's currently at Wigan, I don't know whether Redknapp's going to call him back but it seems unlikely.

To be very honest with you I'm looking at your squad list and the only person who seems likely to score is Todorov, who's injured. Roberts didn't do much the last time 'round with West Brom although his experience might count, Yakubu looks like he needs a rest, Sheringham is doing nothing. Pericard I don't have much of an opinion of, but I've read he's injured anyway.

at least you're not as bad as Man City. Keegan's been making flop signing after flop signing, beginning with Robbie Fowler. Hopefully he flogs Huckerby to Wigan or anyone other than Delia's boys. It doesn't seem likely he'll stay at Carrot Road, which is a welcome relief because, objectively speaking, he is class and the sooner he goes the sooner Norwich return to form....below us! :evil:

yes, I've got the commentary from the BBC

I wouldn't mind a point

Forest are always difficult to beat at home

but it was quite a soft goal to give away (bad defending from corner and somehow it got scrambled in)

but I guess it's accurate

not over yet though! we've got a corner!

never imagined I'd say this, but

COME ON WEST BROM!!!

granted they're up against United Youth but they've got some big players in there (OK, just Ronaldo, Kleberson, Butt and O'Shea but still, it IS Man United. not a bad night!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom