The End of the Olsen Twins in Sight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the people who are bashing the twins may well appreciate that they are fairly decent role models for young kids to look up to compared to the boatload of skanky types that dominates our cultural landscape. The really annoying bit perhaps stems from the age old battle of quality, intelligent art as entertainment vs shitbrained publicity-mongering branding as entertainment.

Last edited:
I see nothing special in them or about them nor any discernable talent apart from irritating the shit out of me.

Aren't they hungry? I'm gonna go eat a bacon cheeseburger for that skeletal one in the pink dress.

you know....

all this talk about how they are TOO skinny is JUST AS BAD as talk about people being over-weight. Why do we put so much emphasis on appearance? WHY?

She is a petite 17 year old girl who has been raised well and is a good role model for young girls - are there FACTS that she has an eating disorder? Because, occasionally there are people who are just damn skinny. Again, she is a TEENAGER...give her a few years...she'll gain weight. :rolleyes:

I don't know who they are or what they do.I hadn't seen a picture of them before I wandered in here but I don't think they look like monkeys.

sheesh

zoney! said:
...give her a few years...she'll gain weight. :rolleyes:

^ that made me :laugh:

I agree with what HelloAngel said.
I could be wrong but I think one of them has admitted to having an eating disorder. If it is true, whichever one it is certainly doesn't deserve such harsh criticism. Try living with such a condition for 6 months and see how well you do. Then try it under constant public scrutiny.
:rolleyes:

zoney! said:
you know....

all this talk about how they are TOO skinny is JUST AS BAD as talk about people being over-weight. Why do we put so much emphasis on appearance? WHY?

She is a petite 17 year old girl who has been raised well and is a good role model for young girls - are there FACTS that she has an eating disorder? Because, occasionally there are people who are just damn skinny. Again, she is a TEENAGER...give her a few years...she'll gain weight. :rolleyes:

:applaud:

zoney! said:
you know....

:up:

we've got some problems if zoney's the voice of reason :wink:

I don't see why people can't ignore them. They're cute, and look like they'll be even hotter in a couple of years. Kids love them and they don't seem like screwed up kids to boot. I think its amazing that they've been able to become multi millionaires.

Full House was an ok all right show so I have no negativity towards them. The countdowns are creepy but it has to be somewhat of a compliment considering its better to be labeled "hot" than fugly.

Mullen-Girl said:
I think they're geniouses at marketing...they're millionaires cos of all that.

THEY aren't the geniuses...it's their parents/managers that have marketed them to death.

I just don't like the fact that they don't seem to have personalities outside of each other. THey're twins, and that's what they're known for. Not for being individuals or having distinct differences. The power is in their similarities.

It's quite sad, actually.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

I just don't like the fact that they don't seem to have personalities outside of each other. THey're twins, and that's what they're known for. Not for being individuals or having distinct differences. The power is in their similarities.

It's quite sad, actually.

if they separate from each other.. will they explode or something?? :hmm:

hey... who said italian??? :D

Last edited:
I will bet that Bob Saget pines for them every day. Ah, those were the days... Full House on every channel and billions in perks raining down from heaven!

Saget O4 - Oh YES!

Oh and incidentally 'Full House' was most definitely not an ok show. It was pretty far from 'ok'.

I suggest it was in fact pure evil. Debate me.

In my senior year of high school (97-98), my friends and I all took turns writing a really disturbing, but very funny play (think John Waters!). One scene I wrote involved the twins at their "Playmate Playhouse" in Beverly Hills. The Full House gang showed up for the weekend, along with my friends and I, with most hilarious and disturbing results. Maybe I should post that scene in my journal...then everyone will really think I'm a sicko.

:wink:

Or maybe not.

Last edited:
I actually already read somewhere that they turned down an offer from Hustler magazine to pose nude after they're birthday.

Mary Kate is unhealthy looking she's so thin - but I can certainly think of some childhood acts that are MUCH worse to watch or hear - like BArney or the Wiggles.

The Olsen Twins' "ends" have been in quite a few males' sights for a few years now if you catch my drift! Hey oh!!!

(Someone has probably already made such a comment, but I am too lazy to actually scan the entire thread)

Back
Top Bottom